DirectX and XNA

Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 17 hours, 52 minutes ago
Further CharacterController developments - By Aardvajk
Still driving myself mad with character controllers. Hopefully a bit of progress this morning though.Part of the issue is locking the character to the floor, so that we only need to apply gravity w...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 57 minutes ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /11 - 4/18 Say hello to new journal author Truerror !Project Updates et1337 makes games - et1337 made one last push this past week for Lemma...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
RuinValor on Greenlight - By riuthamus
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248222520 RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (an...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 6 hours ago
Software OpenGL Rasterizer + Quake 2 - By BGB
basically, lacking much better to do recently, I wrote a basic software rasterizer and put an OpenGL front-end on it, then proceeded to make Quake 2 work on it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DP6d...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 19 hours ago
Lines with rounded corners - By slayemin
My girlfriend asked me today if I'm behind schedule on my game. I didn't really want to answer her, but she pointed out that I was planning on hiring an artist to work with me in December. It's lon...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
Back to CharacterControllers - By Aardvajk
Dumped the 2D game. It was going okay technically but just wasn't fun to play so had to make the decision to scrap it.Back determined to write a 3D platform game again, so back to grappling with a...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 6 hours ago
Porting Accidental Noise Library to .NET - By evolutional
I've been inspired by the images that JTippetts ' Accidental Noise Library can generate. However, these days I do very little C++ work so I felt like tinkering with a little project that would hel...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /4 - 4/11. Project Updates RADICAL HEROES: CRIMSON CITY CRISIS - MAD UNICORN GAMES is prepping for the release of Crimson City Heroes on De...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Game Update #8 - By riuthamus
http://www.ruinvalor.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gorgane_post_001.jpg It has been a while since this blog has been updated and we are very sorry about that. Some of you might have hear...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Gorgane, one last time - By riuthamus
Pretty sure this is my last correction to the gorgane! I think it turned out well so far, what do you think?http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_371/gallery_1_371_3526243.gif
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Thoughts on Direct3D 12 - By Jason Z
Introduction At the BUILD 2014 conference, Max McMullen provided an overview of some of the changes coming in Direct3D 12. In case you missed it, take a look at it here . In general, I really enj...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Looking forward - By Burnt_Fyr
Well, I have made back most of what i have lost, although I'm not 100% sure I like what I have, it is working for the most part. I started working on a deferred rendering demo, but since I had neve...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Auxnet: Battlegrounds Progress - By Squared'D
I've been making a lot of progress these days. I've just finished most of a major renovation (hopefully the last until release) of the graphics engine. Before I had limited each model to one set o...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Personal plug: if you like space and/or you like Kerbal Space Program, be sure to follow @KSA_MissionCtrl , it's starting to take off quite nicelyOk, here are your Journal Land entries from the per...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
3D modelling again - By Aardvajk
Just a quick image of the kind of model it is now getting possible (dare I say, easy and fun) to create with Charm now a lot of the irritations are being ironed out. Nothing like writing a piece of...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Part 3 - getting a handle on directx - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 3 - Getting a handle on directxGetting up to speed:So i was going to be using directx and visual studio c++. All fine and good,but i hadn't written a line of code in...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Hieroglyph3 and WPF - By Jason Z
As I mentioned in my last entry , I am in the process of evaluating a number of different UI frameworks for use with Direct3D 11 integrated into them. This is mostly for editor style applications,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Font editor - By Tape_Worm
http://tape-worm.net/wblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sitelogo.png It’s been a very long time since I’ve made an update here. I’ve been working steadily on the font editor module for the Gorgon e...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 3 /24 - 3/30. Don't forget I skipped a week and two weekends while I was away for GDC so be sure to skim back through journals as well.Stop by...
< Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
The Building of Caveman - part 2. What to build, and tool selection - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - part 2.What to build, and how?What to build? thats the first of a million questions to be answered when building a game.Well, the answer turns out to be pretty simple:you...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
The Building of Caveman - Part 1 - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman, Part 1in this series of posts i will explain the process of making the game Caveman v3.0. What was done and why.this is done in hopes that it may help others in their quest...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 19 hours ago
BTIC1C Screen Capture: Performance and older HW... - By BGB
I had recently fiddled some with BTIC1C real-time recording, and have got some interesting results:main desktop PC, mostly holds a solid 29/30 fps for recording.* 1680x1050p30 on a 3.4 GHz Phenom I...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Developing the AI Middleware's Interface - By Squared'D
Developing the AI Middleware's InterfaceAs I explained in my last post, I've developed a text-based sample game that I'll use to build the initial version of the AI system. Then I'll get it to work...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
AI System Progress and Auxnet development - By Squared'D
AI - Progress Things have been going well on the AI front. I'm still hoping to have a strong enough foundation in a few weeks to be able to put my source code up on GitHub. It'll still be very...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
New Game Prototyping - By Aardvajk
Decided to ditch the 3D platformer for the time being and go back to writing a 2D platformer. I find a 2D game demands less in terms of quality of content and isn't as immediately comparable to AAA...

PARTNERS