• Create Account

Game Industry Job Advice

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 59 minutes ago
Tool overview - By shadowisadog
The week of awesome II starts tomorrow, so today I will talk about the tools that I plan to use for my competition entry.Game Engine The main tool that I will be using is Game Maker Studio . Game...
Developer Journal - 15 hours, 36 minutes ago
Grappling away... - By Aardvajk
Still grappling away in my spare time. Been focusing on making the rope behave correctly with moving objects, which has proven to be a bit more complicated than I expected, but seems to be working...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 14 minutes ago
Updates! Puppies! - By TheChubu
It's been a while since I updated this journal, not because I didn't had anything to write about though. So, recap on updates it is. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 1 hour ago
The Meachnical Heart: Snow and My Ineptitude - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog Where better to start the Dev-blog than what the player will see first when playing the game, the main menu. We wanted the main menu to really set the scene...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
And we're back to just the boring old title as I realize that the journal listing page cuts the date off. Oh well, just keep an eye on the update date, people. Here are your entries from 9 /13 - 9/...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 8 hours ago
An example of making a change to Caveman... - By Norman Barrows
An example of making a change to Caveman...This is a quick description of what its like to make a change to the game.I just finished the new bandmember AI. Now it was time to make bandmember AI use...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 9 hours ago
"Judges Score", a very short entry... - By Orymus3
"Judges Score", a very short entry... Although most (if not all) of my entries will be entered from the standpoint of a participant, this one is written from the perspective of a judge. A f...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 17 hours ago
Argh, bitrot. - By ApochPiQ
Turns out that leaving a project alone for six months is a great way to discover that it's full of mysterious bugs you don't remember having.I noticed some weird behavior with Era, the Epoch IDE, e...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 23 hours ago
More raypick code! - By Norman Barrows
More raypick code!I just posted some code in my Caveman journal that includes another example of raypick code:http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1730/entry-2260114-new-orders-menu-code/ This is actual rea...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 1 minute ago
New orders menu code - By Norman Barrows
New orders menu codeHere's the new orders menu code to go with the new bandmember AInothing fancy, it shows a menu, "Issue orders to..."then a second menu "Orders..."it then sets the orders state o...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 1 hour ago
New band member AI code - By Norman Barrows
New band member AI codeHere's the new code for bandmember AI.In AI terms, this code is a crude expert system:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_system it is implemented primarily as a decision tre...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 4 hours ago
New bandmember AI done - By Norman Barrows
New bandmember AI doneThe new AI for bandmembers is done. The new orders menu is done as well. The new AI can deal with being in a shelter, taking fire, being cornered, etc, as well as follow order...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 22 hours ago
Welcome! - By shadowisadog
I will be using this journal to keep you all updated on my progress on the week of awesome II competition,I will be using Game Maker Studio for this contest and generating my graphics using a combi...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 26 minutes ago
A Quick Introduction to Sampler-Based Profiling - By ApochPiQ
Sampler-Based Profiling: The Quick Version So you're happily working on some code, and suddenly it happens: everything is just too damn slow ! Something is eating up all your performance, but it's...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 3 hours ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
Given that I'll be both partaking in the event , and a judge for the competition, it is only fitting that I start blogging about this! The Week of Awesome II? While the linked thread does a good j...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 hours ago
Building a SlimDX MiniTriangle sample with Direct3D11 and IronPython - By Washu
<p>I generally don't post huge code dumps, mainly because I find them more annoying and less helpful than some books/authors might. But you know, I've been playing with IronPython/SlimDX re...
Building a SlimDX MiniTriangle sample with Direct3D11 and IronPython - By Washu
I generally don't post huge code dumps, mainly because I find them more annoying and less helpful than some books/authors might. But you know, I've been playing with IronPython/SlimDX recently and...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD EAX, [EAX] of N - By Washu
So far I’ve covered how SlimGen works and the difficulties in doing what it does, including calling convention issues that one must be made aware of when writing replacement methods for use with Sl...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD EAX, [EAX] of N - By Washu
So far I’ve covered how SlimGen works and the difficulties in doing what it does, including calling convention issues that one must be made aware of when writing replacement methods for use with Sl...
The Mechanical Heart - An Introduction - By dsm1891
THE MECHANICAL HEART Development Blog Welcome all,I have decided to create a weekly development blog of my current project titled The Mechanical Heart. In this issue I will outline what you can c...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD AL, [RAX] of N - By Washu
The question does arise though, when using SlimGen and writing your SSE replacement methods, what kind of calling convention does the CLR use?The CLR uses a version of fastcall. On x86 processors t...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD AL, [RAX] of N - By Washu
The question does arise though, when using SlimGen and writing your SSE replacement methods, what kind of calling convention does the CLR use?The CLR uses a version of fastcall. On x86 processors t...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD [EAX], EAX of N - By Washu
So previously we delved into one of the nastier performance corners on the .Net framework. Today I’m going to introduce you to a tool, that is in development currently, which allows you to take tho...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD [EAX], EAX of N - By Washu
So previously we delved into one of the nastier performance corners on the .Net framework. Today I’m going to introduce you to a tool, that is in development currently, which allows you to take tho...
SlimGen and You, Part ADD [EAX], AL of N - By Washu
Imagine you could have the safety of managed code, and the speed of SIMD all in one? Sounds like one of those weird dreams Trent has, or perhaps you are already thinking of using C++/CLI to wrap S...

PARTNERS