• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Game Industry Job Advice

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 4 hours ago
Gnoblins is on facebook now - By Ashaman73
...so check it out: http://www.facebook.com/Gnoblins
Developer Journal - 4 days, 14 hours ago
Who's going to GDC? - By joew
Since it was the last day of online registration I caved and bought a GDC pass since I really didn't want to miss out this year with all the uber cool new toys that'll be on the floor. Who else is...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 14 hours ago
ECS is officially the bomb! - By CC Ricers
Over the last week and a half, I have been working on my own ECS framework. This is a side project away from my main voxel game, but it is something I wanted to do in order to be able to improve my...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 11 hours ago
Entities can be a plain integer too! - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest features of dustArtemis, int based entities and component pooling. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenc...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 14 hours ago
Kitchen Sink Week - By joew
Definitely a kitchen sink week. Since the last time I posted I've hopped around and worked on probably 10-12 completely different things, which is quite interesting but at the same time extremely d...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 17 hours ago
On your mark, get set, crawl! - By Drakonka
In my previous post I wrote about rethinking racing (aka ripping out the existing racing system).Today I got most of the work done on that. There is a lot left to do, but as of right now:A new jar...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Rethinking Racing. Also Cool Snail Art! - By Drakonka
Racing in Gastorpoda has been implemented for months in its most basic state, but has never really gotten the attention it needs. So things like jars, in-jar positioning, and movement ended up evol...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Testing UI - By CC Ricers
First, a late thanks to the staff at GDnet for featuring one of my entries. It was certainly not expected and I'm glad it was very insightful to a lot of people. Back to business on my game work, I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Thought about PIMPL - By Aardvajk
Was just thinking about using some PIMPL in a project I'm working on and had a thought about avoiding the (probably irrelevant) cost of having to new the implementation for a value class.Would this...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Snail brain semi-stable and reviewing visual traits set during breeding - By Drakonka
The snail brain, while still very basic, seems somewhat stable now. By "stable" I mean a snail can survive and reproduce without human intervention if it has a steady supply of food.When I first em...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 hour ago
They are still alive... - By Ashaman73
I mean the Gnoblins http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/wub.png After such a long time of silence I have some news and something new to watch.http://public.gamedev5.net//pub...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 14 hours ago
Voxel lighting problem solved - By CC Ricers
I have fixed a problem that has bugged me for quite some time. For most of the development of SeedWorld, up until last week, every chunk was not able to access voxels from immediate neighbors. Th...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Me and my shadow... - By Aardvajk
So I finally got to working on the shadow mapping and making it a bit more sophisticated. Previously I was only casting shadows directly down from above and only casting onto surfaces which were f...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Gastropoda - a snail simulation - By Drakonka
My hobby project doesn't really fall into the category of a "game", but it seems game dev communities are still among the most relevant to discuss it. I guess that's because there are no popular si...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Model Loading Code Updated to AssimpNet 3.3.1 - By ericrrichards22
Just a quick update today. I've updated the 3D model loading code to use the latest version of AssimpNet that is on Nuget now. The latest code is updated on GitHub.The biggest changes appear to be...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Old entries - By polyfrag
After looking at old entries I wrote, I discovered I found them quite interesting and valid. I found them in my external hard drive.Oct 8 2013Why gamesTuesday Oct. 8 2013Why are games not a waste,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
What an alpha! - By joew
It seems I haven't posted in quite some time... which is ironic considering I wish I had been posting more during development, but unfortunately there haven't been enough hours in the day!During ou...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
It Lives! - By Aardvajk
Its been a busy week for both me and my game. In real life news, I have finally managed to find myself a nice flat in a very nice part of our town, for a reasonable rent and will be back to having...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
MMOs! Y u no EZ? - By ApochPiQ
A common aspiration among nascent game developers is to make an MMO . It's actually a pretty common aspiration in many perfectly functional, well-established studios, as well; but at least on GDNet...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Economy RTS exploration - By polyfrag
http://youtu.be/SnpFr6jEp0Q
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Making my own SpriteFont implementation - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone.So it's been a little while since my last journal entry. Various things about the internals of Firework Factory were annoying me so in true programmer fashion i had to spend some time r...
Economy Planner exploration - By polyfrag
<lj-embed id="8" />Source
Economy Planner fog of war - By polyfrag
<lj-embed id="7" />Source
An example of a big change in Caveman - By Norman Barrows
An example of a big change to CavemanI've been playtesting a lot recently.Drawing objects in an avatar's hands in animationsis the next thing on the todo list - and that's justeye candy. I'm into g...
Chunks are proper cubes now. Also, shooter game returns - By CC Ricers
Another quick no-pic update. I've spent a lot of time in the voxel chunk rendering code, perhaps too much time, but part of it has to do with converting chunks to 32x32x32 size.Previously every chu...

PARTNERS