Game Industry Job Advice

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 7 hours, 41 minutes ago
Spellbound is up for voting on Steam Greenlight - By slayemin
Double post day!!! I rushed ahead of myself and just published Spellbound on steam greenlight . Yikes. I wanted to do a 2 minute game play trailer video, but I suddenly decided that the 8 minu...
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 11 minutes ago
Spellbound Reactions Video - By slayemin
We finished producing the video for our game and it's now online! We brought around eight people to our office to come play through our game and recorded their reactions to it. This video is a comp...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 13 hours ago
Facebook - By Arthur Souza
Hey guys,In my efforts to come back to posting I've started a facebook page!You can now hit me up at https://www.facebook.com/stuffgamestudio :DDDD
Developer Journal - 2 days, 12 hours ago
Seamless models - harder than it looks - By Aardvajk
Finally got finished on all of the pipeline work needed to start to use static meshes as part of the level design. Turns out it is far harder than it looks to make seamless models http://public.gam...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 4 hours ago
Been Sick - Win Condition - By JEJoll
**NOTE: This post was a little longer than I intended. If you don't want to read everything, there're some interesting things about enemy types and game titles near the end. Cheers! I've been...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 16 hours ago
My Game Jolt GDC Jam entry - By Arthur Souza
I was on gjgdcjam this weekend, didn't really invest too much time on the game, but got a playable result at least. Developed on XNA 4 using vs15, if you want to check it out the source code...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 1 hour ago
Snaily Updates: BrainHub + Runners, SnailLife Logo - By Drakonka
I finally have two BrainRunners working on a DigitalOcean droplet, and one BrainHub on another droplet queueing and assigning tasks to the runners. It's still rough, but let's start with the Brain...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 10 hours ago
The GameObject Pooler - By ferrous
So another fellow was doing a journal and was a little nervous about posting code for review. It got me thinking that I should post some code up as well. (I do have a game update that I could do...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 11 hours ago
Strip back the game - By Aardvajk
 I decided the other day to completely strip my game back to basics. Well, I actually started a new project and gradually moved the code I wanted over because I'm obsessive like that and want...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
Closed test session, could need some helping hands ! - By Ashaman73
I want to start a new closed test only available to a small, dedicated group of testers. If someone has interest in helping me out, send me a PM and I will give you the download link http://public....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 21 hours ago
Small Update - Health UI - By JEJoll
Just a small update today. Got in ~30 minutes last night. Health UI is working. Motorbike tonight. Also, I might regret this, but I was thinking about posting all of the code for this gam...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Mobs, Health, Death - Better Late Than Never - By JEJoll
Some things came up preventing me from working on the project for a couple of days, but I was able to get my base AI, health and death working (mostly). I've noticed a few unwanted behaviours...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Rendering Tree Sprites - By JTippetts
It's been awhile since I did anything 2D-related, and I'm a little bit worried that some of those particular hard-earned skills are starting to fade from my weak brain. Last night, I was talking wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
First Entry - About Half Way Done - By JEJoll
So, here's my first entry on any dev blog ever. I find it hard to stay motivated in making my games, and to find the time, so I figure a regular journal will help quell that problem. Might as well...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Preparing my engine for Vulkan API - By Ashaman73
Looking at the vulkan api so far, it could solve many of my rendering performance issues in my engine. My engine was based on OpenGL 1.2, followed by a transition to OGL 2.0 and lot of extension la...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
BrainHub and BrainRunner - Finally Over the Hump - By Drakonka
Note: This post may make more sense if you also check out the one I posted before Christmas on my blog (which I unfortunately forgot to also post here at the time: http://liza.io/the-brain-scope-i...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Shuffling class responsibilities - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest release of dustArtemis, which changes a bit the component handling.  dustArtemis  dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Modules in the Om scripting language - By Aardvajk
Modules in Om  I never wanted to add include statements to Om. I was always very keen to ensure that each script file could be compiled in isolation without having to do any kind of old-fashio...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
January Update - By slayemin
 Alpha game play footage of Spellbound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTCEQYWRM8 Production: We're slowly changing gears from a production focus to a test, polish and promote focus....
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 hour ago
January update: large creatures, polishing and preparing a closed test - By Ashaman73
Welcome to the January update.The focus of the last two month was the transition of the game from a developer version to something you should give someone for testing. That is polishing the art, th...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Going Mobile - By ferrous
Oh, updated the webgl one, that link is here : Seems to work in Chrome now, yay. But oddly, it errored for me in FireFox at first. So lets see, since last time, I have: Added a local sc...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Om: Varadic Functions and Reference Types - By Aardvajk
Varadic Functions and Reference Types  I've finished up adding varadic script functions to Om now, and have just got the basics of reference types working, although that needs a lot more testi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 19 hours ago
ANL Expression Parsing - By JTippetts
Over the last several years, my noise library (ANL ) has been a sort of sink for whatever miscellaneous time I get in between work, kids, the house, game development, game playing, etc... It has ev...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
The 10 Suggestions. - By Alpheus
I think for anyone beginning to learn to game dev, you should heed the following Suggestions.I don't care how you do it; just do it.Your language doesn't matter. Your platform doesn't matter.Nothin...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Okay, so its been a while... - By ferrous
Okay, so I fell off the coding wagon, and found it a bit intimidating to jump back to the big TBS game. I decided I'd ease myself into it by playing around with a quickie simple game, and learn mor...

PARTNERS