• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Game Industry Job Advice

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 5 hours ago
Moving to MonoGame and Planning the AI - By CC Ricers
I guess it's pretty soon after my last journal entry, but I've been quick at progress with my game code the past couple of days. First of all I finally got the Entity-Component System code working...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 7 hours ago
HLSL Cookbook: Directional Lighting - By ericrrichards22
Moving along with Chapter 1 of the HLSL Development Cookbook , we're on to handling directional lighting. I've covered most of the theory behind directional lighting previously , so this is going t...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
Project Restart - By Aardvajk
Having a day off work today and have decided to dump my 2.5D grappling hook game and restarted my 3D platformer.I'm doing all the physics myself in this one. I have the levels loading from the edi...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 3 hours ago
From Puppies to Bullets: real-time pixels and CES - By CC Ricers
Moving right into making a new game to revive my C# and XNA skills, I decided to go with a top-down view shooter. I already have a code base to start with, which includes some basic AI. The AI is a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 hours ago
Returning to form? - By CC Ricers
What's going on everyone! I haven't touched this journal (or this website) for over a year. I also had a blog that I stopped updating for just as long. For those followers that still remember me, y...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 17 hours ago
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #2 - By Washu
Developer Journal - 1 week, 20 hours ago
Stress and production - By slayemin
I'm feeling the stress of financial pressure right now. My face is a bit scrunched in deep concern right now. Where is this coming from?I'm looking at my total savings and have calculated a monthly...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 20 hours ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
< Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Solo+ Development - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog I had planned on writing about screen shake this week, but unfortunately the screen shake I came up with didn't look as good as I wanted. So (hopefully) I wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Hemispherical Ambient Lighting - By ericrrichards22
Well, it's been two rough months since the last post. Work has been crazy, and I've been wrestling with finishing up my never-ending Voronoi mapping project. So I decided to switch gears and return...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Engine Upgrade - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog This week marks the final(ish) turning point for TMH's Engine. If you have read previous additions you ay know the engine was originally written in C++ and u...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Stupid bit rot - By ApochPiQ
After a couple of days of preoccupation with other things, I sat down tonight to start hacking on Epoch. I was unprepared for the bizarre puzzle that unfolded immediately after.I had been mucking a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Screenshot of my game engines sloppy particle system - By slayemin
I know it's a complete waste of time since Unreal Engine 4 will do all of this for me, but I really wanted to implement my own particle engine. It only took me two days to implement since my render...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 13 hours ago
The Right to Bear Arms (now with meshes) - By Aardvajk
Bit of progress since the last entry. Now, instead of generating a model for the player on the fly, I'm using a very quickly thrown together rigged mesh from my 3D modelling software and modifying...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 17 hours ago
Box Shooting - By newtechnology
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10615516_1005131029513251_5070060260916942083_n.jpg?oh=5478630b28a189aefb3c82a23c4bd232&oe=54F63EB4&__gda__=1420473316_5bdcae...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
More hacking on native executables - By ApochPiQ
I've started the long and tedious process of slowly but surely hooking up every single Epoch language feature to the new LLVM bindings, so that the compiler can emit 100% native binaries instead of...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Review of Legend of Grimrock 2 (Video Game) - By ShiftyCake
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Almost Human, 2014) is a role-playing action game with puzzle aspects modelled after classic 1980s and 1990 role-playing action games. The game is a dungeon crawler that uses...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
The Right to Bear Arms - By Aardvajk
The player object now has arms that the grapples visually attach to. They smoothly move from the rest position to the correct position when grappling and rotate towards the correct point.I've had...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Project Update - By Aardvajk
Just wanted to post since the obligatory eight to ten weeks since last entry have passed :) The Grappling Hook project is alive and well and continuing apace. I've got the level editor at the point...

PARTNERS