• Create Account

Events for Gamers

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Post-Mortem - By Orymus3
At last, time to reflect on WoA IV. 2 weeks have gone by since completion of the project, and I was on Holidays.For the most part, I didn't give much thought to WoA except on a few occasions w...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
Epilogue - By Orymus3
I've taken the time to reflect on the competition now and decided to do a short pre-post-mortem (as I do intend on revisiting after seeing comments from the judges). Why did I join? Bluntly pu...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 hour ago
Day 7 - Learning to 'Man Up' - By Orymus3
So I'm done whining about the day I may have lost to a thunderstorm/tornado combo attack. Instead, I chose to actually get stuff done today. My original list for the day was quite extensive, a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 hours ago
Build Instructions - By Orymus3
Orymus' Prometheus (a 'The Week of Awesome IV' gamejam entry)  Build Location https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1nSU4JSGSWiNWo0SHBtcWh2eHM/view?usp=sharing  Recommended specs Resolution...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 hours ago
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 7 - By Servant of the Lord
Here's my final release: [Sepulchre - Grey Army ]  http://puu.sh/qBKQR/510daaf177.png  (coded from scratch using C++ and SFML)  Well, this was an exhausting end-march to the fi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 17 hours ago
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 6 - By Servant of the Lord
I wasn't able to do any work on my entry until about 9pm last night, so I went straight through the night. Combat is now almost entirely implemented. \o/ The quality of my code is also shot to...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 23 hours ago
Day 6 - Where grown men break... - By Orymus3
We're running to the finish line here, and there's still so much to do...I've managed to put together a version for anyone generous enough to give it a spin!Game Demo  Known issues:- Always ru...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Day 5 - Sleep, where art thou? - By Orymus3
Day 5 just ended for me. Progress Report: - Main Menu -- I have something, not sure if you'd call this a main menu, but it's there!   - Victory and Defeat screens or dialogue -- I hav...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 5 - By Servant of the Lord
Time is getting very tight. Combat still isn't implemented. Very little progress made. Must type in short sentences to conserve remaining time. I've visually beautified the world significantly...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Day IV - Show me what you've got! - By Orymus3
With Day 3 being entirely wasted (power shortage and just general hell on earth scenario), I came in Day 4 strong, knowing everything I wouldn't do would get axed from the final game build. On...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Day 3: And Thunder stuck... - By Orymus3
Not much to say on Day 3...A small tornado hit our area, 10 of my neighbors had large trees uprooted or broken in half... My area was unreachable by conventional transportation for the entire eveni...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 3 - By Servant of the Lord
Well. I've made alot of progress, but the combat still isn't implemented. I've done a little UI work, but ran into a minor problem that I'm too sleepy to resolve, so I'll deal with it tomorrow...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Day 2 - Woa Iv Is Taking Its Toll... - By Orymus3
End of Day 2 (most likely start of Day 3 for me). As I’m about to get started working on the game for Day 3, I look back at Day 2. This journal entry is as much a means to communicate with fellow...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Woa 2016 - End Of Day 2 - By Servant of the Lord
Well, this wraps up the end of day 2 for me (more like the beginning of Day 3, since it's 5AM. :wink:) I felt like I've made some very significant progress, though I'm still nervous because I...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Woa 2016 - End Of Day 1 - By Servant of the Lord
Hi guys. I'm off to a slow start, but here's my first daily wrap-up post.(Warning: the 'Daily' wrap up post may not actually occur every day. Take only as prescribed by your doctor ) Team: G...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Day 1 - Immagonna Participate This Year? - By Orymus3
Full disclosure here: I wasn't going to participate this year...Timing was horrible for me, both professionally and personally.As a matter of fact, I was approached to take jury duty this time arou...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 3 weeks ago
New World instance builder - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the new interface for creating World instances, the World.Builder!  dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced...
Developer Journal - 7 months, 1 week ago
Shuffling class responsibilities - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest release of dustArtemis, which changes a bit the component handling.  dustArtemis  dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which...
Developer Journal - 9 months, 2 weeks ago
If an RPG falls in a forest, but the trees suck, does anyone care? - By Servant of the Lord
My game, Of Stranger Flames, takes place in a fictional French colony settled in a heavily-wooden bit of terrain.Forested areas appeal to me greatly, so it makes sense to set my game in a forest.Th...
Developer Journal - 9 months, 3 weeks ago
On E-Sport: Pro-Gaming the most Engaging JOB in the world? - By Orymus3
Whether you like it or not, E-Sport has been rising steadily for the past 5+ years and has shown no sign of decline. Experts have studied long and hard the sources and effects of this phenomenon an...
Developer Journal - 10 months, 1 week ago
PlayFab Game Jam Postmortem - By swiftcoder
<p>A couple of weeks ago I participated in a 48-hour game jam hosted by PlayFab here in Seattle, with fellow procedural planet veteran <a href="http://alexcpeterson.com/ " target="_blan...
Developer Journal - 11 months, 6 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 1 day ago
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 1 day ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 5 days ago
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...

PARTNERS