• Create Account

We need your help!

We need 7 developers from Canada and 18 more from Australia to help us complete a research survey.

Support our site by taking a quick sponsored survey and win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

Events for Gamers

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 days, 16 hours ago
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 22 hours ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 15 hours ago
Post-Mortem on "Death is Useful" - By Orymus3
About the game"Death is Useful by Orymus" is a game developed exclusively for "the Week of Awesome III" gamejam event (#gdnjam).The player is prompted to play as a nameless protagonist (sphere) and...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Day 5 - The End - By Orymus3
Day 5 Goals [s]- Find a simple [s]solution to avoid Purple overcrowding [s]- Package the build and test it under various conditions to insure judges are able to play it! I ended up findin...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Day 4 - Final? - By Orymus3
My plan for Day 4 was this:[s]- Rework the Result Screen visual. - Add two mob variations - Find a simple solution to avoid Purple overcrowding - Package the build and test it under various...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Day 3 - Ugh Agh Gheeee! - By Orymus3
Roadmap DAY 3 (Wednesday) - [s]Art - [s]Sound - [s]Tweaks to the mobs - Setting the spawn order to a fixed order (to circumvent situations where I could have to deal with more than 1 purple at any...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 23 hours ago
Day 1&2 - All hell breaks loose - By Orymus3
So it wasn't the Week of Awesome I was looking for.I had hinted originally that I might need to drop out due to work-related issues, and as it turned out, I had grossly underestimated this issue. T...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
From YAML to renderer in 50ms - By TheChubu
The idea of these couple entries will be to describe how I load my renderer's pipeline from a YAML file. In this particular entry I'll be describing the renderer architecture as it is right now. Fr...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
The Week of Awesome? Last year , I took part in the Week of Awesome II, explaining the reasons why I chose to join.As I've effectively just determined that I'll be joining up for the Week of Awesom...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Shelving the Prototype - By Orymus3
As an indie with a steady income, I have the ability to make prototypes and shelve them as needed.Today is one of these times.After spending some time to get Mercenaries running on Unity (2 Players...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 6 days ago
Megamorphic calls - By TheChubu
I'll be having this journal to post random stuff probably! So... Megamorphic calls JVM distinguish regular calls from megamorphic calls (actually it distinguishes bimorphic calls too but whatever...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Playing around with environment lighting mockups - By Servant of the Lord
I've been playing around in Paint Shop Pro to mockup different environment lightings. These are conceptual (they aren't in-game): http://puu.sh/gGSr4/c1948952f0.png This is stylistic practice for...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Data permanence (or a lack thereof) - By swiftcoder
When Google VP Vint Cerf warned that increased dependence on technology could lead to a ‘digital dark age’ , he merely echoed the concern of everyone involved in the preservation of information in...
Developer Journal - 6 months, 15 hours ago
Workin' on the editor - By Servant of the Lord
Progress is picking up again on my 2D RPG game. I never stopped working on the game's engine/editor, but progress was mostly non-visual and slow-moving progress. The engine uses 'layers' (and 'floo...
Developer Journal - 6 months, 1 week ago
Entities can be a plain integer too! - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest features of dustArtemis, int based entities and component pooling. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenc...
Developer Journal - 9 months, 6 days ago
Entities and tracking their components - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest feature of dustArtemis, fixed length bit sets for component tracking! dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-lice...
Developer Journal - 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 11 months, 1 week ago
Epilogue - A Post-Mortem on "The Life of Phillip Morris" - By Orymus3
Epilogue - A Post-Mortem "That chilling moment when I have learned the truth, and suddenly, my car became nothing more than a toy. I had lost innocence on that day, and I fought tooth and na...
End of day seven - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Alrighty, here's my entry: [Download .zip file from Dropbox] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byq6HBvCUAAlEgo.png Man, this was really tiring. I had to vastly shift the gameplay mechanics earlier toda...
Moved to GitHub! - By TheChubu
Small update, moved the repo to GitHub, and config files. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities, Com...
Chapter 7 - Delivery! - By Orymus3
Chapter 7 Here we are, the competition is finally over!Here is my Build .(I've hosted in for convenience, so I can easily issue new builds as the day progresses until the Final countdown elapses.)...
End of day 6 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Well, we're coming down to it. Not sure I'll be able to make it (though I'll submit whatever I do have by the deadline). I'mma gonna havta pull an all-nighter to make sure I actually submit somethi...

PARTNERS