• Create Account

Game Programming

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 28 minutes, 16 seconds ago
"The Week of Awesome II" Day 2 - By ryan20fun
Hello all.Progress update: I have the basic setup of the game going, A little behind schedule...Day 3: I plan on getting a play controller setup and working.Add some default enemies to battle.Fix m...
Developer Journal - 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
The Feature-fracturing algorithm - By eppo
Time for yet another rewrite of my CSG tool. Yup.Instead of going down the iso-surfacing road like earlier attempts, I now take a more boolean-like approach. This in the sense that I no longer conv...
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
An idea, finally! - By Truerror
So I think we can all agree that getting an idea for a game jam takes time, especially if the theme of said game jam is outside of our expectation. Seriously, "The toys are alive"? Needs a twisted...
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 16 seconds ago
Revel Immortal version 22-d sneak peek - By EDI
Greetings all,I had a semi-productive weekend as planned in my last journal entry.The result is that a pretty significant internal milestone has been reached in the re-design of Revel Immortal.Whil...
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 24 minutes ago
The Week of Awesome II - Day 2 - This way lies madness? - By Eck
Theo does some modeling for the game... And it looks like he might be helping with the story as well.Previous Entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1922/entry-2260138-the-week-of-awesome-ii-day-1-so-i...
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 29 minutes ago
Day 2 - By mousetail
First, I updated my art. My mom volunteered to draw some sprites for me, so that made it easier. Then I added more types on enemies.First the Bear, that takes 3 hits to kill and is a lot bigger and...
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 49 minutes ago
The Week of Awesome.... - By JTippetts
... unfortunately happens to coincide with "The Week of Five Consecutive 12 Hour Night Shifts", so I'm afraid that my game idea of "Santa Claus is murdered by the hell-born toys from his sack, and...
Developer Journal - 7 hours, 23 minutes ago
Week of Awesome II #2 - By AzureBlaze
Did some arts today, but lack enough time for more toys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9SfCxeByaE There seems to be a lot of teddy bears entering this contest. After all, who don't like teddy...
Developer Journal - 14 hours, 16 minutes ago
End of day 1 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
I didn't get too much done, but I did get scrolling, zooming, and picking of isometric tiles.Also display the controls and gameplay tips.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByMl-FPCIAEnnJp.png I made the...
Developer Journal - 15 hours, 40 minutes ago
Teddystein! - By shadowisadog
The entry that I plan to make for the week of awesome II is a game called "Teddystein". You will be a teddy bear brought to life by a robot and you fight toy aliens.
Developer Journal - 15 hours, 49 minutes ago
Chapter 1 - Addendum! - By Orymus3
Chapter 1 - Addendum! As the light died out, I was afraid I would have nothing to show for. So many ideas, and yet... But in the end, I triumphed with a... rather limited exposé of my talent! BEHO...
Developer Journal - 16 hours, 31 minutes ago
Playing with colors! - By ApochPiQ
Been playing around with a dark theme for Era: Syntax highlighting still needs some love, but it's getting there.Note that the IDE now highlights structure type names and function names. This is cu...
Developer Journal - 20 hours, 29 minutes ago
New land animal AI implemented - By Norman Barrows
New land animal AI implementedThe new land animal AI has been implemented and plugged into the game.The new land animal AI actually consists of 8 different types of AI:1. AI for NPC allies of the p...
Developer Journal - 21 hours, 52 minutes ago
WOA2: Day 1 (Theme) - By riuthamus
What is currently in place: Day one has proven to be rather productive. We have added all the relevant tasking to the tasking website we use to manage our project. If you guys have not heard of ac...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 42 minutes ago
GearTeam's quest:Week of Awesome II - By GearTreeEntertainment
When I first read the theme the first thing that popped into my mind was Toy Story. It feels as if ANY idea I have it might be ripping off this well know movie. I thought of legos, barbies, and dol...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Beta Testers Needed! - By gdunbar
Temple of the Abyssal Winds is ready to go for iPad, and I just need a few intrepid beta-testers to go through and find the last few bugs. Help out, and enjoy a classic-style RPG at the same time!h...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Chapter 1 - Theme... theme... theme... - By Orymus3
Chapter 1 - Theme... theme... theme... The toys are alive! So early in the competition, it's all about inception: securing the RIGHT idea from a sea of incomplete thoughts.The possibilities ar...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 5 hours ago
Apparently murdering babies is off the table - WoA2 contest - By Servant of the Lord
So the week of awesome contest has just began, with the theme being "The toys are alive!".My artist friend and myself came up with an idea last night, so I'm about ready to get started coding it....
Developer Journal - 1 day, 5 hours ago
The Week of Awesome II - So it Begins - By Eck
I stayed up late last night to get the theme in my brain. This morning, my wife and I brainstormed some ideas on our game table. She's getting started on the artwork, while I'm setting up the proje...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 6 hours ago
Week of Awesome II #1 - By AzureBlaze
Experimented some concepts and I think I've got a grasp of what I will be doing.The level will be covered by colored foam mats. Standing on it will bring toys of corresponding color alive.https...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 7 hours ago
Week of Awesome 2 - The Toys are Alive - #1 - By Sean T. McBeth
So Week of Awesome 2 starts on the day I have a half-day of job interviews and a demo of a product I'm working on. From 10:30am to about midnight tonight, I'm either driving somewhere or trying to...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 9 hours ago
Day 1 - By mousetail
started by typing in my basic pygame skeleton. Then I decided I would use a actual sprites instead of the normal objects I usually use.Then I tried drawing some toys but they turned out ugly, but I...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 15 hours ago
Doodles - By shadowisadog
So the theme is "The toys are alive". I decided to start doodling before bed and here is what I have come up with so far for my "brainstorming":
Developer Journal - 2 days, 1 hour ago
Tool overview - By shadowisadog
The week of awesome II starts tomorrow, so today I will talk about the tools that I plan to use for my competition entry.Game Engine The main tool that I will be using is Game Maker Studio . Game...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 11 hours ago
Grappling away... - By Aardvajk
Still grappling away in my spare time. Been focusing on making the rope behave correctly with moving objects, which has proven to be a bit more complicated than I expected, but seems to be working...

PARTNERS