Graphics Programming and Theory

Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 24 minutes ago
Screenshot Saturday 167 - By et1337
First, I forgot to post here about the Kickstarter failure, so here's the update I wrote in the final hours of the campaign:I'm happy to announce that regardless of the Kickstarter outcome, product...
Developer Journal - 19 hours, 46 minutes ago
My Study on Fuzzy Logic - By Tutorial Doctor
So, someone recently (perhaps accidentally) introduced me to the term "fuzzy logic," and this is what I have been looking for! I am having a sort of hard time wrapping my head around how it works e...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 3 hours ago
RuinValor on Greenlight - By riuthamus
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248222520 RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (an...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 11 hours ago
Lines with rounded corners - By slayemin
My girlfriend asked me today if I'm behind schedule on my game. I didn't really want to answer her, but she pointed out that I was planning on hiring an artist to work with me in December. It's lon...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 6 hours ago
Test level image - By Lactose!
Right, let's try a slightly more interesting journal entry than the last one, shall we?One with something more than just boring text?http://i.imgur.com/xy4B9RI.jpg This piece of level test art is m...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 hours ago
FINAL WEEK! - By et1337
We are now in the midst of the final week of Kickstarter funding! With the campaign nearing the end, I thought I would give you another development update.First, I spent a few days completely rewr...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 23 hours ago
Game Update #8 - By riuthamus
http://www.ruinvalor.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gorgane_post_001.jpg It has been a while since this blog has been updated and we are very sorry about that. Some of you might have hear...
Status Update - 1 week, 1 day ago
et1337
RT @McFunkypants: #FF everyone I know should make sure they follow @moonscript - he contributes so much to indie gamedevs.
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Gorgane, one last time - By riuthamus
Pretty sure this is my last correction to the gorgane! I think it turned out well so far, what do you think?http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_371/gallery_1_371_3526243.gif
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Thoughts on Direct3D 12 - By Jason Z
Introduction At the BUILD 2014 conference, Max McMullen provided an overview of some of the changes coming in Direct3D 12. In case you missed it, take a look at it here . In general, I really enj...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Looking forward - By Burnt_Fyr
Well, I have made back most of what i have lost, although I'm not 100% sure I like what I have, it is working for the most part. I started working on a deferred rendering demo, but since I had neve...
Auxnet: Battlegrounds Progress - By Squared'D
I've been making a lot of progress these days. I've just finished most of a major renovation (hopefully the last until release) of the graphics engine. Before I had limited each model to one set o...
Another Unity Prototype: MazeWar - By ferrous
So this is a remake of an old Atari game: http://joshv.itburns.net/MazeWar.html The basic ruleset is you can have only shot out at a time, hitting a wall causes it to explode shortly thereafter,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Part 3 - getting a handle on directx - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 3 - Getting a handle on directxGetting up to speed:So i was going to be using directx and visual studio c++. All fine and good,but i hadn't written a line of code in...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hieroglyph3 and WPF - By Jason Z
As I mentioned in my last entry , I am in the process of evaluating a number of different UI frameworks for use with Direct3D 11 integrated into them. This is mostly for editor style applications,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Cheat your way through life - By et1337
From the Kickstarter: Just an update on development progress for Lemma! Thank you so much everyone for your support. I’m still getting tons of useful feedback from people playing the demo. Levels...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Font editor - By Tape_Worm
http://tape-worm.net/wblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sitelogo.png It’s been a very long time since I’ve made an update here. I’ve been working steadily on the font editor module for the Gorgon e...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Player model and animations - By et1337
An update from the Kickstarter: One concern that pops up a lot on Greenlight is the low quality of the player model and animations in Lemma. The reason it’s so bad is that I did all of it myself,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Why YOU should embed a web server in your game engine - By ApochPiQ
I'm going to give you a sales pitch. It might sound outlandish at first, but bear with me - I think, by the end, you'll agree that this is a Good Thing™. You should embed a tiny web server in your...
< Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
The Building of Caveman - part 2. What to build, and tool selection - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - part 2.What to build, and how?What to build? thats the first of a million questions to be answered when building a game.Well, the answer turns out to be pretty simple:you...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
The Building of Caveman - Part 1 - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman, Part 1in this series of posts i will explain the process of making the game Caveman v3.0. What was done and why.this is done in hopes that it may help others in their quest...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 20 hours ago
Developing the AI Middleware's Interface - By Squared'D
Developing the AI Middleware's InterfaceAs I explained in my last post, I've developed a text-based sample game that I'll use to build the initial version of the AI system. Then I'll get it to work...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Movement in-depth - By et1337
Update from the Kickstarter : I know it's only been 24 hours since the last update, but Lemma is now over 61% of the way to the top 100 games on Greenlight with well over 4,500 yes votes. Thank...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
AI System Progress and Auxnet development - By Squared'D
AI - Progress Things have been going well on the AI front. I'm still hoping to have a strong enough foundation in a few weeks to be able to put my source code up on GitHub. It'll still be very...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
What's been up - By polyfrag
Programming is a real pain. I think it's because I have to keep so much in my head (let's call it RAM). Try figuring out what you should change in 40,000 lines of code.I'm keeping a dev log at http...

PARTNERS