• Create Account

Graphics Programming and Theory

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 8 hours ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
Slimming down the Epoch runtime and improving program start times - By ApochPiQ
Right now a big limitation of the Epoch program execution model is the fact that .EXEs generated by the compiler are not in fact native binaries. They are compact bytecode wrapped in a thin shim th...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 14 hours ago
Gameplay Video + Historical Database + New Screenshots - By BlackLodgeGames
Almost 5 minutes of pre-alpha game play video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUDTJIa7H6o Here are some screenshots from the latest build of Daath Galaxy. Notice the switch to FPS as the main...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 16 hours ago
Online map editor - review/planning - By tnovelli
I'm getting ready to combine and improve some HTML5 Canvas stuff I prototyped two years ago - Ocean Melee / Great Guns and the 2D character animation modeler for the future "Cult RPG" (crude demo...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 6 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 194 - By et1337
Just a quick update this week to confirm that I am in fact alive. The iOS contract game is just about done. I'm pretty happy with it. http://giant.gfycat.com/LeadingClassicHoiho.gif Now it's back...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 18 hours ago
Global Illumination Progress Update - By Migi0027
The Global Illumination by Light Propagation Volumes is progressing in a nice way. Even though this is an artifact in a weird way, it still produces a nice result. The surface is too thin for the g...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 2 hours ago
Gui I: Learning about Signals/Slots - By Juliean
In order to make it easier for the reader, I decided to split the different modules up into multiple posts. This should also make it easier for me to write them when I got a few minutes to spare, t...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 2 hours ago
'Box Shooting' Prototype Release - By newtechnology
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10708510_991481010878253_5948331907494154611_o.jpg I am releasing a prototype version of my upcoming android game named 'Box...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 15 hours ago
Data Design for Scene Graphs - By Jason Z
CppCon 2014 In case you haven't heard about, all of the sessions from CppCon 2014 are being released on the CppCon YouTube Channel . This is a fantastic way for you to catch up on the latest and g...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 8 hours ago
Epoch Mailing List - By ApochPiQ
I've spun up a mailing list for the Epoch project, mostly because I'm tired of having conversations about it span half a dozen websites and PMs and blah blah.Here's the link: clicky . Or you can em...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 17 hours ago
Three toads and the spit of a badger - By ApochPiQ
So Epoch has a couple of warts that I'm looking at smoothing out. One of them has to do with overloads that do type decomposition of algebraic sum types://// How things look today//type Optional...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 20 hours ago
CELL - First try at a scripting language - By Migi0027
So, before anyone jumps on the "dont make your own language" wagon, I'm only trying this because I thought it would be an interesting challange and it'd be a great oppertunity to understand how oth...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 15 minutes ago
More of the bool-tool - By eppo
Been trying to build larger scenes using the CSG method.As base building blocks I use a series of SubD shapes as they avoid making everything look too angular. The older mesher used to make a mess...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
First Post - By arnero
I have the urge to dump some parts from my memory to the internet. In times of facebook I think it is funny that post go to forums easily and the blog is hard to find. How often did I read forum po...
The judge's post-mortem - By slicer4ever
So with the Week of Awesome II coming to a close, some folks have asked me to also write up a post mortem on the entire event. I'm not the best at writing up these sort of things, but i'll see what...
Spaceships? - By Flicklizic
- Pathfind - Done!- Field of view - Done!- Outlines - Done!- Custom and nice art - This is gonna take a looong time...Changed the battleground to this:http://i58.tinypic.com/15qta9f.png Maybe use a...
Darkholm: An Exhumation - By Thaumaturge
(Why an "exhumation"? Well, a post-mortem has already been done: this is me digging up the corpse to re-examine it in light of new evidence.)So, what went so wrong? Having read the reports given by...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Week Of Awesome II - My Scores - By slicer4ever
here you will find all my reviews/scores for the week of awesome II contestants: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/661418-the-week-of-awesome-ii-the-judge-thread/ ---Team: Orymus3:Game Link: http://orym...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
I Am Dolphin - Kinect Prototype - By Promit
I'd hoped to write up a nice post for this, but unfortunately I haven't had much time lately. Releasing a game, it turns out, is not at all relaxing. Work doesn't end when you hit that submit butto...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Watching syntax evolve - By ApochPiQ
I'm still thinking a lot about the question of task syntax in Epoch. The more I contemplate the matter, the less I like the idea of having tasks be overloaded as the "only" way to do namespacing. I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Our New Game: I Am Dolphin - By Promit
After an incredibly long time of quiet development, our new game, I Am Dolphin, will be available this Thursday, October 9th, on the Apple/iOS App Store. This post will be discussing the background...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Epoch Release 15 is now available - By ApochPiQ
Release notes .I didn't get a ton of votes, but all the votes I got were for doing a release sooner rather than later. So here you go, with all the warts and incomplete stuff.This is mostly a miles...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Battleships - By Flicklizic
I started a game project 1 month ago based on a mod of Warcraft 3 called Battleships... It's like a DotA but on the sea, there are some differences and I think that those diferences make this type...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 11 hours ago
Plodding ever onward - By ApochPiQ
I've begun the mammoth task of refitting the Epoch compiler to believe in namespaces.Up until now, all names have been global, and all named entities have existed as peers in the global space. (The...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
What's been up? - By studentTeacher
Hey Everybody!Well school's started and I'm back up and busy. Things in the game have been delayed quite a bit. Unfortunately the UAV project I'm leading this year has lost a few key members, so I'...

PARTNERS