• Create Account

Multiplayer and Network Programming

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
ComponentManager v ComponentMapper: Dawn of Components - By TheChubu
Do you know in which results page dustArtemis appears if you search for “artemis framework” in Google? Absolutely in none of them! So we're going to celebrate by talking about the ComponentManager...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 2 hours ago
Progress Report - July 21st 2014 - By Norman Barrows
Progress Report - July 21st 2014Beta 9 has been posted to the website, with a new download page:http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php I could really use some feedback on the game, so please, check i...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 10 hours ago
JBEngine: Level Editor Initial Development - By JordanBonser
Okay It's been a while since my last post and I have been slowly working my way through creating some of the initial GUI Elements for my Level Editor, and eventually the game. I have just added a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 17 hours ago
Agent-based economic modelling - By polyfrag
I don't know whether I'm more interested in economic modelling or making games. I tried to start on an article of my economic model.-------In recent years, agent-based economic modeling has been ge...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 23 hours ago
GS:SW "Mercenaries" -- Log 2 - "Let there be Game!" - By Orymus3
"Let there be Game!" I was hoping to get this done much earlier, but a lot got in the way...Coming in, I knew this was going to be a tough/long stretch. I wanted to work more on the combat aspect...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
2D conundrum - By polyfrag
I've been working on the project with my open source buddy and I've started on the economics side of things.https://github.com/polyf/corpstatesc But my partner's graphics card is fried and he's run...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Eclipse Indigo Bug Workaround - ( Export > Launch Configuration ) Invalid Configs - By Shippou
There is a bug in Eclipse Indigo that has been driving me up a wall the last few days.Whenever you delete a Java project, it's launch configuration ( File > Export > (type) > Launch Con...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Getting Lost Keeping the Lights on - By Navyman
There comes a time, for some more than once, when a single developer or small team looks at their financing and the decision to continue working or increase the available funds must be answered. Th...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Simplified Example Of How To Use JPanel & JFrame With Lots Of Different Stuff - By Shippou
Below you will find a fully functional code example that shows how to do many common tasks with JPanel & JFrame. I stripped out as much useless "fluff" as I could, leaving the code as bare as...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex - By Tutorial Doctor
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex:It never makes me feel good when I see my faults in the mirror.Now, this is a time of reflection, but all of a sudden I am thinking of how t...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Much faster now - By polyfrag
I've not given up on 3D. The game now runs at 300-500 FPS here thanks to:- getting rid of several hundred units- getting rid of shadows and bump mapping- using VBO- frustum culling everything- simp...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 12 hours ago
JBEngine: More Housekeeping and GUI Improvements - By JordanBonser
So I have done more housekeeping, it can be sightly tedious but the feeling at the end is amazing. Just knowing that your code is abstract and reusable, along with smaller compile times is ace. I h...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Pixel-perfect orthography - By polyfrag
Some open source linux enthusiast person has been helping me with my project.https://github.com/polyf/corpstatesc/commits/master Thanks to his final nudge, the RTS runs on linux now.https://dl.drop...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
New Studio: First month in review - By slayemin
This week is a bit unusual. I'm taking a planned vacation on Friday and will be gone for two weeks. All I see is costly expenses and that's causing me to grit my teeth a bit, but I'm trying not to...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
VISUAL STUDIO IS A SELFISH WANKER - By ApochPiQ
Why in the ever living FUCK does Visual Studio 2012 insist on bringing itself to the foreground every time the debugger starts?This is fucking horseshit. I have multiple projects that I have to wo...
JBEngine: Housekeeping - By JordanBonser
Recently I have been looking at the overall design of my game/engine and decided it needed a bit more housekeeping to ensure that there is a good level of abstraction so I can replace or rip parts...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 32 minutes ago
New Studio: Week 3 - Prototyping - By slayemin
​Tuesday: It's Tuesday night, I'm sipping a beer and barely feeling it. Let's do this!My artist (Dan) and I started building the initial prototype for our game this week. The first thing we did is...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Log 1 - By Orymus3
Hi,I took a few days off this week. I had promised myself to do some devving on the side this summer, and exposed my thoughts in my previous entry. I took about 4-5 hours in the last 4 days to look...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
New Studio: Week 2 review - By slayemin
These are my reflections on the second week of my new indie studio. I wrote them at the end of each day of the week while things were fresh on my mind. It's a bit unedited and long, so bear with me...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Cheating At ' Don't Starve ' By Modifying The Game Code - By Shippou
Don't Starve is an interesting survival & adventure game that places a player into a brutal survival environment, were one seemingly innocent mistake can cause instant death.After playing this...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
65,535 characters on one texture - By polyfrag
Among other things I did, I packed the first 65,535 unicode characters on a single 4096x4096 bitmap font texture. It took 3 hours.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109630018/temp/corpstatesc/aaa/...

PARTNERS