Introducing our GameDev Marketplace

Posted by
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
WoA IV - Looking towards WoA V. - By slicer4ever
Good day to everyone, with the WoA IV wrapping up i'd like to create another yearly post-mortem from my perspective on things, and what i have learned this year for next year. First of all i'd...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 16 hours ago
WoA IV - My Results - By slicer4ever
This is my scoresheet and feedback on each game, please note the feedback is under the scores, not above them! ----Team: 7 day masochistsGame: namelessDownload: https://drive.google.com/folder...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
If I were to make Golem now... - By JTippetts
If I were to go back and remake Golem today, what would I do? Where would I start? As I have mentioned in previous entries, I would almost certainly use an engine now instead of rolling my own. (Al...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
WoA IV - Post mortom - By slicer4ever
Ah, it's done, 1 hour to spare i might add! The level editor proved to come through, and i was able to build 4 levels, the 4th being my most massive. It was a pretty intense week, going from "this...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 7 - By Servant of the Lord
Here's my final release: [Sepulchre - Grey Army ]  http://puu.sh/qBKQR/510daaf177.png  (coded from scratch using C++ and SFML)  Well, this was an exhausting end-march to the fi...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 6 - By Servant of the Lord
I wasn't able to do any work on my entry until about 9pm last night, so I went straight through the night. Combat is now almost entirely implemented. \o/ The quality of my code is also shot to...
WOA IV - Day 6 - By slicer4ever
Today has been productive as all hell. having the level editor done has freed up so much time in designing things, i was a bit worried about how the shadow system would play out, but now with a rea...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 5 - By Servant of the Lord
Time is getting very tight. Combat still isn't implemented. Very little progress made. Must type in short sentences to conserve remaining time. I've visually beautified the world significantly...
WoA - Day 5 - By slicer4ever
Damn it's been a long day, the map editor took way to long, but alas it is done, and i quite like her i might say. she could find use in the future. wiring up so many ui elements, was a damn chore,...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
WoA IV - Day 4 - By slicer4ever
Well today i spent most all day working on my level editor. i've made decent progress with the...UI. lol, i spent way to much time making the ui fairly useful, in fact i wasted 3 hours writing in b...
Day 3 - Light system done - By slicer4ever
Today was the last day of the week i had to work, and unfortuantly i didn't get much sleep the night before so for the most part i was half tired the entire day. Eventually i just called it a nigh...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 3 - By Servant of the Lord
Well. I've made alot of progress, but the combat still isn't implemented. I've done a little UI work, but ran into a minor problem that I'm too sleepy to resolve, so I'll deal with it tomorrow...
Woa 2016 - End Of Day 2 - By Servant of the Lord
Well, this wraps up the end of day 2 for me (more like the beginning of Day 3, since it's 5AM. :wink:) I felt like I've made some very significant progress, though I'm still nervous because I...
Woa Iv - Day 2 - By slicer4ever
In year's past the with work, and staying on top of all entry's and organizing things has kept me from being able to attempt throwing something together. but this year i have half the week off afte...
Woa 2016 - End Of Day 1 - By Servant of the Lord
Hi guys. I'm off to a slow start, but here's my first daily wrap-up post.(Warning: the 'Daily' wrap up post may not actually occur every day. Take only as prescribed by your doctor ) Team: G...
Golem - By JTippetts
In the previous post, I commented how I didn't see any use in re-factoring and re-building Golem, the way evolutional is re-factoring Manta-X. I'd like to elaborate on that a little bit. It's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
On The Topic Of Retrospectives... - By JTippetts
Evolutional's recent post about digging through some old code inspired me to take a look at some of my own. I had recently found a copy of the working development folder of my old game, Golem, on...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Haste, slow, and refactoring - By JTippetts
As part of the AI and control refactor, I refactored the basic components that provide the turn-basedness for the unit controllers. Previously, the turn system was controlled by 2 components:...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 5 days ago
Highlighting - By JTippetts
In between work, sleep, family, home and yard projects, and being sick (all the usual bull-shit cop-out excuses you have all come to expect from me over the years) I have been getting in some work...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Installing - By JTippetts
Finally got a day off, with the leisure time to install Linux. Been booting off the USB for days now. During the 'trial' period, I tried out a number of different distros, just to refresh my head o...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Mint - By JTippetts
To whom it may concern, I am writing this missive while booted into Linux Mint from an ancient USB stick. How I came to this sad, low, lonely state is a tale of hubris and pride. You see, I am...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 weeks ago
"Quad"-planar projection - By JTippetts
HA! It never fails. As soon as I resolve to work on much-needed logic and AI refactoring, I let myself get distracted with a visual thing again. But this fix was relatively easy, and is something I...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Creature AI - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/ulaF0Wy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CMGEDS9.jpg I'm in a creature AI phase right now. It's actually a bunch of code that I haven't really touched in awhile, and as with all such code...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 3 days ago
Bringing back the mountains - By JTippetts
I spent some time recently working out some bugs with the tri-planar shader. I believe the bugs are fixed now (and it required some fixes in the Urho3D library to do it), but I don't really underst...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 1 week ago
Translucency maps - By eppo
Hello, A while ago I fiddled a bit with an offline translucency technique as discussed here: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/653094-baking-a-local-thickness-map/ . Never officially made it part o...

PARTNERS