• Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

Production and Management

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
PAX Day 1 - By slayemin
Alright, in hindsight, it probably wasn't such a good idea to let a 6 year old girl play an incredibly immersive virtual reality zombie game. The moment she saw her first zombie, she screamed, took...
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 35 minutes ago
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Developer Journal - 13 hours, 31 minutes ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 2 hours ago
Urho3D and Pyrotechnics - By JTippetts
Urho3D's architecture is based on a component system. You may have heard the term. Essentially, Urho3D provides a hierarchy of Nodes, where each Node comprises a set of transforms (position, rotati...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 13 hours ago
Flame Shotgun - By JTippetts
In honor of Washu, I present to you the flame shotgun. http://i.imgur.com/E2iet5w.jpg And a shitty, low-res video of it in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UB3PGKkhe8&feature=youtu.be
Developer Journal - 3 days, 8 hours ago
PAX Invitation and our preparations - By slayemin
Are you going to PAX? Or are you going to be in the Seattle area during PAX? Then I invite you to come check out our office and our VR game! We're on 3rd and Union, we'll have signs posted and a gu...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 18 hours ago
Hi - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/z1i13WE.jpg Creepers gonna creep. http://i.imgur.com/qybfbwV.jpg The swordsmen, I can probably take, but the three shaman are probably going to mess me up. If they don't murder e...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 21 hours ago
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 12 hours ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Post-Mortem on "Death is Useful" - By Orymus3
About the game"Death is Useful by Orymus" is a game developed exclusively for "the Week of Awesome III" gamejam event (#gdnjam).The player is prompted to play as a nameless protagonist (sphere) and...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Day 6: UI, Tutorial and a Demo! - By DifferentName
I started today by making some much needed UI. Hearts to show your remaining life, and spirit life. The red heart is your current life, and the silver outline is your spirit health. Earlier I was t...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 hours ago
Day 5: Power Ups, progression, and defeat - By DifferentName
I added the power-ups I talked about yesterday. Enemies drop mana power-ups when they die, and you can only pick up those power-ups when you die and are in spirit mode. To progress to the next area...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 hours ago
Day 5 - The End - By Orymus3
Day 5 Goals [s]- Find a simple [s]solution to avoid Purple overcrowding [s]- Package the build and test it under various conditions to insure judges are able to play it! I ended up findin...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Day 4: Ranged attacks and more magic - By DifferentName
Today I adjusted the balance of skeletons and enemies, so a crowd of skeletons is useful, but a paladin or two can destroy a ton of them if you let him. I worked on necromancer magic, like making t...
Day 4 - Final? - By Orymus3
My plan for Day 4 was this:[s]- Rework the Result Screen visual. - Add two mob variations - Find a simple solution to avoid Purple overcrowding - Package the build and test it under various...
Day 3 - Ugh Agh Gheeee! - By Orymus3
Roadmap DAY 3 (Wednesday) - [s]Art - [s]Sound - [s]Tweaks to the mobs - Setting the spawn order to a fixed order (to circumvent situations where I could have to deal with more than 1 purple at any...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Enemy Variety and Spirit Realm - By DifferentName
Today I added a variety of enemies. I gave the peasants pitchforks and torches. Knights are like the basic soldier, but a little tougher. Paladins are the toughest so far, and have a faster charge...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Enemy Attacks and movement - By DifferentName
Today I focused on the enemy soldier. It chases you and your skeletons if you get near, and attacks you if you're right next to him. Of course, simply chasing you makes it easy to kite the whole gr...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Day 1&2 - All hell breaks loose - By Orymus3
So it wasn't the Week of Awesome I was looking for.I had hinted originally that I might need to drop out due to work-related issues, and as it turned out, I had grossly underestimated this issue. T...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Shooting and raising skeletons - By DifferentName
So far, I've added movement, peasants, a spell to shoot peasants, a spell to turn dead peasants into skeletons, and added the ability of skeletons to kill peasants. Next, I think i'll had soldiers...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
"Death is Useful" - A game with a Necromancer Lich - By DifferentName
This is my first time entering "The Week of Awesome". For the "Death is Useful" theme, I'm making a game with a Necromancer Lich, and plan to address the theme in two ways. The first is obvious for...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 45 minutes ago
UI & Menus - By Hanksha
We have been working on the UI and menus recently, I made a short video to show it. https://youtu.be/cPu6ua1AdgU
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
You'd regret not reading this - By slayemin
I read the book "Lean Startup" a few months ago (ok, actually I just read the first six chapters). It was given to me by the game developers working upstairs. The take away from the book is that th...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 12 hours ago
Beta 21 w/ skinned meshes released! - By Norman Barrows
Beta 21 w/ skinned meshes released!guys look kinda dumb, girls aren't that pretty, the guy walk ani is kinda awkward (leg bones rotated outwards too far), no action animations or drawing of equipme...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Smart enemies and AI - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,I have had some spare time to spend on getting the AI working in my game for enemies. Moving on from simple Chickens, which don't do anything much except walk around waiting to be kille...

PARTNERS