• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Production and Management

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 11 hours ago
Month 5: Radical refocusing in game design scope - By slayemin
Alright, I have some bad news.In light of last weeks realization about what a "prototype" should look like and what my existing "prototype" was (a pretty tech demo with game elements), I decided to...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 1 hour ago
Bret Victor on the Future of Programming - By Tutorial Doctor
Bret Victor seems to think that the future of programming will be more node-based too. This guy is awesome by the way.http://vimeo.com/71278954
Developer Journal - 2 days, 4 hours ago
Computer Programming: Disorganized Complexity - By Tutorial Doctor
The one thing that has plagued me is the disorganized complexity of the whole computer programming situation. Gist, Gits, Stack Overflow, Gamedev.net, IRC freenode, branches, forks, etc. There are...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Stress and production - By slayemin
I'm feeling the stress of financial pressure right now. My face is a bit scrunched in deep concern right now. Where is this coming from?I'm looking at my total savings and have calculated a monthly...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Fun Updates this week - By Misantes
Hey all,For the first time in several weeks, I was able to get a decent amount done with the game. Most notably, the UI is now clickable and interactive, a tile flipping mechanic was added to the g...
< Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Solo+ Development - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog I had planned on writing about screen shake this week, but unfortunately the screen shake I came up with didn't look as good as I wanted. So (hopefully) I wi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Library Troubles and updates - By Misantes
Hey everyone,It's been a couple weeks since I last updated. Mostly it was filled with frustratingly retooling the game and testing out different libraries.I purchased a new laptop, mainly to force...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Engine Upgrade - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog This week marks the final(ish) turning point for TMH's Engine. If you have read previous additions you ay know the engine was originally written in C++ and u...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Screenshot of my game engines sloppy particle system - By slayemin
I know it's a complete waste of time since Unreal Engine 4 will do all of this for me, but I really wanted to implement my own particle engine. It only took me two days to implement since my render...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
Announcing Psychologist.js, a RAD HTML5 VR framework - By Sean T. McBeth
I've written a little bit about this project for a little while, and I've finally decided on a name.Psychologist.js is a framework for rapidly prototyping virtual reality applications using standa...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
HTML5 audio for games made easy - By Sean T. McBeth
Audio in the browser is deceptively tetchy. It's easy to get a basic sound to play with the <audio> tag .<audio id="myAudioThinger" controls="controls" preload="auto" autoplay="true"...
Why I turned down a great job offer. - By Sean T. McBeth
I recently received a very generous job offer from a rather prestigious company. I didn't even apply, they contacted me through LinkedIn. To say that I was honored to even receive a cold-contact fr...
Week 4 - By Misantes
Hey everyone,This week I didn't get a whole lot done. I agreed to work on a little side project with a friend, so spent much of the week learning javascript and the phaser engine syntax. However, I...
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
VR Lessons Learned So Far - By Sean T. McBeth
This is a loosely organized list of things I've noticed while using and developing virtual reality applications for the smartphone-in-headset form factor. It is specific to my experience and may no...
WebRTC device syncing - By Sean T. McBeth
https://www.seanmcbeth.com:8081/img/screenshot.png WebGL VR Big update today. When you use your PC in conjunction with your Smartphone, the two devices will communicate over your local network, ra...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Unity, here we come! - By Orymus3
Some of you may already be aware that I was part of the Week of Awesome II jam a few weeks back (and finished 4th! yay!).I've already explained my reasons to participate in this event, and one of t...
Week 3: - By Misantes
Hey all,I was still unpleasantly sick for most of the week (this is like the flu from hell). But, managed to still get quite a bit done, mostly in the bug-fixing-realm.I fixed many of the things th...
V2.00! (Easy Mode) - By Orymus3
Just thought I'd give everybody a rest and fix the controls.You can now play the 'Easy ' mode!Notable changes:- Increased the mass of the car- Reduced angular drag of the car- Drastically increased...
I Am Dolphin - Kinect Prototype - By Promit
I'd hoped to write up a nice post for this, but unfortunately I haven't had much time lately. Releasing a game, it turns out, is not at all relaxing. Work doesn't end when you hit that submit butto...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Our New Game: I Am Dolphin - By Promit
After an incredibly long time of quiet development, our new game, I Am Dolphin, will be available this Thursday, October 9th, on the Apple/iOS App Store. This post will be discussing the background...

PARTNERS