• Create Account

Production and Management

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 23 hours ago
Gdl - Gamejam - Robodash - By riuthamus
Been an interesting weekend. Spent three days making a game for another gameJam. It was rather challenging since I had to create models for stuff that I had yet attempted. Our entire mesh was disjo...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 16 hours ago
Back To The Platformer - By Aardvajk
Struggling to get going this morning, so thought I would update my journal for a change. Did a bit more work on the spaceship game I posted about last, until I decided once again to dust off the pl...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 2 hours ago
Radioactive Goop, Flashing Lights, And Lots More! - By braindigitalis
Hi all, It's been quite some time since i last posted a journal entry. This hasn't been for lack of development of the game, more lack of free time where i'm not being a Dad, working my day jo...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Haste, slow, and refactoring - By JTippetts
As part of the AI and control refactor, I refactored the basic components that provide the turn-basedness for the unit controllers. Previously, the turn system was controlled by 2 components:...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Orbit - my new game project - By Aardvajk
Hello all. I'm still alive and still working on hobby projects, just haven't posted here for a long, long time. I've just commenced work on a brand new hobby project. This is going to be a spa...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 hours ago
June: Spellbound, Steam & HTC - By slayemin
Lots of exciting news for this month! HTC Meeting: Last week I walked down to the HTC office for North America and tried to get a meeting with their VR people so that I could give them a demo...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Spellbound Game Play Video - By slayemin
I created a 10 minute game play video of Spellbound this afternoon and thought I'd share with everyone. This is played in a room scale environment on the HTC Vive and features a locomotion system I...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Status report 6-15-2016 - By Norman Barrows
status report 6-15-2016 the game is really coming along. its now complete, stable, and appealing enough that i've started playing it just for fun, instead of playing store bought games i own....
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Major Update - By VirginRed
After weeks of hard work, we present to you the new and shinier version of Epistory. You spoke and we listened. We understand it would have been better for most of you to receive the update in chun...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés - By Norman Barrows
The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés from  http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html  There are few people who love a good console RPG more than I. Games like Final Fant...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Spellbound: May Update - By slayemin
I think for this month, I'm going to do something different and spend less time chatting about backend details and more time showing off some of my work in progress screen shots. Enjoy! Sunset...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 5 days ago
Highlighting - By JTippetts
In between work, sleep, family, home and yard projects, and being sick (all the usual bull-shit cop-out excuses you have all come to expect from me over the years) I have been getting in some work...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Fonts of Wisdom: Choosing Typefaces for Epistory - By VirginRed
Choosing a font is never easy and for Epistory, it nearly drove me mad. We didn’t have to find only one font, but three . Three fonts that needed to match together, follow constraints and have th...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Installing - By JTippetts
Finally got a day off, with the leisure time to install Linux. Been booting off the USB for days now. During the 'trial' period, I tried out a number of different distros, just to refresh my head o...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
April Update - By slayemin
I'm feeling depressed. This is what happens when you run out of money and your project still demands more from you. This is a hard entry to write because there is so much struggle right now. L...
Mint - By JTippetts
To whom it may concern, I am writing this missive while booted into Linux Mint from an ancient USB stick. How I came to this sad, low, lonely state is a tale of hubris and pride. You see, I am...
A fellow game developer died - By slayemin
I'm close friends with the fellow game dev team upstairs on the 14th floor. Every time either of our teams has something to celebrate, we invite each other. We share in each others happinesses and...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 weeks ago
"Quad"-planar projection - By JTippetts
HA! It never fails. As soon as I resolve to work on much-needed logic and AI refactoring, I let myself get distracted with a visual thing again. But this fix was relatively easy, and is something I...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Creature AI - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/ulaF0Wy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CMGEDS9.jpg I'm in a creature AI phase right now. It's actually a bunch of code that I haven't really touched in awhile, and as with all such code...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 days ago
Pastry Fortress - J007 - MP and Dropships - By riuthamus
Been a few weeks since I have posted, mostly because work has been crazy. However, as with all my returns I come bringing gifts of visual joy! http://www.riuthamus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 days ago
Bringing back the mountains - By JTippetts
I spent some time recently working out some bugs with the tri-planar shader. I believe the bugs are fixed now (and it required some fixes in the Urho3D library to do it), but I don't really underst...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 5 days ago
SFNV Flare, Through Thickness - By LAURENT*
Hello reader, My name is Laurent Star Vinn and I have a special project I would like to share with you. See all the struggles and triumphs of my game's development and maybe learn something new al...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
The No-OOP back to basics experiment - By Mussi
I'm about to embark on a journey where I let go of the typical way I program and try something radically different as an experiment. I've been programming for a little over 15 years now and I have...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
March 2016: Funding ran out - By slayemin
Well, I've officially run out of money. (long pause for reflection) This seems to be a common struggle and problem with indie game developers, and I'm not any different... Do I blame myself? W...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Is there a hexagonal analog of Conway's Game of Life? - By jwezorek
The short answer is that in the hexagonal case the best analog of Conway's Game of Life -- in my opinion as someone who has been a CA hobbyist for 30 years or so -- is an original creation which I...

PARTNERS