Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 11 minutes ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /11 - 4/18 Say hello to new journal author Truerror !Project Updates et1337 makes games - et1337 made one last push this past week for Lemma...
Developer Journal - 9 hours, 25 minutes ago
My Study on Fuzzy Logic - By Tutorial Doctor
So, someone recently (perhaps accidentally) introduced me to the term "fuzzy logic," and this is what I have been looking for! I am having a sort of hard time wrapping my head around how it works e...
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 26 minutes ago
April Update--- Major Updates - By RalemProductions
Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to come back to you!Major changes on the horizon.AudioDriver's songs are passing the Demo phase and we're getting some pretty rock solid sound tracks.Shaun's prog...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 49 minutes ago
Lines with rounded corners - By slayemin
My girlfriend asked me today if I'm behind schedule on my game. I didn't really want to answer her, but she pointed out that I was planning on hiring an artist to work with me in December. It's lon...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 7 hours ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /4 - 4/11. Project Updates RADICAL HEROES: CRIMSON CITY CRISIS - MAD UNICORN GAMES is prepping for the release of Crimson City Heroes on De...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 8 hours ago
Personal plug: if you like space and/or you like Kerbal Space Program, be sure to follow @KSA_MissionCtrl , it's starting to take off quite nicelyOk, here are your Journal Land entries from the per...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 14 hours ago
New Name, Updated Game, Need some help! - By RalemProductions
Hey all... busy week!We've added force shields, cover fire, and finally have the "core" mechanics down.We are also looking to hire a props artist and a 2D artist to work on our HUD map, our overwor...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 19 hours ago
High Speed Gaming Network - By starbasecitadel
For various reasons (mostly relating to being unhappy with the main UI -- the basic feel of piloting starships and firing weapons was not satisfying) I stopped working on Starbase Citadel months ag...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Part 3 - getting a handle on directx - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 3 - Getting a handle on directxGetting up to speed:So i was going to be using directx and visual studio c++. All fine and good,but i hadn't written a line of code in...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 3 /24 - 3/30. Don't forget I skipped a week and two weekends while I was away for GDC so be sure to skim back through journals as well.Stop by...
< Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
The Building of Caveman - part 2. What to build, and tool selection - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - part 2.What to build, and how?What to build? thats the first of a million questions to be answered when building a game.Well, the answer turns out to be pretty simple:you...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
The Building of Caveman - Part 1 - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman, Part 1in this series of posts i will explain the process of making the game Caveman v3.0. What was done and why.this is done in hopes that it may help others in their quest...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 16 hours ago
New Abilites and Minor Tweaks - By RalemProductions
Hey all The past week has really been productive on all ends. The video was a success, we're happy with the reception we've got thus far.A lot of little details have gone into the game this week on...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
What's been up - By polyfrag
Programming is a real pain. I think it's because I have to keep so much in my head (let's call it RAM). Try figuring out what you should change in 40,000 lines of code.I'm keeping a dev log at http...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Brainstorming Sessions ... what does a post apocalyptic engineer do? - By RalemProductions
Seriously.We're implementing different classes now, and to maintain the integrity of the game's setting, having medics and engineers that can simply "heal" up a character takes away from the roguel...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
To Market or not to Market (yet) that is the Question - By RalemProductions
Should we market this game beyond a devblog and random Facebook and Twitter updates?Who knows. We've been told that Steam may be discontinuing their Greenlight Programme, but is this true, or just...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Undead Castle Intro Video - By afliii
Just a little quick update via Video. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/Xz0zvemhnQc Please check us out at BLMdev.com and IndieDB.com Follow us on Twitter.com/blmdev and Facebook.com/BrokenLimitsMedia
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
A day in the life... - By Norman Barrows
A day in the life...This will give you an idea of what its like to be an indie.Tasks to be done on the project go on the "todo list". once they're completed, they're moved to the "done list".here'...
March 24th 2014 - By RalemProductions
This is our first posting.We've come a long way since the start in February 2014.Our team now has a producer, a programmer, a full time artist, and a part time props guy. Still looking for a musici...
The basic game is DONE! - By Norman Barrows
that's right...after taking a break and evaluating skyrim, my motivation levels were back up. A final push, and as of 7pm eastern time, march 24th 2014, the basic game is done!and my original estim...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Quick Update: Still Alive - By afliii
Hello followers and interested readers! I just wanted to give a real quick update to let you all know that we're still alive and that we plan on releasing our very first playable Prototype Demo wit...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Dev Journal: Detecting Tapping and Pressing inputs using Java. - By tom_mai78101
I'll be showing you a simple way of detecting different input keystrokes using Java. There are two different keystrokes for a computer keyboard, tapping and pressing. Tapping a key means the user i...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 4 hours ago
TD, checking out! - By Tutorial Doctor
I have some life stuff to workout, so I will be checking out for a while. Thanks everyone who responded to my questions here. I have been recommending this site to people I come across. I haven't b...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 4 hours ago
You can make GTA Style Characters in no time! - By Tutorial Doctor
I use the Maratis 3D engine, and I was fortunate enough to meet someone who did a very good tutorial on how to make game characters using Blender and Makehuman. In no time I had a decent character...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 5 hours ago
Dev Journal: 2D sprite animation using OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android - By tom_mai78101
Chapter 7 - Making heavy use of AndroidYou probably might see that the way I write this journal is a bit different than my other entries. The fact that I'm using Chrome for Android to write this, m...

PARTNERS