Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 19 hours, 7 minutes ago
Stuff - By JTippetts
My schedule lately is one that can be summed up by two simple words: crushing exhaustion. A change of career (unfortunate, but necessary) has initiated a period of long shifts and a somewhat higher...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 26 minutes ago
AntTweakBar wrapper for C# - By Bacterius
Hello,I've just uploaded my C# wrapper for the AntTweakBar GUI library at https://github.com/TomCrypto/AntTweakBar.NET . Some of you might remember me already posting about this on the forum, this...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 4 hours ago
Further CharacterController developments - By Aardvajk
Still driving myself mad with character controllers. Hopefully a bit of progress this morning though.Part of the issue is locking the character to the floor, so that we only need to apply gravity w...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 15 hours ago
My Study on Fuzzy Logic - By Tutorial Doctor
So, someone recently (perhaps accidentally) introduced me to the term "fuzzy logic," and this is what I have been looking for! I am having a sort of hard time wrapping my head around how it works e...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 23 hours ago
RuinValor on Greenlight - By riuthamus
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248222520 RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (an...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 17 hours ago
Software OpenGL Rasterizer + Quake 2 - By BGB
basically, lacking much better to do recently, I wrote a basic software rasterizer and put an OpenGL front-end on it, then proceeded to make Quake 2 work on it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DP6d...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 3 hours ago
Back to CharacterControllers - By Aardvajk
Dumped the 2D game. It was going okay technically but just wasn't fun to play so had to make the decision to scrap it.Back determined to write a 3D platform game again, so back to grappling with a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Game Update #8 - By riuthamus
http://www.ruinvalor.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gorgane_post_001.jpg It has been a while since this blog has been updated and we are very sorry about that. Some of you might have hear...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Gorgane, one last time - By riuthamus
Pretty sure this is my last correction to the gorgane! I think it turned out well so far, what do you think?http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_371/gallery_1_371_3526243.gif
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
SDL_vault is now functional. - By dejaime
Hello Again,Looks like it is all done now. I just did not create that automatic build (sorry about that). I really don't need this, I am just compiling the library along with my project; it is real...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 8 hours ago
Another Unity Prototype: MazeWar - By ferrous
So this is a remake of an old Atari game: http://joshv.itburns.net/MazeWar.html The basic ruleset is you can have only shot out at a time, hitting a wall causes it to explode shortly thereafter,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
3D modelling again - By Aardvajk
Just a quick image of the kind of model it is now getting possible (dare I say, easy and fun) to create with Charm now a lot of the irritations are being ironed out. Nothing like writing a piece of...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 12 hours ago
Why YOU should embed a web server in your game engine - By ApochPiQ
I'm going to give you a sales pitch. It might sound outlandish at first, but bear with me - I think, by the end, you'll agree that this is a Good Thing™. You should embed a tiny web server in your...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
BTIC1C Screen Capture: Performance and older HW... - By BGB
I had recently fiddled some with BTIC1C real-time recording, and have got some interesting results:main desktop PC, mostly holds a solid 29/30 fps for recording.* 1680x1050p30 on a 3.4 GHz Phenom I...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
SDL_vault, an asset loading helper - By dejaime
SDL_vault is a small library built on top of SDL2, SDL_image and SDL_mixer. Licensed under X11, use it as you wish and don't worry about it.It is basically composed of two vault classes , one for...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
New Game Prototyping - By Aardvajk
Decided to ditch the 3D platformer for the time being and go back to writing a 2D platformer. I find a 2D game demands less in terms of quality of content and isn't as immediately comparable to AAA...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Dev Journal: Detecting Tapping and Pressing inputs using Java. - By tom_mai78101
I'll be showing you a simple way of detecting different input keystrokes using Java. There are two different keystrokes for a computer keyboard, tapping and pressing. Tapping a key means the user i...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 9 hours ago
TD, checking out! - By Tutorial Doctor
I have some life stuff to workout, so I will be checking out for a while. Thanks everyone who responded to my questions here. I have been recommending this site to people I come across. I haven't b...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 9 hours ago
You can make GTA Style Characters in no time! - By Tutorial Doctor
I use the Maratis 3D engine, and I was fortunate enough to meet someone who did a very good tutorial on how to make game characters using Blender and Makehuman. In no time I had a decent character...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 11 hours ago
Dev Journal: 2D sprite animation using OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android - By tom_mai78101
Chapter 7 - Making heavy use of AndroidYou probably might see that the way I write this journal is a bit different than my other entries. The fact that I'm using Chrome for Android to write this, m...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Leadwerks Workshop on Steam Launches Beta - By Josh Klint
Previously, I described the goals and philosophy that were guiding my design of our implementation of the Leadwerks Workshop on Steam. To review, the goals were: 1. Frictionless sharing of item...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
I've Been Inspired! - By Tutorial Doctor
So, I was inspired to make a video game by a video game that teaches you about developing video games.GameDev Tycoon? Have you heard of it?I might end up buying the game solely for educational purp...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Project update - By Aurioch
HelloSo, classes started again, and my duties as a student returned. Luckily, my schedule is pretty neat (monday and friday full, wednesday normal, thursday labs here and there, and tuesday empty),...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Fallacies in information. - By Tutorial Doctor
true.false.The world is full of truth and fallacy. Our own logic systems work based on these two things.Joey is sick. He can't afford to go to a doctor, or perhaps he doesn't like doctors.Joey goes...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
RuinValor - Character Rework ( Hopefully Final ) - By riuthamus
So, its been a while since I posted. Mostly this is due to me being on the big blue ocean ( in the navy! ). Since my return home I have started work on our finilization of all art assets. Most of t...

PARTNERS