Introducing our GameDev Marketplace

Posted by
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 14 hours, 46 minutes ago
Edge Detection in my Platformer - By Aardvajk
I've gone and ripped out all of the player controller code from my project with a view to rewriting it from scratch. The previous version was a fairly abstract state machine with each state represe...
Developer Journal - 14 hours, 53 minutes ago
Automatic Edge Detection/Clipping in my Platformer - By Aardvajk
I've gone and ripped out all of the player controller code from my project with a view to rewriting it from scratch. The previous version was a fairly abstract state machine with each state represe...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 18 hours ago
Adventures in Robust Coding - By Awoken
:) :) :) So I am very please because, fingers crossed, after working on this one function for more than two months I think I've finally got it. The goal was the create a function that wou...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 14 hours ago
Back to the Platformer (again) - By Aardvajk
Well, it's official, I'm bored with the spaceship game already. Went too simple and found it dull to develop, let alone play, so am back with the 3D platform game.   It's the game I alway...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Video and a GiF - By ferrous
Last time someone asked for video/screenshots, so decided to try some image recording and uploading to youtube. Hadn't done the youtube thing before, but was fairly straightforward. Time to see i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Flight Modes experiments - By Aardvajk
I've been experimenting with using two different flight modes. It is quite fun zooming around in the normal flight mode, but almost impossible to actually do anything precisely such as landing on a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Still puttering away - By ferrous
So I still poke at my games, I just forget to post here =)  Lets see if I can sum up all the things added since last time: WaterMeteorsSwinging Wrecking BallsMagnets Overheat, top and bot...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Tweaking - By Aardvajk
Have just been making a few tweaks to the spaceship handling this morning. https://youtu.be/h788YJenhrI I've added some roll to the ship when turning. Nothing properly aerodynamic or anyt...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Beginnings - By ccuccherini
Hey guys! I decided to kickoff the start of a new semester with a Developer Journal to track my learning and progress in development and work on my own game. To start things off, I am Christi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Quick Spaceship Model - By Aardvajk
Happy to report I seem to be able to throw together very quick spaceship models with my 3D model editor far quicker than characters.   Just made this in about ten minutes last night, just...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Keep It Simple Stupid - By Aardvajk
The whole spirit of this project is "Keep it simple, stupid." I want to stick to a manageable scope that will actually allow me to get past the 80% engine writing and get some pleasure from the 20%...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
The Neverending Eeeeengine (la la la, la la la, la la la) - By xycsoscyx
I really want to start adding to this journal, mostly to help me track my own progress. I am still working on setting up solid goals, the core concept/theme of the game I want to develop, what fea...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Finished first mvp - By Finalspace
I finished the first mvp (minimum viable product) of leverman with all features i wanted ;-)The first level is fully playable from start to finish and contains the following features: - Tilemap bas...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Random Caves - By Aardvajk
Quick Saturday morning update. Only have an hour on Saturday before the meet up with non-technical friends to set the world to rights. Still very ugly, but I'm randomly generating cave structures n...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
New direction (this week) - By Aardvajk
Just taking a quick five minute break from work to update here (honest :)). I've decided I want to take a break from all of the complicated stuff I've been doing lately, including planet generation...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
WoA IV Judging Feedback - By Bacterius
WoA IV Scoresheet. ----Team: 7 day masochistsGame: namelessDownload: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByRMOIz9rEO0NFlIUkg1MDlwVkE&usp=sharing Members: IYP, newtTech: - Gameplay...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
WoA IV - Looking towards WoA V. - By slicer4ever
Good day to everyone, with the WoA IV wrapping up i'd like to create another yearly post-mortem from my perspective on things, and what i have learned this year for next year. First of all i'd...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Post-Mortem - By Orymus3
At last, time to reflect on WoA IV. 2 weeks have gone by since completion of the project, and I was on Holidays.For the most part, I didn't give much thought to WoA except on a few occasions w...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
WoA IV - My Results - By slicer4ever
This is my scoresheet and feedback on each game, please note the feedback is under the scores, not above them! ----Team: 7 day masochistsGame: namelessDownload: https://drive.google.com/folder...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
If I were to make Golem now... - By JTippetts
If I were to go back and remake Golem today, what would I do? Where would I start? As I have mentioned in previous entries, I would almost certainly use an engine now instead of rolling my own. (Al...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Planet Engine - Frustrum Culling and Horizon Culling - By Aardvajk
I decided to take a step back from the noise and terrain generation and move back towards the actual generation of the mesh at varying levels of detail. Something that needs work anyway and might h...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Epilogue - By Orymus3
I've taken the time to reflect on the competition now and decided to do a short pre-post-mortem (as I do intend on revisiting after seeing comments from the judges). Why did I join? Bluntly pu...
Selective quote - By fastcall22
Oops, four months just went by in a blink. I hear it gets worse when you get older. Scary. Anyway, here’s a CSS rule to keep the new selective quote modal at the bottom right corner of the scr...
No idea what I'm doing - By Aardvajk
This entry will probably get edited as I go along this morning. No idea what the hell I'm doing here. I modified my offline generator to output a range of colours instead of just heights. QRgb c...
Hexagons - By Avalander
I have recently started working on a new side project. My goal is to develop a simple turn based strategy game with a space-y theme. I'm set on using a hexagonal tile map, because everybody kn...

PARTNERS