Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 days, 2 hours ago
Caveman 3.0 Beta 12 released! - By Norman Barrows
Caveman 3.0 Beta 12 released!PLAY NOW!http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php Game info:http://rocklandsoftware.net/Caveman.php New for beta 12:---------------------------------------------* refactore...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Fun with templates. "Fun." Ha, ha. - By ApochPiQ
So I have an interesting situation where I wrote a math-intensive API to allow easy composition of various functions. The details are pretty easy so I'll just show an example of what the API usage...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Winding things up - By Aardvajk
Started experimenting with having the grapple rope wind around objects in the world, and got a bit carried away :)I think it is working okay, although hard to be sure. At the moment there is no wa...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 15 hours ago
Entities and tracking their components - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest feature of dustArtemis, fixed length bit sets for component tracking! dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-lice...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 22 hours ago
Swinging on a Spring - By Aardvajk
I've got the basics of a spring mass working as a rope now. It needs a fair bit of tweaking but it works okay, as evidenced by this poor quality video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxwk66hEFWw...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Project Restart - By Aardvajk
Having a day off work today and have decided to dump my 2.5D grappling hook game and restarted my 3D platformer.I'm doing all the physics myself in this one. I have the levels loading from the edi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
< Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
"Here's some code. It doesn't work. What's wrong?" - By Buckeye
Beginner programmers may be unaware that, with the proper approach, debugging problems on their own can save time, and result in valuable self-education. An approach to debugging I call "Follow The...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
The Harvest: Aftermath - By riuthamus
So, after the end of the contest: Byte, Goss, and myself decided to move on with the project we had started. Telanor eventually joined as well and has been working on some of the more important sys...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Stupid bit rot - By ApochPiQ
After a couple of days of preoccupation with other things, I sat down tonight to start hacking on Epoch. I was unprepared for the bizarre puzzle that unfolded immediately after.I had been mucking a...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
The Right to Bear Arms (now with meshes) - By Aardvajk
Bit of progress since the last entry. Now, instead of generating a model for the player on the fly, I'm using a very quickly thrown together rigged mesh from my 3D modelling software and modifying...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
More hacking on native executables - By ApochPiQ
I've started the long and tedious process of slowly but surely hooking up every single Epoch language feature to the new LLVM bindings, so that the compiler can emit 100% native binaries instead of...
The Right to Bear Arms - By Aardvajk
The player object now has arms that the grapples visually attach to. They smoothly move from the rest position to the correct position when grappling and rotate towards the correct point.I've had...
Unity Tile Map Editor - By CRYP7IK
Recently I started a game with a friend which required a tile map, the following is a series of the editor progress.So first I got a basic layout of the UI: Then a pluggable menu bar (Inherit from...
Project Update - By Aardvajk
Just wanted to post since the obligatory eight to ten weeks since last entry have passed :) The Grappling Hook project is alive and well and continuing apace. I've got the level editor at the point...
Native Binary Project: Day Whatever - By ApochPiQ
I continue to hack on the Epoch compiler, slowly shaping it into a powerhouse of executable binary generation. So far I've gotten the program string table and DLL import table built in a flexible a...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Rewrite ALL the things! - By ApochPiQ
OK so I'm not really rewriting everything ... just... a lot of it.The current runtime infrastructure for Epoch is precarious at best, and desperately needs some improvements. There are a number of...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 days ago
Asset Studio - Asset Management Tool - By Endurion
After years and more years of manually adding new assets into code I tried a newer approach. I'll use this journal entry to show off my assetmanagement tool (Asset Studio) but also ask for similar...
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Slimming down the Epoch runtime and improving program start times - By ApochPiQ
Right now a big limitation of the Epoch program execution model is the fact that .EXEs generated by the compiler are not in fact native binaries. They are compact bytecode wrapped in a thin shim th...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 days ago
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Epoch Mailing List - By ApochPiQ
I've spun up a mailing list for the Epoch project, mostly because I'm tired of having conversations about it span half a dozen websites and PMs and blah blah.Here's the link: clicky . Or you can em...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Three toads and the spit of a badger - By ApochPiQ
So Epoch has a couple of warts that I'm looking at smoothing out. One of them has to do with overloads that do type decomposition of algebraic sum types://// How things look today//type Optional...

PARTNERS