Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014

Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 6 days, 16 hours ago
Ragdoll - It begins... (with two edits and new vids since posting) - By Aardvajk
Following my last, rather angry, post about trying to get the Bullet constraints to work, I took a step back and breathed deeply for a while, then figured out where I was going wrong.In short, you...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Java - Getting The Path Of The Jar File - By Code Fox
Whenever you are working with files in Java, sometimes you need to get the full path to the directory the .jar file is located in. Most of the time you can just use.String path = "./File_Name.txt";...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Rag Doll progress - By Aardvajk
http://youtu.be/ifBFUFTW8UMThis is without doubt the most fiddly bloody thing I've ever tried to do, but we are making some slow progress. Generating a rag doll from the mesh skeleton.I do not unde...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Hinges - By Aardvajk
http://youtu.be/reiH3BaHcY4In my preparation for rag doll animation, something has been troubling me.What I will want to do is start the rag doll in whatever pose the character is from the animatio...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Constraints - By Aardvajk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZzOyF3SqQ&feature=youtu.beI'm pushing forward with adding the constraints system to my "engine/game/whatever" now. Bullet provides a comprehensive range of cons...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Jumping Beans - By Aardvajk
Just a quick post to say I've added jumping states to the PC state machine now, finishing off the very basic movement system.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_HHbs-7zQIf the character is running w...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Character Controller - shadows, animated meshes and state machines - By Aardvajk
I've integrated an animated model as the main character since last time, created a nice, tidy state machine to handle the character states and added back in shadow mapping. Obligatory video showi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Week Of Awesome III - Postmortem - By slicer4ever
This is my postmortem for the WoA III. I have been mulling over what many of the contestants have said, what has been discussed. I tried to reflect more on how to improve things for next year. The...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Week of Awesome III - Afterthoughts - By Endurion
The competition is over, you got judged, what now?For one, a main goal at any competition is to get feedback. Especially critics on the things that were not good. A competition like this usually ne...
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Week of Awesome III - Post Mortem (dont read if you have soft feelings) - By riuthamus
WARNING: This might sound like a sore loser, but its not!! I am simply throwing out some constructive criticism. After spending two years doing this competition I have noticed some very odd thing...
Week Of Awesome III - My Results - By slicer4ever
Thank you everyone for bearing with the wait, you can find my results here, for individual ranking see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mezCu1oGOe6K4RvvpuXy6QHLo7ZvpDv3...
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Character Controller - Video - By Aardvajk
http://youtu.be/DwSC7Z9Pf98 Seems legit http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Pretty stable so far, slope walking, maximum slope angle, interaction with dynamic a...
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Character Controller progress - By Aardvajk
Some good progress this morning. The player capsule (red) now correctly glides and slides around the environment, no longer penetrating either the static or dynamic shapes, and we have the floor r...
Grappling with Bullet Physics - By Aardvajk
Well, Bullet Physics turns out to be, um, quirky, to say the least. Not that I'm complaining, its amazingly well written and stable and very easy to get it set up to do the basic convex shapes rol...
Week of Awesome III - Post Mortem - By Endurion
Now after all the dust is settled a Post Mortem to my entry Bunny Hop.What went right Even before the competition started I was pondering on what to do. In a previous Ludum Dare I had used a nifty...
Postmortem of Soulwielder – Part 2 (Development) - By Casey Hardman
This is part 2 of the postmortem for the Week of Awesome game I made called Soulwielder.This is about the development of the game; the first part was about the design of the game.There were several...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Post-Mortem on "Death is Useful" - By Orymus3
About the game"Death is Useful by Orymus" is a game developed exclusively for "the Week of Awesome III" gamejam event (#gdnjam).The player is prompted to play as a nameless protagonist (sphere) and...
Postmortem for Soulwielder – Part 1 (Design) - By Casey Hardman
Soulwielder made it to the deadline, despite some of my serious doubts during the hectic week of developing it.If you want to download it, the zip is attached to this post .This is the first time I...
WoA 3: Day 7 (POST FAIL) - By riuthamus
Welp, rendering finally finished and we found out the problem. Point lights. They cause serious issues with the new rendering methods in Unity 5.0.Here is the final version (doesnt count for the co...
WoA 3: Day 7 - By riuthamus
The bad: So, last night after making the video I decided to release another build. I went in and pushed a build and realized that the build time was taking 1 hour. I watched the build for another 3...