Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

Single page

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 19 hours, 44 minutes ago
Eclipse Indigo Bug Workaround - ( Export > Launch Configuration ) Invalid Configs - By Shippou
There is a bug in Eclipse Indigo that has been driving me up a wall the last few days.Whenever you delete a Java project, it's launch configuration ( File > Export > (type) > Launch Con...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 18 hours ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Ohh an entry image. What is it? Well, it's not programming a game but instead programming in a game, as I write some code (that works! Amazing!) for an autonomous rover in Kerbal Space Program. An...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 11 hours ago
Getting Lost Keeping the Lights on - By Navyman
There comes a time, for some more than once, when a single developer or small team looks at their financing and the decision to continue working or increase the available funds must be answered. Th...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 3 hours ago
Simplified Example Of How To Use JPanel & JFrame With Lots Of Different Stuff - By Shippou
Below you will find a fully functional code example that shows how to do many common tasks with JPanel & JFrame. I stripped out as much useless "fluff" as I could, leaving the code as bare as...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 15 hours ago
Two fireworks shows down in Florida outside of Miami I did for this holiday weekend went great - Arthur was well to the north and the T-storms stayed away during the evenings. Got home last night s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
VISUAL STUDIO IS A SELFISH WANKER - By ApochPiQ
Why in the ever living FUCK does Visual Studio 2012 insist on bringing itself to the foreground every time the debugger starts?This is fucking horseshit. I have multiple projects that I have to wo...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 6 /21 - 6/28 Say hello to new journal author BlackLodgeGames !Project Updates Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord managed to snag some...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Log 1 - By Orymus3
Hi,I took a few days off this week. I had promised myself to do some devving on the side this summer, and exposed my thoughts in my previous entry. I took about 4-5 hours in the last 4 days to look...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 11 hours ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 6 /14 - 6/21 Say hello to new journal authors Eruadan and Arcana Art !Project Updates Grand Strategy: Space War - Orymus3 has scrapped the co...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Cheating At ' Don't Starve ' By Modifying The Game Code - By Shippou
Don't Starve is an interesting survival & adventure game that places a player into a brutal survival environment, were one seemingly innocent mistake can cause instant death.After playing this...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Barfing out some thoughts - By ApochPiQ
It's an interesting time, that's for sure.Work has been consuming a monumental portion of my time and energy lately; and while I can't talk about it yet, I can say that it has definitively been a l...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Grand Strategy: SpaceWar (Spinoff?) and the RubberDuck... - By Orymus3
A year ago, almost day-for-day, I started work on a game project which would later be known as Grand Strategy: Space War .(Don't worry, I'm still working on that!) A few months ago, we've chosen to...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
If you ever live someplace for 30 years, just stay there. Trust me.Anyways, here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 6 /7 - 6/14 Say hello to new journal author TheChubu !Project Updat...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
dustArtemis, a fork of Artemis Entity System framework - By TheChubu
Hi! This is the first entry of a journal dedicated to dustArtemis, my fork of Artemis Entity System framework, that I've been using for the pseudo-engine project I started this year. dustArtemis...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
The Five Stages of Programming - By ApochPiQ
All programmers undergo a transformation, from the moment they first start typing code, until the moment they realize that there's more important things in life than making computers obey one's whi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Heyo, finally made it. Moving house sometime soon, so things are busy. June already? Geez. Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 5 /31 - 6/7 Say hello to new journal authors newtech...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Better late than never, here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 5 /23 - 5/31 Say hello to new journal author Saint Retro !Project Updates Out Of The Ashes - Burnt_Fyr has a small upd...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Screenshots of my WIP editor - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted anything for quite awhile, so here's two screenshots of the current state of my editor. Some of the tabs and buttons don't actually work, but a surprising amount does work.http://s9....
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
If you have clear skies (I hate you) and live in the US, be sure to check out the Camelopardalids peaking tonight. Might be a good show. I have additional tips for meteor watching if it's your fi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Approaches to Resource Disposal - By swiftcoder
I’m working on developing a novel programming language, working title ‘aevum’. As part of that process, I’ll be writing a series of articles about various aspects of language design and development...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Considering heading out to the Develop Conference in Brighton this July? Well if you are you can get 10% off registration using the code DEV14AF2 . Additionally, if anyone agrees to write about...

PARTNERS