NOTICE: gdnmail.net service to shutdown July 18, 2016

Posted by Khawk
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 22 hours ago
How To Edit 'Craft The World' Game Files - By Code Fox
Craft The World is in interesting hybrid of Gnomoria and Terraria .The main game files can not be altered ( yet ), however all of the resource files can be accessed and changed.( IE: creatures,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 19 hours ago
Status report 6-15-2016 - By Norman Barrows
status report 6-15-2016 the game is really coming along. its now complete, stable, and appealing enough that i've started playing it just for fun, instead of playing store bought games i own....
< Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
MMO: Spectrum Of Design - Part 3 Does This Rollercoaster Have Sand? - By sunandshadow
Spectrum Of Design a blog series by sunandshadow aka Mare Kuntz  Blog #3: Does This Rollercoaster Have Sand? (Themeparks, Sandboxes, and Sandparks)  Themeparks and Sandboxes represent two...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
MMO: Spectrum Of Design - Part 2 Fishing For Grouper Or Sole? - By sunandshadow
Spectrum Of Design a blog series by sunandshadow aka Mare Kuntz    Blog #2: Fishing For Grouper Or Sole? (Designing For Group Play Or Solo Play) In the previous blog I talked about...
MMO: Spectrum Of Design - Part 0 Introduction - By sunandshadow
Spectrum of Design 0, 1, and 2 were originally published on MMOsite.com MMO: Spectrum Of Designa blog series by sunandshadowaka Mare Kuntz    Blog #0: Introduction Welcome! This seri...
MMO: Spectrum Of Design - Part 1 To Avatar Or Not To Avatar? - By sunandshadow
MMO: Spectrum Of Design a blog series by sunandshadow aka Mare Kuntz  Blog #1: To Avatar Or Not To Avatar? (No, not that movie with the blue cat-aliens.) One of the most basic divides amo...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés - By Norman Barrows
The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés from  http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html  There are few people who love a good console RPG more than I. Games like Final Fant...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Virtual Reality (VR) - Nothing New Here Folks - By Code Fox
I keep reading all the hype about "VR", and every time I wish I could lecture the author about how almost nothing is actually new or innovative. A lot the technology surrounding VR has it's roots a...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 days ago
I Want To Live In The City of Glass - By Code Fox
I am always interested seeing all the unique and creative designs game developers come up with for their city. My favorite architecture styles would have to be modernist , brutalist , and classic f...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 6 days ago
Pastry Fortress - J007 - MP and Dropships - By riuthamus
Been a few weeks since I have posted, mostly because work has been crazy. However, as with all my returns I come bringing gifts of visual joy! http://www.riuthamus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
NeoCities Is Not Even Close To GeoCities - By Code Fox
I hate being mislead ... I REALLY hate being mislead by folks who leverage nostalgia to their advantage. I present to you: Neocities. This web hosting service is claiming to recreate the "good ol...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Is there a hexagonal analog of Conway's Game of Life? - By jwezorek
The short answer is that in the hexagonal case the best analog of Conway's Game of Life -- in my opinion as someone who has been a CA hobbyist for 30 years or so -- is an original creation which I...
The claw is gonna get ya! (if the explosions don't!) - By braindigitalis
Hi all, Another day, another feature! The last couple of days have kept me busy creating a "physics powered" grab arm for picking up the crates. When the player gets the crates to the exit, th...
New World instance builder - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the new interface for creating World instances, the World.Builder!  dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 weeks ago
April update: the new procedural dungeon generator - By Ashaman73
I'm back with a new progression video. I had skipped the last month update due to not having something useful to show off. I had optimized the engine and went from 20-25 fps to a stable 60 fps in m...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 day ago
Personal Update - By Aardvajk
Just a quick personal update to explain my total lack of posting here for a while. Had some kind of problem with my stomach and kidneys which led me to be admitted to hospital a couple of week...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 6 days ago
"It's like the difference between night and day!" - Polishing the lighting - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone! It has been a long time (nearly a year) since i last worked on this game. My usual development routine involves having multiple games in progress at any one time. Once i start fee...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Pastry Fortress - J006 - Landscapes - By riuthamus
After 3 days of putzing around with the grass I have finally created something I am happy with: http://www.riuthamus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Screenshot-2016-03-20-23.02.54.png  Aft...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Pastry Fortress - J005 - Grass - By riuthamus
http://www.riuthamus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/pastryFortress_010.jpg  That is all. (seriously, that is all I have today! Im too tired for anything else) EDIT: yes this grass has som...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Status report 3-17-2016 - By Norman Barrows
Major changes to Caveman v3.0 since the August 2015 release of beta 21: ENCOUNTERS: (encounters and treasure now scale to party size AND level, not just party size)* regular and quest encounter nu...
Pastry Fortress - J004 - Turrets + Third Person Shooter - By riuthamus
So, most of today was spent getting the Third Person viewport looking solid. I think we have something acceptable: https://youtu.be/pO4AGN1RFk8  I also added in the clouds to the prim...
Pastry Fortress - J003 - Fun with Clouds - By riuthamus
A lot has been going on with the game this month. Here is a quick video showing off what I was able to accomplish today. (the music is custom and created by one of my good friends Skyler). htt...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
One week of optimizing: doubling your frame rate - By Ashaman73
So, I have finally took the time to optimize my game. One week later and the following test scene went from ~30 fps(35-40ms) to ~60fps (16-17ms). http://www.gnoblins.net/wp-content/gallery/int...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 days ago
Pastry Party J002 - Update - By riuthamus
We have been fairly busy with the game and I wanted to show some progress of what is in place so far. We have added a promo video which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH0P...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
February update - By Ashaman73
Welcome to the February update. This time a progression video to show off the new tutorial system, the garrison system, new difficulty levels and finally a much needed end game screen. ht...

PARTNERS