Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

Single page

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 10 hours, 51 minutes ago
The building of caveman part 4 - The Z game library - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - Part 4Z3D - The low level generic game development librarySo far i had a wrapper for the dx9 fixed function pipeline, and arender queue and state manager desigend to feed...
Developer Journal - 13 hours, 5 minutes ago
Caveman v3.0 progress report, April 20th 2014. - By Norman Barrows
Caveman 3.0 progress report April 20th 2014Work on Caveman continues. Its down to high level features and polishing. Currently, the quest generator is under construction, with 14 types of quests im...
Developer Journal - 18 hours, 57 minutes ago
AntTweakBar wrapper for C# - By Bacterius
Hello,I've just uploaded my C# wrapper for the AntTweakBar GUI library at https://github.com/TomCrypto/AntTweakBar.NET . Some of you might remember me already posting about this on the forum, this...
Developer Journal - 21 hours, 31 minutes ago
Scope Problem ... maybe? - By DareDeveloper
Hi all,after abandoning the simple game, I may have started something HUGE ... as in: a little too big as the next step, considering that it is just another "getting familiar with XYZ" project.Even...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 6 hours ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /11 - 4/18 Say hello to new journal author Truerror !Project Updates et1337 makes games - et1337 made one last push this past week for Lemma...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
Software OpenGL Rasterizer + Quake 2 - By BGB
basically, lacking much better to do recently, I wrote a basic software rasterizer and put an OpenGL front-end on it, then proceeded to make Quake 2 work on it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DP6d...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 19 hours ago
I'll call it a game ... - By DareDeveloper
Here it is: http://www.procgames.com/demos4/notprocatall.html (might have seen that coming if you saw the last journal entry...)Well, it is anything but finished ... only in the sense that I will...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /4 - 4/11. Project Updates RADICAL HEROES: CRIMSON CITY CRISIS - MAD UNICORN GAMES is prepping for the release of Crimson City Heroes on De...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Personal plug: if you like space and/or you like Kerbal Space Program, be sure to follow @KSA_MissionCtrl , it's starting to take off quite nicelyOk, here are your Journal Land entries from the per...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Part 3 - getting a handle on directx - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 3 - Getting a handle on directxGetting up to speed:So i was going to be using directx and visual studio c++. All fine and good,but i hadn't written a line of code in...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Getting to know the Canvas - By DareDeveloper
I am familiarizing myself with JS and HTML5, Canvas first ... not WebGL yet.The first thing I am trying to do is programming what I had in mind when I heard that there is a combination between Tetr...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 7 hours ago
Why YOU should embed a web server in your game engine - By ApochPiQ
I'm going to give you a sales pitch. It might sound outlandish at first, but bear with me - I think, by the end, you'll agree that this is a Good Thing™. You should embed a tiny web server in your...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 10 hours ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 3 /24 - 3/30. Don't forget I skipped a week and two weekends while I was away for GDC so be sure to skim back through journals as well.Stop by...
< Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
The Building of Caveman - part 2. What to build, and tool selection - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - part 2.What to build, and how?What to build? thats the first of a million questions to be answered when building a game.Well, the answer turns out to be pretty simple:you...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
The Building of Caveman - Part 1 - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman, Part 1in this series of posts i will explain the process of making the game Caveman v3.0. What was done and why.this is done in hopes that it may help others in their quest...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
BTIC1C Screen Capture: Performance and older HW... - By BGB
I had recently fiddled some with BTIC1C real-time recording, and have got some interesting results:main desktop PC, mostly holds a solid 29/30 fps for recording.* 1680x1050p30 on a 3.4 GHz Phenom I...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Game Jam Focus - By DareDeveloper
The last Journal Entry inspired a reply ... which inspired an Advert:http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds/item/2992-game-jam-tools-team-effort/ My next steps will probably be in the web development /...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
A day in the life... - By Norman Barrows
A day in the life...This will give you an idea of what its like to be an indie.Tasks to be done on the project go on the "todo list". once they're completed, they're moved to the "done list".here'...
The basic game is DONE! - By Norman Barrows
that's right...after taking a break and evaluating skyrim, my motivation levels were back up. A final push, and as of 7pm eastern time, march 24th 2014, the basic game is done!and my original estim...
Struggling ... what are the next steps - By DareDeveloper
Hi all,for some reason my brain does not work the way I want it to work right now.Guess work plays a role, it feels like a thought deadlock :-/ ... so here is a braindump for personal clarity.I don...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
you guys are on your own next week. I'll be at GDC. If anyone wants some face time to gripe or sing praise about GDnet then get in touch somehow. Email or twitter are probably the best ways.Here...
So just what is this different way of building games? - By Norman Barrows
So just what is this different way of building games?in a nutshell:non-OO c++ syntaxADTs (abstract data types) composed of: * PODs (plain old data) * standalone functionsthe use of data str...
I'm le tiredHere are your Journal Land entries from the period of 2/28 - 3/8 Stop by to say hello and welcome to new authors Undergroundies , coremarq , tnovelli , Shippou and SteeleDriver !Projec...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Progress Report: March 2014 - By Norman Barrows
Few progress reports, but lots of progress:All Improved animal animations done - even the new bunny_attack animation! <g>. The improved animations really bring the animals to life. Somet...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
"Don't Eat Fruit" - World Health Organization - By Shippou
The World Health Organization has announced that it will be cutting back the "calories from sugar recommendation" to 5% of daily consumption. [LINK] Problem is - no one has bothered to do the math...

PARTNERS