• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Article Writing

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014

Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 1 hour ago
Importance Sampling - By Bacterius
Beware: this entry is HUGE, lots of stuff covered and it will likely take time for the reader to digest it all.A version of the rendering equation was introduced in the last entry. As we saw, the i...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 27 minutes ago
Om and the FunArg Problem - By Aardvajk
Om and the FunArg Problem There is a problem with languages that support functions as first class citizens which turns out to be very well studied and even has a proper name according to Wikipedia...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Allocator Pools - By Aardvajk
After a brief battle with a bad phase of mental health issues, I've yet again restarted Om from scratch. I want to try a different approach to look up of variables this time as I was encountering s...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
PPP - Pixel Perfect Picking for Vertex and Face Selection - By Buckeye
Disclaimer Credit for the concept of Pixel Perfect Picking in D3D11 belongs to gamedev member unbird , a wizard with shaders. However, since I'm basically lazy, I coined the acronym PPP, and adapte...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Caveman v3.0 Beta 20 released - By Norman Barrows
Caveman v3.0 Beta 20 releasedNew for beta 20:Turned off draw_animal_AI. draw_animal_AI displays AI related debugging info above active animals and NPC's. I forgot to turn it off in beta 19.Download...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Om: Short Circuit Evaluation, Ternary Operators and Native Functions - By Aardvajk
Short Circuit Evaluation The way I'd previously been doing and and or in the VM was with specific instructions, OpCode::Land and OpCode::Lor , which popped the top two stack values, then pushed th...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Caveman v3.0 Beta 19 released - By Norman Barrows
Caveman v3.0 Beta 19 released!Play now!http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php Numerous changes in Beta 19:* added export band member* added import band member* added de-activate band member* make pi...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Control Structures in Om - By Aardvajk
Control Structures in Om I've just finished up the basic control structures for the Om language and virtual machine, namely while, if/else and two forms of for loop. The second form of the for loop...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Inside the Om Virtual Machine - By Aardvajk
Inside the Om Virtual Machine I've basically rewritten the entire project from scratch since my last entry since I really felt I could do better in terms of organisation and wanted to pay more atte...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Interlude - Concept of an Application Manager - By Buckeye
Years ago, back when I was gainfully employed, I took a management class as part of my employer's "career enhancement" plan. It completely changed the way I thought (and still think) about how an o...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Window message processing - each object gets a look at them - By Buckeye
At the moment I have a hierarchy of objects:class VzAppManager - base class for storing persistent data and providing support - GetGraphics(), GetWindow(), SetEditMenu(), etc.class MeshEdit3Manager...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Mode context menus and accelerators - By Buckeye
I'm a fan of menus and accelerators (keyboard shortcuts) that depend on the context. I like to edit with one hand on the keyboard, and one hand on the mouse. However, I don't always remember what s...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
The Concept of A Mesh Editor - By Buckeye
I've always loved the concept of skinned mesh - skeletal animation. The mathematical basis really appeals to me. I remember the first time I got a DX9 application working with Frank Luna's skinned...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Megamorphic calls - By TheChubu
I'll be having this journal to post random stuff probably! So... Megamorphic calls JVM distinguish regular calls from megamorphic calls (actually it distinguishes bimorphic calls too but whatever...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
The Rendering Equation - By Bacterius
Please forgive the delay between the previous entry and this one. I didn't mention this before, but I'll try to post these at intervals of two weeks to a month or so; I had already prewritten the f...
The Harvest: Castle Prototype - By riuthamus
I have attached a screenshot of what I have been working on for the past week. The overall time to complete this has only been about 2 hours but with the purchase of the new house I have very littl...
The Harvest: Castle Prototype - By riuthamus
I have attached a screenshot of what I have been working on for the past week. The overall time to complete this has only been about 2 hours but with the purchase of the new house I have very littl...
Researching render loops for OpenGL 4.0+ - By Nemo Persona
For a hobby project I had to look at opengl render loops so here is a fast recap of the main things I pulled out of a day of reading and searching. The best hint I found was a talk from GDC 2014, l...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
The Harvest: Farm System v1 - By riuthamus
It has been a busy month for us due to the conversion to Unity 5.0. Finally, we have some progress worth showing. Goss has been hard at work adding in the old systems and ensuring they are clean/ti...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Playing around with environment lighting mockups - By Servant of the Lord
I've been playing around in Paint Shop Pro to mockup different environment lightings. These are conceptual (they aren't in-game): http://puu.sh/gGSr4/c1948952f0.png This is stylistic practice for...
A quick update. march 19th 2015 - By Norman Barrows
While I wait for a build, I thought I'd do a quick update. Its been too long since I posted a progress report.I've been play testing the game a lot recently. About one game year so far with the sa...
Om - By Aardvajk
Thought rather than posting random stream of conciousness updates about the Om scripting language, I'd try and post a bit more of a structured introduction to the syntax today. Will write some stuf...
LightWave - Phase 1 finished. - By slicer4ever
Today i'd like to talk about a new framework i've been working on. Honestly i expect myself to be the only person to ever reasonable use this framework, but it is a challenge that i one day hope wi...
Om scripting progress - By Aardvajk
Flying along with the scripting language. Have implemented Array types as well as Object types now. Example of some of the things you can do:var o ={ var x = [ 10, 20, "hello" ]; var f =...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Data permanence (or a lack thereof) - By swiftcoder
When Google VP Vint Cerf warned that increased dependence on technology could lead to a ‘digital dark age’ , he merely echoed the concern of everyone involved in the preservation of information in...

PARTNERS