Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 17 hours ago
Simple stuff: Creating a spawner in UE4 using C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This weeks simple project was to create an effective enemy spawner in UE4 using C++. I already had a simplistic blueprint version of this, but it had some bugs which were causing crashe...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 23 hours ago
Snail Organs, Immune System, and Ageing - By Drakonka
Organs! Immune systems! Old age! Dying from old age!I’m super excited. I was thinking: “How do I implement old age and death, and health in general? Is health just energy? When the snail is out of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Rewriting the AI Controller in C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So it's been a while since i last posted a blog entry. It has been an extremely busy time for me, tweaking and improving the performance and design of my game. I have finally moved on f...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
September update: the new mining interface - By Ashaman73
Here is the September developer log. This time I'm showing off the development of the mining interface over several versions. Even if the current interface version seems to be a logical way to appr...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 11 hours ago
Wild snails around the world - By Drakonka
Did you know that there is an entirely separate formula to calculate the distance between two points on the surface of a sphere? I mean…it kind of makes sense when you think about it. The shortest...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 21 hours ago
Working on the Quest Map - By JTippetts
Lately I've been working on the quest map. The quest map will be accessible from a special kind of workbench, the Map Table, that you can construct as part of your base. Using the Map Table will br...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Bringing snail stables down to earth - By Drakonka
SnailLife snail stables have always lived in the ether - in some virtual universe with no physical location. Since I'm trying to make SnailLife based in reality, users' snail stables should also be...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
evo's Game Jam and thoughts on organization - By JTippetts
So, evolutional recently challenged himself with his own personal game jam . In the process he created a simple clone of an existing game, 2048. He used the opportunity to work the rust out of some...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
Doors - By JTippetts
In response to input by Servant of the Lord and Eck in my previous entry on bridges , I made a change to how the hexmap tracks object IDs. The result is a system that has not only allowed me to do...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Week Of Awesome III - Postmortem - By slicer4ever
This is my postmortem for the WoA III. I have been mulling over what many of the contestants have said, what has been discussed. I tried to reflect more on how to improve things for next year. The...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Bridges - By JTippetts
Spent a couple minutes today implementing constructable bridges:http://i.imgur.com/h6wSgLM.png Unfortunately, due to the way I handle units occupying hexes, the bridges are permanent. Only one comb...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
August Update (Version 0.2.40) - By Ashaman73
Here's the august update. This month I worked on improving the accessibility of the user interface. A lot of the more complex features have been moved on the main screen, especially the mining map...
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Week Of Awesome III - My Results - By slicer4ever
Thank you everyone for bearing with the wait, you can find my results here, for individual ranking see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mezCu1oGOe6K4RvvpuXy6QHLo7ZvpDv3...
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Urho3D and Pyrotechnics - By JTippetts
Urho3D's architecture is based on a component system. You may have heard the term. Essentially, Urho3D provides a hierarchy of Nodes, where each Node comprises a set of transforms (position, rotati...
Flame Shotgun - By JTippetts
In honor of Washu, I present to you the flame shotgun. http://i.imgur.com/E2iet5w.jpg And a shitty, low-res video of it in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UB3PGKkhe8&feature=youtu.be
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hi - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/z1i13WE.jpg Creepers gonna creep. http://i.imgur.com/qybfbwV.jpg The swordsmen, I can probably take, but the three shaman are probably going to mess me up. If they don't murder e...
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Post-Mortem on "Death is Useful" - By Orymus3
About the game"Death is Useful by Orymus" is a game developed exclusively for "the Week of Awesome III" gamejam event (#gdnjam).The player is prompted to play as a nameless protagonist (sphere) and...
Day 5 - The End - By Orymus3
Day 5 Goals [s]- Find a simple [s]solution to avoid Purple overcrowding [s]- Package the build and test it under various conditions to insure judges are able to play it! I ended up findin...
Day 4 - Final? - By Orymus3
My plan for Day 4 was this:[s]- Rework the Result Screen visual. - Add two mob variations - Find a simple solution to avoid Purple overcrowding - Package the build and test it under various...
Day 3 - Ugh Agh Gheeee! - By Orymus3
Roadmap DAY 3 (Wednesday) - [s]Art - [s]Sound - [s]Tweaks to the mobs - Setting the spawn order to a fixed order (to circumvent situations where I could have to deal with more than 1 purple at any...