Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 23 hours ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 167 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. UE4.11 with Intel Embree does seam to be a lot faster building lightmaps (just like Epic said).Removing one of the 4GiB RAM sticks seams...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 14 hours ago
"Quad"-planar projection - By JTippetts
HA! It never fails. As soon as I resolve to work on much-needed logic and AI refactoring, I let myself get distracted with a visual thing again. But this fix was relatively easy, and is something I...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 5 hours ago
Creature AI - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/ulaF0Wy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CMGEDS9.jpg I'm in a creature AI phase right now. It's actually a bunch of code that I haven't really touched in awhile, and as with all such code...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Bringing back the mountains - By JTippetts
I spent some time recently working out some bugs with the tri-planar shader. I believe the bugs are fixed now (and it required some fixes in the Urho3D library to do it), but I don't really underst...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 160 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. Stuff done this week: [25%] Finish the movement test map (It is to test all the moves that the player can due to make sure that something...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
My woes while trying to build UE4 from source - By ryan20fun
Welcome to this special entry, [Monday] I have tried compiling UE4 from GitHub, But I am getting (semi) random ICE errors.Right now, When I see an ICE; I go ArggggThis is really frustrating!I...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 146 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. I have not made much time for development, So I have not done much <_< But I have done the (simple) task of changing the pla...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 5 hours ago
New textures with the tri-planar shader - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/232ILDK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/u8d0uzA.jpg  SoTL and MarkS talked me back into using the tri-planar shader I've been using so far. Above are a couple shots of some of the te...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Textures - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/qUltO72.jpg  Did a quick little test to see how well some of the textures I made in making the previous journal entry "read" in Goblinson Crusoe. Looks pretty good, if you a...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
The claw is gonna get ya! (if the explosions don't!) - By braindigitalis
Hi all, Another day, another feature! The last couple of days have kept me busy creating a "physics powered" grab arm for picking up the crates. When the player gets the crates to the exit, th...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 9 hours ago
New World instance builder - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the new interface for creating World instances, the World.Builder!  dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
April update: the new procedural dungeon generator - By Ashaman73
I'm back with a new progression video. I had skipped the last month update due to not having something useful to show off. I had optimized the engine and went from 20-25 fps to a stable 60 fps in m...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 139 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. I kinda forgot about doing one last Thursday <_< So, Onto what I have done since the last update. I did manage to block...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
The project from insanity - By blewisjr
Wow has it really been this long since I posted a journal entry. Man time really flies right by it is just insane. Over the last few months I have been going through the motions of designing...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Dirt and Rock Textures Using Blender Particle Systems - By JTippetts
Reading alfith's entry on rocks reminded me of a technique I often use for creating dirt, stone, and pebble textures in Blender using particle systems. Since alfith's rocks are fresh in my mind (a...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Instant Meshes Retopo - By JTippetts
I'm terrible at art. Let me back up. There are some aspects of art, at least video game art creation, that I have achieved an "acceptable" level of skill. And there are others that I have achi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
"It's like the difference between night and day!" - Polishing the lighting - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone! It has been a long time (nearly a year) since i last worked on this game. My usual development routine involves having multiple games in progress at any one time. Once i start fee...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 125 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. I have added a CubeKey type to open door(s) like in "Commander Keen" So what you do is collect them and the door will open once all ID's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
One week of optimizing: doubling your frame rate - By Ashaman73
So, I have finally took the time to optimize my game. One week later and the following test scene went from ~30 fps(35-40ms) to ~60fps (16-17ms). http://www.gnoblins.net/wp-content/gallery/int...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Writing a robust function tester using templates. - By irreversible
My motivation was to write a test framework that I could run on functions to check whether they properly handle bad input. The below code sort of assumes the tested function does not throw, because...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
February update - By Ashaman73
Welcome to the February update. This time a progression video to show off the new tutorial system, the garrison system, new difficulty levels and finally a much needed end game screen. ht...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Snaily Updates: BrainHub + Runners, SnailLife Logo - By Drakonka
I finally have two BrainRunners working on a DigitalOcean droplet, and one BrainHub on another droplet queueing and assigning tasks to the runners. It's still rough, but let's start with the Brain...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Closed test session, could need some helping hands ! - By Ashaman73
I want to start a new closed test only available to a small, dedicated group of testers. If someone has interest in helping me out, send me a PM and I will give you the download link http://public....
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 day ago
Rendering Tree Sprites - By JTippetts
It's been awhile since I did anything 2D-related, and I'm a little bit worried that some of those particular hard-earned skills are starting to fade from my weak brain. Last night, I was talking wi...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Preparing my engine for Vulkan API - By Ashaman73
Looking at the vulkan api so far, it could solve many of my rendering performance issues in my engine. My engine was based on OpenGL 1.2, followed by a transition to OGL 2.0 and lot of extension la...

PARTNERS