Writing Challenge

Single page

Single page

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
End of day seven - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Alrighty, here's my entry: [Download .zip file from Dropbox] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byq6HBvCUAAlEgo.png Man, this was really tiring. I had to vastly shift the gameplay mechanics earlier toda...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
Moved to GitHub! - By TheChubu
Small update, moved the repo to GitHub, and config files. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities, Com...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 14 hours ago
Spaces for all the things, and everything in its space - By ApochPiQ
So Epoch has managed to self-host (as of an embarrassingly long time ago) and the Era IDE is slowly turning into something actually worth using. Over the past few days I got a rudimentary symbol lo...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 13 hours ago
End of day 6 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Well, we're coming down to it. Not sure I'll be able to make it (though I'll submit whatever I do have by the deadline). I'mma gonna havta pull an all-nighter to make sure I actually submit somethi...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 8 hours ago
End of day 4 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Well, things are progressing slowly; this could get ugly as I come down to the deadline. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png I still have almost all the gameplay ne...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 9 hours ago
End of day 3 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
I ran into some coding complications, so I didn't get too much done feature-wise, but the artist completed coloring one of the mice, so the sniper will look like this:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
End of day 1 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
I didn't get too much done, but I did get scrolling, zooming, and picking of isometric tiles.Also display the controls and gameplay tips.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByMl-FPCIAEnnJp.png I made the...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Playing with colors! - By ApochPiQ
Been playing around with a dark theme for Era: Syntax highlighting still needs some love, but it's getting there.Note that the IDE now highlights structure type names and function names. This is cu...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Apparently murdering babies is off the table - WoA2 contest - By Servant of the Lord
So the week of awesome contest has just began, with the theme being "The toys are alive!".My artist friend and myself came up with an idea last night, so I'm about ready to get started coding it....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Updates! Puppies! - By TheChubu
It's been a while since I updated this journal, not because I didn't had anything to write about though. So, recap on updates it is. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Argh, bitrot. - By ApochPiQ
Turns out that leaving a project alone for six months is a great way to discover that it's full of mysterious bugs you don't remember having.I noticed some weird behavior with Era, the Epoch IDE, e...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 16 hours ago
A Quick Introduction to Sampler-Based Profiling - By ApochPiQ
Sampler-Based Profiling: The Quick Version So you're happily working on some code, and suddenly it happens: everything is just too damn slow ! Something is eating up all your performance, but it's...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Brain dump: considerations for organizing code - By ApochPiQ
No structure or real nice formatting will be found in this post. This is a stream-of-consciousness blathering process wherein I contemplate how to organize code in a way that escapes the limitation...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
The Right Taxonomy of Code - By ApochPiQ
I've written before about how much I want to get away from the "code goes in files" model of programming. The more code I write, and the larger the project, the less it makes sense to organize ever...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 10 hours ago
Time sure flies... - By ApochPiQ
It's been well over a year since I embarked on the monumental project of self-hosting the Epoch language compiler. In all that time, there have been a whopping ZERO releases of the language or any...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
ComponentManager v ComponentMapper: Dawn of Components - By TheChubu
Do you know in which results page dustArtemis appears if you search for “artemis framework” in Google? Absolutely in none of them! So we're going to celebrate by talking about the ComponentManager...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 day ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 days ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 days ago
VISUAL STUDIO IS A SELFISH WANKER - By ApochPiQ
Why in the ever living FUCK does Visual Studio 2012 insist on bringing itself to the foreground every time the debugger starts?This is fucking horseshit. I have multiple projects that I have to wo...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Barfing out some thoughts - By ApochPiQ
It's an interesting time, that's for sure.Work has been consuming a monumental portion of my time and energy lately; and while I can't talk about it yet, I can say that it has definitively been a l...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
dustArtemis, a fork of Artemis Entity System framework - By TheChubu
Hi! This is the first entry of a journal dedicated to dustArtemis, my fork of Artemis Entity System framework, that I've been using for the pseudo-engine project I started this year. dustArtemis...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
The Five Stages of Programming - By ApochPiQ
All programmers undergo a transformation, from the moment they first start typing code, until the moment they realize that there's more important things in life than making computers obey one's whi...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 5 days ago
Screenshots of my WIP editor - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted anything for quite awhile, so here's two screenshots of the current state of my editor. Some of the tabs and buttons don't actually work, but a surprising amount does work.http://s9....

PARTNERS