Writing Challenge

Single page

Single page

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
VISUAL STUDIO IS A SELFISH WANKER - By ApochPiQ
Why in the ever living FUCK does Visual Studio 2012 insist on bringing itself to the foreground every time the debugger starts?This is fucking horseshit. I have multiple projects that I have to wo...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Barfing out some thoughts - By ApochPiQ
It's an interesting time, that's for sure.Work has been consuming a monumental portion of my time and energy lately; and while I can't talk about it yet, I can say that it has definitively been a l...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
dustArtemis, a fork of Artemis Entity System framework - By TheChubu
Hi! This is the first entry of a journal dedicated to dustArtemis, my fork of Artemis Entity System framework, that I've been using for the pseudo-engine project I started this year. dustArtemis...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
The Five Stages of Programming - By ApochPiQ
All programmers undergo a transformation, from the moment they first start typing code, until the moment they realize that there's more important things in life than making computers obey one's whi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Screenshots of my WIP editor - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted anything for quite awhile, so here's two screenshots of the current state of my editor. Some of the tabs and buttons don't actually work, but a surprising amount does work.http://s9....
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
VS2012 SUCKS AND I CAN PROVE IT - By ApochPiQ
I am thoroughly PISSED THE HELL OFF right now.One of my favorite text editor options in old versions of Visual Studio was "Go to selection anchor after pressing escape." If you never experienced th...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Why YOU should embed a web server in your game engine - By ApochPiQ
I'm going to give you a sales pitch. It might sound outlandish at first, but bear with me - I think, by the end, you'll agree that this is a Good Thing™. You should embed a tiny web server in your...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 3 weeks ago
A few art pieces over the past few days - By Servant of the Lord
I'm working on a small tool to help me package my games' art assets together in a more manageable way, so here's a screenshot of that:http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8224/8n5p.png (Most of these b...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 3 days ago
Inwhich I post some artwork to gaze upon... - By Servant of the Lord
Inwhich I post some artwork to gaze upon......wistfully longing for them to actually be within the game world itself.Been sick/busy/occupied for awhile with non-programming things, but I've still g...
Status Update - 5 months, 5 days ago
Servant of the Lord
.@DeliciousRick No denying that #Skylanders has made #Activision truckloads of cash, though!
Status Update - 5 months, 1 week ago
Servant of the Lord
Man, #EveOnline seems awesome. [ http://t.co/jOYwrhwVsP ] Don't have the time to invest in it, but it's the only #MMO I'm interested in.
Servant of the Lord
.@deliciousbees lol - How to shortcut your already lazy (and illegal, and immoral) process in 5 easy steps.
Servant of the Lord
. @cheddahz @Stealth___ Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I'm looking forward to sitting down with Etrian Odyssey IV
Servant of the Lord
. @alexwilkinson It's a choice, not a hinderance. =)
Servant of the Lord
Came across my #dinosaur themed game made for a @gdevnet community challenge last year. http://t.co/IBFTQcHCJk
Servant of the Lord
RT @benlandis: Two-factor authentication is much more convenient when it's on a per-device basis rather than every time you log in.
Status Update - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Servant of the Lord
Very awesome software to hardware sales ratio for Nintendo: http://t.co/cnAH1b0bPt
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
More diversion - By ApochPiQ
I got tired of having my IRC bot be a plugin to a Chrome plugin, so I started tearing apart the CIRC Chrome extension and stripping it down to serve as a bot hosting platform. The UI already has so...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
And now for a brief diversion - By ApochPiQ
So I got bored last summer, and started writing an IRC bot in JavaScript.This weekend I got bored again, and polished it up and posted it on my scribblings site . You can view the entire beast here...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Epoch IDE screenshot - By ApochPiQ
Just wanted to share some of the recent progress on the Era IDE: There's a lot of stuff going on under the hood here, and not much in the way of outwardly visible changes, but it's still moving for...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Carpentry and Magic Resizing Logs - By ApochPiQ
Once, there was a carpenter.He was a pretty good carpenter, too, and knew a lot about his trade. He made a decent living selling his wares in the local market.As the carpenter wandered through the...

PARTNERS