• Create Account

Indie Projects (Awesomesauce)

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 17 hours, 8 minutes ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
Given that I'll be both partaking in the event , and a judge for the competition, it is only fitting that I start blogging about this! The Week of Awesome II? While the linked thread does a good j...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 19 hours ago
Issuing orders to party members and refactoring AI... - By Norman Barrows
Issuing orders to party members and refactoring AI... NOTES:1. in this article, any distances mentioned are in feet.2. abbreviations used in the pseudocode: "ret" = return "dir" = directi...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 20 hours ago
Raypick test - By Norman Barrows
Someone asked to see my raypick test code.Here it is: D3DXVECTOR3 intersect_point; void calc_intersection(int x,int y){char s[100];D3DXVECTOR3 v,dir,origin, p1,p2, // line...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Unity - By Orymus3
Greetings,For the longest time, I was hesitant to use Unity. Truth is, I'm not a big fan of editors: I generally feel I don't have sufficient control over what I'm trying to achieve, and this can b...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Progress report, August 28th, 2014 - By Norman Barrows
Progress report, August 28th, 2014 Playtesting and tweaking continues. As they say "God is in the details!" Adjusting: collision radii, clip radii, research times and chances, gathering times and...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
First Look into Portas Aurora: Battleline Concept - By Navyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fylAAnvbwqQ This video highlights a few elements of the game and concept ideas.Updated the graphics to a Standard resolution Prototype Version of the Interface A...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Graphics Now in 720p - By Navyman
After talking with a few devs in the chat here and talking to other team members, it was decided that the next logical step would be to upgrade the graphics from 720x938 of the image shown in the l...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Demo Now Visually Shareable - By Navyman
My last post, check it out , talked about the process leading to the creation of Battleline's Demo. Now 12 days into the Demo's development it has finally arrived at a point where, I believe, it is...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
A Week into Demo Development - By Navyman
After setting some rough boundaries I drafted a Design Document for the Demo. This brought a fair amount of discussion over whether a different document was required. However, the basic logic of th...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Reduce the Scale or Create a Demo? - By Navyman
Scale of a project is often the weakest point in a game's development. The game I have in mind to create is no different. Battleline is a Collectable Card Game (CCG) with nearly 500 cards alone sca...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
ComponentManager v ComponentMapper: Dawn of Components - By TheChubu
Do you know in which results page dustArtemis appears if you search for “artemis framework” in Google? Absolutely in none of them! So we're going to celebrate by talking about the ComponentManager...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Progress Report - July 21st 2014 - By Norman Barrows
Progress Report - July 21st 2014Beta 9 has been posted to the website, with a new download page:http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php I could really use some feedback on the game, so please, check i...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 days ago
GS:SW "Mercenaries" -- Log 2 - "Let there be Game!" - By Orymus3
"Let there be Game!" I was hoping to get this done much earlier, but a lot got in the way...Coming in, I knew this was going to be a tough/long stretch. I wanted to work more on the combat aspect...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex - By Tutorial Doctor
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex:It never makes me feel good when I see my faults in the mirror.Now, this is a time of reflection, but all of a sudden I am thinking of how t...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Log 1 - By Orymus3
Hi,I took a few days off this week. I had promised myself to do some devving on the side this summer, and exposed my thoughts in my previous entry. I took about 4-5 hours in the last 4 days to look...
Project Anera: Part 1 - Giant Strides and Baby Steps - By Eruadan
Hi again!So in my first journal , I talked about the tool sets I'd be using (Smartfox and Unity). It's been about a week since I've started working with both of these development tools and I can ha...
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 days ago
Grand Strategy: SpaceWar (Spinoff?) and the RubberDuck... - By Orymus3
A year ago, almost day-for-day, I started work on a game project which would later be known as Grand Strategy: Space War .(Don't worry, I'm still working on that!) A few months ago, we've chosen to...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 5 days ago
dustArtemis, a fork of Artemis Entity System framework - By TheChubu
Hi! This is the first entry of a journal dedicated to dustArtemis, my fork of Artemis Entity System framework, that I've been using for the pseudo-engine project I started this year. dustArtemis...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Screenshots of my WIP editor - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted anything for quite awhile, so here's two screenshots of the current state of my editor. Some of the tabs and buttons don't actually work, but a surprising amount does work.http://s9....
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 weeks ago
What's up with Me and the Micro 3D - By Squared'D
I've been away for some time now. A lot has changed since my last update. As I've said before, I used to teach English in Korea, but in April, my wife and I moved back to America. Now I've been try...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 days ago
My game development habits - an overview - By Shane C
So I'm a very weird, out of the norm game developer. I have been making games since age 11. So technically, I have about 14 years experience, and maybe 6-7 of those years active experience.At the s...

PARTNERS