• Create Account

Indie Projects (Awesomesauce)

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 5 days, 10 hours ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Unity, here we come! - By Orymus3
Some of you may already be aware that I was part of the Week of Awesome II jam a few weeks back (and finished 4th! yay!).I've already explained my reasons to participate in this event, and one of t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
V2.00! (Easy Mode) - By Orymus3
Just thought I'd give everybody a rest and fix the controls.You can now play the 'Easy ' mode!Notable changes:- Increased the mass of the car- Reduced angular drag of the car- Drastically increased...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 hours ago
Code for loading TMX level maps, using Json (and marmalade renderer) - By Sotos
It's a pain to create levels, unless you have a level editor that is.Luckily, for 2D games, there are free editors out there like Tiled ( http://www.mapeditor.org/ ).I needed to have a tool to hel...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 14 hours ago
I Am Dolphin - Kinect Prototype - By Promit
I'd hoped to write up a nice post for this, but unfortunately I haven't had much time lately. Releasing a game, it turns out, is not at all relaxing. Work doesn't end when you hit that submit butto...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
The LEAN Business Model - By liquiddark
I'm doing a pre-incubator business class/program at the Genesis Centr e here in St. John's, and I'm actually learning a fair bit along the way. At the moment my big challenge is proving the working...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Our New Game: I Am Dolphin - By Promit
After an incredibly long time of quiet development, our new game, I Am Dolphin, will be available this Thursday, October 9th, on the Apple/iOS App Store. This post will be discussing the background...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
The building of Caveman - part 6 - data structures - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - part 6 - data structuresWhen i first got into programming as my major, my biggest fear was that I'd end up as a database programmer. Turns out I became a gamedev. But i s...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Week of Awesome II - Post Mortem - By stu_pidd_cow
So this is a summary of my feelings about my game “Little Jimmy”, or like whatever. So read it and take my bad advice.What Went Right? The Idea Whether you think the idea is “fun” or not is up fo...
Epilogue - A Post-Mortem on "The Life of Phillip Morris" - By Orymus3
Epilogue - A Post-Mortem "That chilling moment when I have learned the truth, and suddenly, my car became nothing more than a toy. I had lost innocence on that day, and I fought tooth and na...
The building of Caveman - Part 5 - General code organization - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 5 - General code organizationThis is the general code organization used in Caveman:void main:----------------initprogrunprogendproginitprog------------------init z3d...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Week of Awesome: The Final Haul - By Mussi
Hey everyone,This week has been a blast! I was barely able to deliver anything, but I managed to get a grand total of 1 minute of simple gameplay in there http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_e...
End of day seven - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Alrighty, here's my entry: [Download .zip file from Dropbox] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byq6HBvCUAAlEgo.png Man, this was really tiring. I had to vastly shift the gameplay mechanics earlier toda...
Moved to GitHub! - By TheChubu
Small update, moved the repo to GitHub, and config files. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities, Com...
Week of Awesome II - Day 7 - By stu_pidd_cow
Time’s up! I haven’t actually done much in the past 24 hours because I’m currently being butchered by the flu. I was going to do a post-mortem for this post but I might do it tomorrow instead. I di...
Chapter 7 - Delivery! - By Orymus3
Chapter 7 Here we are, the competition is finally over!Here is my Build .(I've hosted in for convenience, so I can easily issue new builds as the day progresses until the Final countdown elapses.)...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Week of Awesome II - Day 6 - By stu_pidd_cow
Today’s post is a bit late, but worth the wait. I spent the day mostly finishing levels, adding sounds, some animation, a better user interface to find which toys are selected and a whole lot of bu...
End of day 6 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Well, we're coming down to it. Not sure I'll be able to make it (though I'll submit whatever I do have by the deadline). I'mma gonna havta pull an all-nighter to make sure I actually submit somethi...
Chapter 6 - By Orymus3
Chapter 6 There we are, tomorrow is the final day, therefore day 6 was critical: whatever I did not complete today simply won't be in the final game.So what DID I get in? - Sounds: That was my prim...
Week of Awesome: Day 3 - By Mussi
Hey guys and galls,This is my third day working on my game and even though I still have a few hours to go, I wanted to post an update as I didn't work on the game yesterday. Had to work for 9 hours...
more raypicks! raycast line of sight test - By Norman Barrows
more raypicks! raycast line of sight testI just posted some code to my Caveman journal that includes some raycast code for line of sight checks:http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1730/entry-2260249-new-av...
New Avian AI done + yet more raycaster / raypickcode! - By Norman Barrows
New Avian AI doneThe new Avian AI has been implemented.There are just a few remaining tasks to complete, and then the AI will be refactored, with the new orders features added.first off, i still ha...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
A Publisher/Subscriber - Signal/Slot - Event/EventHandler implementation - By Sotos
In the old days, C++ didn't have any concept of events and delegates. One had to implement it by using function pointers and other gimicks.This is an attempt of mine at implementing them, including...
Chapter 5 - By Orymus3
Chapter 5 Day 5 was the last day to implement any new gameplay element and was also supposed to be 'audio day'.Therefore, I can say I am 50% successful on day 5.I've successfully implemented nearly...
Week of Awesome II - Day 5 - By stu_pidd_cow
I was hoping to release some sort of playable prototype today but, yeah... life.I actually have all of my levels in and I think they all work properly (I haven't done much testing yet). I also got...

PARTNERS