• Create Account

Game Design

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
Review of Legend of Grimrock 2 (Video Game) - By ShiftyCake
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Almost Human, 2014) is a role-playing action game with puzzle aspects modelled after classic 1980s and 1990 role-playing action games. The game is a dungeon crawler that uses...
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 53 minutes ago
In progress - By alfith
The system to get objects moving along a path is done. The path interpolation can be linear between the control points or following a b-spline. The orientation can be fixed or also following the pa...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 11 hours ago
Core Game loops + awesome concepts = $millions$ (and screenshots) - By Protheus99
I spoke to several good friends of mine about this project and to a man they are all excited and know it's going to be awesome but ... they believe that while I am doing good work here, I am not b...
Digging deeper into firms to understand the future - By Protheus99
Phase 8 - It's raining details (firms part 2) In Phase 7 I focused on firms located outside of the cities, in this update I will focus on the firms inside the cities. I thought about it long and...
The Firms that will take over the world - By Protheus99
Phase 7 - Now we are getting dirty dirty in details Before I move on I forgot to define one more constant which is - Land value per acre: The basic measure will be an acre and the smallest divis...
Cities are the core of everything and here is what I see for them! - By Protheus99
Phase 6 - Can we really simulate everything ? Oh yes we can ! A true simulation has to be based on assumptions. While we can try to simulate life we are clearly lacking in resources and variables...
Economic simulation oh yeah have some - By Protheus99
So far so good, I have lot's of great information up and I am going to continue to post here almost like a game diary. Might have to create a blog to host this instead. Anyone that has ideas or sug...
Modern gangsters - part 2 - By Protheus99
Phase 3 - Merging the two parts to create something real During this phase we will start merging the meta and battle parts to create a full game. - Introducing the concept of traveling: While go...
Modern gangsters - phase 1 - By Protheus99
Here are some additional details as to the development plan I envision. Phase 1 - Building the meta game Create a copy of the basic game dopewars - https://github.com/cnavrides/dopeWars This g...
I can't do this without you and here is why your going to help me! - By Protheus99
Hi guys, I have been on this forum a while now and I am final ready to contribute and wow do I have a big one. My project is large in scope and requires someone with vision and skill that won't gi...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 1 hour ago
Unity Tile Map Editor - By CRYP7IK
Recently I started a game with a friend which required a tile map, the following is a series of the editor progress.So first I got a basic layout of the UI: Then a pluggable menu bar (Inherit from...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 13 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 5 - By arka80
Some updates here: you can now grab things from the ground. Currently, you can grab mushrooms (if you have the ability "gather plants") and pieces of meat (if you have the ability "hunt for meat" a...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 19 minutes ago
Native Binary Project: Day Whatever - By ApochPiQ
I continue to hack on the Epoch compiler, slowly shaping it into a powerhouse of executable binary generation. So far I've gotten the program string table and DLL import table built in a flexible a...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 2 hours ago
Space distortion update - By CulDeVu
(Again, sorry for imgur image links. I really need to figure out how to embed image files)So far, I've been making pretty good progress. After a day and a half of mulling the problem over, I manage...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 21 hours ago
Bringing this blog back to life - By CulDeVu
(Just as a pre-appology, sorry about the image links. Are you even able to attach images in Journals?)So I've decided to bring this blog back to life. When I originally started messing around wit...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 14 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 4 - By arka80
I could name this entry "Monsters & Items" and stop writing. But I will not. I like to explain. I found that keep these records is a really useful mental help, since it gives me close milestone...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 hours ago
Rewrite ALL the things! - By ApochPiQ
OK so I'm not really rewriting everything ... just... a lot of it.The current runtime infrastructure for Epoch is precarious at best, and desperately needs some improvements. There are a number of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 12 hours ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 3 - By arka80
Focus of this session of work was to define the gameover condition and manage the death and reborn of the character. Mission accomplished, even if in a very rough state.There are two ways for die:...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 2 - By arka80
At the end of 8 more hours of coding I've got the following:some refactorgui system startedtransition between world and area mapminimal area map generatormovement in the wilderness And a couple of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Week 4 - By Misantes
Hey everyone,This week I didn't get a whole lot done. I agreed to work on a little side project with a friend, so spent much of the week learning javascript and the phaser engine syntax. However, I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Slimming down the Epoch runtime and improving program start times - By ApochPiQ
Right now a big limitation of the Epoch program execution model is the fact that .EXEs generated by the compiler are not in fact native binaries. They are compact bytecode wrapped in a thin shim th...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 1 - By arka80
So project has started http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif .First I setted a working environment, with all the linkage and the bitbucket repo working, and an emp...

PARTNERS