• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Visual Arts

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 22 hours ago
Isometric balance - By polyfrag
Much work later, I achieved a balance that can continue indefinitely, breaking my previous record of 79+ hours, this time without any adjustments or intervention. What does this mean? This means I...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 20 hours ago
Videos - By alfith
Hello.I uploaded the 3 videos I currently have of the game development.The first one is the old terrain + paths test:- infinite terrain- terrain "patch" system to create craters- random tree placem...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 19 hours ago
Good update on internals, new levels peace of cake - By cozzie
Hi.Just a short update after some nice improvements last 3 to 4 days.I've designed and implemented my scenemanager and gamebase classes.Meaning I've got great flexibility now and adding now levels...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 8 hours ago
Texturing experiments - By JTippetts
So, lately I've been getting back into working on Goblinson Crusoe. I've got the core working again (except for particle systems), but I've allowed myself to be sidetracked. In my previous journal...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 7 hours ago
The Mechanical Heart: Room Generation - By dsm1891
http://uploads.gamedev5.net/gallery/album_894/gallery_209611_894_263612.png The Mechanical Heart Development Blog Sorry for the laps in journals lately I have recently (by recently I mean 4 mon...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 7 hours ago
The Harvest: Farm System v1 - By riuthamus
It has been a busy month for us due to the conversion to Unity 5.0. Finally, we have some progress worth showing. Goss has been hard at work adding in the old systems and ensuring they are clean/ti...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 8 hours ago
A billion chimneys and more CSG fun - By eppo
The thing with architecture is that so much about it is up to whim and any procedural creation algorithm needs to be guided by a large amount of rules and grammars before it'll know how to churn ou...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Playing around with environment lighting mockups - By Servant of the Lord
I've been playing around in Paint Shop Pro to mockup different environment lightings. These are conceptual (they aren't in-game): http://puu.sh/gGSr4/c1948952f0.png This is stylistic practice for...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
A quick update. march 19th 2015 - By Norman Barrows
While I wait for a build, I thought I'd do a quick update. Its been too long since I posted a progress report.I've been play testing the game a lot recently. About one game year so far with the sa...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Om - By Aardvajk
Thought rather than posting random stream of conciousness updates about the Om scripting language, I'd try and post a bit more of a structured introduction to the syntax today. Will write some stuf...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
LightWave - Phase 1 finished. - By slicer4ever
Today i'd like to talk about a new framework i've been working on. Honestly i expect myself to be the only person to ever reasonable use this framework, but it is a challenge that i one day hope wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Finished menu's and leaderboard - By cozzie
Hi all.Just a short update on the progress;- finished the menu's including scaling, meaning that in all chosen resolutions, the menu's scale up nicely now- the user can now switch screen resolution...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Om scripting progress - By Aardvajk
Flying along with the scripting language. Have implemented Array types as well as Object types now. Example of some of the things you can do:var o ={ var x = [ 10, 20, "hello" ]; var f =...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Data permanence (or a lack thereof) - By swiftcoder
When Google VP Vint Cerf warned that increased dependence on technology could lead to a ‘digital dark age’ , he merely echoed the concern of everyone involved in the preservation of information in...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Fluid simulation and swimming - By Ashaman73
Time to show something off http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Recently I worked on the fluid simulation in Gnoblins. Until now fluids in Gnoblins were merely a vis...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Threading and the ANL - By JTippetts
Some time back I wrote about how I had started an experimental branch of the Accidental Noise Library that uses a sort of virtual machine that executes a linear vector of instructions, rather than...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
3D model - By alfith
Hi,I did a lot of work in the game these days. Now, I can export meshes from Blender, read description files for fonts, materials, objects, levels and render the level. Everything still needs a lot...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Level completion animation - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!Another week has passed, and more features have been added into my game. Today, I have found some time to create the end of level animation.I have drawn my inspiration heavily from casu...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Side Project - Om Script - By Aardvajk
I'm working on a side project alongside my game, a dynamically typed scripting language for execution on a virtual machine. It will become part of the game eventually but its a fun project in its o...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Menu's and state management added - By cozzie
Just a short update.Last few nights I've been working on adding the (game) state manager and setting up the menu structure.Also decided on the name of the game, it'll be 'BooH' http://public.gamede...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Fences + Farm - By riuthamus
Since the drop of Unity 5.0 we have decided to rework our entire setup. This process will be an annoying one but will provide us with some well overdue cleaning. We added in the farm system and rev...
Environemnt agents come to the rescue - By Ashaman73
In the previous posting ServantOfLord mentioned, that water could be interact with objects like torches. From a technical perspective it comes down to checking masses of objects. In the past I alre...
Workin' on the editor - By Servant of the Lord
Progress is picking up again on my 2D RPG game. I never stopped working on the game's engine/editor, but progress was mostly non-visual and slow-moving progress. The engine uses 'layers' (and 'floo...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Musing about swimming... - By Ashaman73
In gnoblins I use a dynamic water system, that is, some areas are flooded, you can flood or drain them. The question is now, how do your minionsor other creatures react to water ? This is no trivia...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
The Harvest ( Post Contest ) - By riuthamus
It has been some time since I have posted a journal update (due to moving to Hawaii) but I plan to change that this week. I would show off some video but we have been busying converting everything...

PARTNERS