• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Visual Arts

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 5 hours, 55 minutes ago
Alpha release delivered - By cozzie
Hi everybody.I want to take you on a trip through the development of my 2nd game ever. Note that the 1st was just a 'simple' Asteroids clone, though completely finished with difficulties, levels an...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 16 hours ago
Gnoblins is on facebook now - By Ashaman73
...so check it out: http://www.facebook.com/Gnoblins
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 minutes ago
Entities can be a plain integer too! - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest features of dustArtemis, int based entities and component pooling. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenc...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Thought about PIMPL - By Aardvajk
Was just thinking about using some PIMPL in a project I'm working on and had a thought about avoiding the (probably irrelevant) cost of having to new the implementation for a value class.Would this...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
They are still alive... - By Ashaman73
I mean the Gnoblins http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/wub.png After such a long time of silence I have some news and something new to watch.http://public.gamedev5.net//pub...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 18 hours ago
Me and my shadow... - By Aardvajk
So I finally got to working on the shadow mapping and making it a bit more sophisticated. Previously I was only casting shadows directly down from above and only casting onto surfaces which were f...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Old entries - By polyfrag
After looking at old entries I wrote, I discovered I found them quite interesting and valid. I found them in my external hard drive.Oct 8 2013Why gamesTuesday Oct. 8 2013Why are games not a waste,...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
It Lives! - By Aardvajk
Its been a busy week for both me and my game. In real life news, I have finally managed to find myself a nice flat in a very nice part of our town, for a reasonable rent and will be back to having...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Last one - By alfith
Yesterday, I did the AT-AT. It was not very difficult: small amount of parts, only a few are really small, assembly is not acrobatic. The result is still convincing I think. For a bit of explanati...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Economy RTS exploration - By polyfrag
http://youtu.be/SnpFr6jEp0Q
Making my own SpriteFont implementation - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone.So it's been a little while since my last journal entry. Various things about the internals of Firework Factory were annoying me so in true programmer fashion i had to spend some time r...
Economy Planner exploration - By polyfrag
<lj-embed id="8" />Source
Economy Planner fog of war - By polyfrag
<lj-embed id="7" />Source
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
An example of a big change in Caveman - By Norman Barrows
An example of a big change to CavemanI've been playtesting a lot recently.Drawing objects in an avatar's hands in animationsis the next thing on the todo list - and that's justeye candy. I'm into g...
PortAudio - By polyfrag
PortAudio is useful for getting microphone input on different platforms but there's no iPhone/android support.Source
Names - By polyfrag
The challenge in coding is coming up with logical names for variables and functions, is it not?Source
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
3D vs. isometric - By polyfrag
Switching to isometric project after the Greenlight campaign didn't go so well. There's several problems with 3D. Making it 3D requires me to make the appearance of buildings from all sides, which...
Journal purpose - By polyfrag
As said, this journal is to track progress, track thoughts, and get a sense of accomplishment. I keep deleting stuff because I keep thinking I'm being too chatty and spamming. I need to stop thinki...
Hello from COMP 2617 - By polyfrag
This class is teh bore.Source
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Light Metal Universe - By alfith
Hello.Still no game screenshot for today but I finished two metal models: I had to use tweezers (some parts are 1-2mm wide) and various sizes of screwdrivers (to shape the cylinders).Two more to g...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Realm Crawler Design Summary - By Casey Hardman
This is a quick explanation of the basics of the game.There's more to be said and explained, but rather than dumping the whole design here right away, I'm going to reveal it as I implement and play...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 22 hours ago
Roguelike - mouse control and side project - By coremarq
ROGUELIKE - INTERFACE CHANGE Small update for the roguelike project, well sorta. Im changing all the controls to a mouse based design and ditching the conventional keyboard shortcuts. Inventory and...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
My Code for Doing Two Things That Sooner or Later You Will Want to do with Bezier Curves - By jwezorek
I just added full cubic bezier curve support to the vector tessellation creation tool I am developing (see here ). I’ll include some video at the end of this post showing this feature in action but...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Staying Grounded - By Aardvajk
We all know how important staying grounded is in life, and it is as important for a character controller, especially in an environment with sloping floors.The problem with constantly applying grav...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Greenlight! - By O-san
Hello! Great news! Medieval Story has been greenlit! Since I don’t update this journal as often as I should there might be readers wondering what Medieval Story is about. Well, here’s a short summ...

PARTNERS