• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Visual Arts

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 20 hours ago
Untitled Escher Game Update - By jwezorek
I’ve decided my “ untitled Escher game “, i.e. Zoop on a double logarithmic spiral, is going to be named “Draak”, which is the Dutch word for dragon. The title bears no relation to the game bey...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 8 hours ago
Starting my Journal - By lask1
I'm restarting my journal...not like I had anything before restarting,I have released a game, I am continuing to work on a few other projects and I am searching for a job. Other than that I think t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Caveman 3.0 Beta 12 released! - By Norman Barrows
Caveman 3.0 Beta 12 released!PLAY NOW!http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php Game info:http://rocklandsoftware.net/Caveman.php New for beta 12:---------------------------------------------* refactore...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Developing a small game with built-in level editor! - By YodamanJer
It has been a long time since I've posted anything in this journal, in fact I sort of forgot about its existence! Won't do that again. :)I'm not sure how many people are familiar with it, but I'm u...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Game Development Cabin Fever - By Dialock
Winter hasn't even officially started in my hemisphere and I cant help but feel it never ended from last year. I'm not talking about being trapped by snow though. I'm dealing with a project. It w...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 hours ago
Empires in Ruins - Title track OST - Red Dew Hellpipes - By EmpiresInRuins
Hello guys, a short update while we struggle on the teaser trailer and on the GUI for the alpha version.We finally got us the game title track, recorded and mixed by the guys from Red Dew Hellpipes...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Winding things up - By Aardvajk
Started experimenting with having the grapple rope wind around objects in the world, and got a bit carried away :)I think it is working okay, although hard to be sure. At the moment there is no wa...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Roguelike - Download Build 055 - By coremarq
Well I'll admit it, I haven't had much time at all for the project. Finally sat down a couple days ago and got working on it. Then one night while playing Path of Exile I got the urge to work on an...
< Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 8 hours ago
Building a users base, extending your reach, where to start from - By EmpiresInRuins
This is a short summary of how we begun spreading our Empires in Ruins. We went public on the 22nd of October after almost 2 years of development (thinking back we might have starter earlier, but o...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Breaking your engine/game... - By Ashaman73
It is a very long time since I last posted about gnoblins (almost 2 years). After a major shift in the game design and some major refactoring actions, I'm stablilzing the gameplay at the moment. I...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Wrap 2.3 (Awesome topology tool) - By Tutorial Doctor
I was browsing on make human and came across a video of this tool that lets you wrap topology of a model around a 3d scan.http://vimeo.com/101497043
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Good Vibrations - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog One of the biggest problems with creating 2D games is adding weight to the players actions, if you are not careful the controls can feel 'floaty' or light. G...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Return Clockwork - By polyfrag
My economy works! So far I've run it 79+ hours, adjusting and saving here and there. I've fixed bugs that prevented it from continuing longer, in pathfinding and corner cases. Right now I need to d...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Entities and tracking their components - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest feature of dustArtemis, fixed length bit sets for component tracking! dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-lice...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Swinging on a Spring - By Aardvajk
I've got the basics of a spring mass working as a rope now. It needs a fair bit of tweaking but it works okay, as evidenced by this poor quality video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxwk66hEFWw...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Tooltip system on uGUI Unity 4.6 - By EmpiresInRuins
Here we go, it took some pain as we only begun using uGUI less than a couple of weeks ago, but we managed to develop a functional tooltips system. It might still be improved and polished and the co...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 hours ago
A vertex occlusion baking guide - By eppo
'alloFinally got around to add an ambient occlusion baker to the pipeline.I'm baking it all to vertex maps, as these give generally good results and avoid the hassle and memory demands of having to...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 8 hours ago
Bret Victor on the Future of Programming - By Tutorial Doctor
Bret Victor seems to think that the future of programming will be more node-based too. This guy is awesome by the way.http://vimeo.com/71278954
Developer Journal - 1 month, 11 hours ago
Computer Programming: Disorganized Complexity - By Tutorial Doctor
The one thing that has plagued me is the disorganized complexity of the whole computer programming situation. Gist, Gits, Stack Overflow, Gamedev.net, IRC freenode, branches, forks, etc. There are...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Project Restart - By Aardvajk
Having a day off work today and have decided to dump my 2.5D grappling hook game and restarted my 3D platformer.I'm doing all the physics myself in this one. I have the levels loading from the edi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Rebellious Provinces - Designing - By EmpiresInRuins
"Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat caltrops and piss flaming oil and I can put an arrow in a flea's ass at 200 meters. So why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I p...
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Fun Updates this week - By Misantes
Hey all,For the first time in several weeks, I was able to get a decent amount done with the game. Most notably, the UI is now clickable and interactive, a tile flipping mechanic was added to the g...
< Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...

PARTNERS