Visual Arts

Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 8 hours, 55 minutes ago
The building of caveman part 4 - The Z game library - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - Part 4Z3D - The low level generic game development librarySo far i had a wrapper for the dx9 fixed function pipeline, and arender queue and state manager desigend to feed...
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 9 minutes ago
Caveman v3.0 progress report, April 20th 2014. - By Norman Barrows
Caveman 3.0 progress report April 20th 2014Work on Caveman continues. Its down to high level features and polishing. Currently, the quest generator is under construction, with 14 types of quests im...
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 42 minutes ago
Stuff - By JTippetts
My schedule lately is one that can be summed up by two simple words: crushing exhaustion. A change of career (unfortunate, but necessary) has initiated a period of long shifts and a somewhat higher...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 21 hours ago
Further CharacterController developments - By Aardvajk
Still driving myself mad with character controllers. Hopefully a bit of progress this morning though.Part of the issue is locking the character to the floor, so that we only need to apply gravity w...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 4 hours ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /11 - 4/18 Say hello to new journal author Truerror !Project Updates et1337 makes games - et1337 made one last push this past week for Lemma...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 7 hours ago
My Study on Fuzzy Logic - By Tutorial Doctor
So, someone recently (perhaps accidentally) introduced me to the term "fuzzy logic," and this is what I have been looking for! I am having a sort of hard time wrapping my head around how it works e...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 15 hours ago
RuinValor on Greenlight - By riuthamus
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248222520 RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (an...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 20 hours ago
Back to CharacterControllers - By Aardvajk
Dumped the 2D game. It was going okay technically but just wasn't fun to play so had to make the decision to scrap it.Back determined to write a 3D platform game again, so back to grappling with a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Getting Back on the Horse. - By Plethora
Well, here we are. It's about 10 months since I last posted an entry in this journal, and that entry was all about sticking with it and not dropping things. Does this qualify as irony? http://pu...
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /4 - 4/11. Project Updates RADICAL HEROES: CRIMSON CITY CRISIS - MAD UNICORN GAMES is prepping for the release of Crimson City Heroes on De...
Game Update #8 - By riuthamus
http://www.ruinvalor.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gorgane_post_001.jpg It has been a while since this blog has been updated and we are very sorry about that. Some of you might have hear...
Status Update - 1 week, 3 days ago
Nyphoon Games
Where did the last hour go? Blame it on #IndieDevHour! Rendez-vous next week! Was great meeting new developers and discovering new projects!
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Gorgane, one last time - By riuthamus
Pretty sure this is my last correction to the gorgane! I think it turned out well so far, what do you think?http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_371/gallery_1_371_3526243.gif
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Figuring Out Minimalism - Part 1 - By Nyphoon Games
Originally posted on http://nyphoon.com/ First impressions matter more than we admit. As gamers, we base our initial verdict on the video game's artistic style. Even while watching a video revie...
Status Update - 2 weeks, 4 hours ago
EmmetCooper
Sony has "Sintel" by the Blender Foundation removed by infringement. what are your comments on this?
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Personal plug: if you like space and/or you like Kerbal Space Program, be sure to follow @KSA_MissionCtrl , it's starting to take off quite nicelyOk, here are your Journal Land entries from the per...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
3D modelling again - By Aardvajk
Just a quick image of the kind of model it is now getting possible (dare I say, easy and fun) to create with Charm now a lot of the irritations are being ironed out. Nothing like writing a piece of...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Part 3 - getting a handle on directx - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 3 - Getting a handle on directxGetting up to speed:So i was going to be using directx and visual studio c++. All fine and good,but i hadn't written a line of code in...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 8 hours ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 3 /24 - 3/30. Don't forget I skipped a week and two weekends while I was away for GDC so be sure to skim back through journals as well.Stop by...
< Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
The Building of Caveman - part 2. What to build, and tool selection - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - part 2.What to build, and how?What to build? thats the first of a million questions to be answered when building a game.Well, the answer turns out to be pretty simple:you...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
The Building of Caveman - Part 1 - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman, Part 1in this series of posts i will explain the process of making the game Caveman v3.0. What was done and why.this is done in hopes that it may help others in their quest...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
What's been up - By polyfrag
Programming is a real pain. I think it's because I have to keep so much in my head (let's call it RAM). Try figuring out what you should change in 40,000 lines of code.I'm keeping a dev log at http...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
A day in the life... - By Norman Barrows
A day in the life...This will give you an idea of what its like to be an indie.Tasks to be done on the project go on the "todo list". once they're completed, they're moved to the "done list".here'...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
The basic game is DONE! - By Norman Barrows
that's right...after taking a break and evaluating skyrim, my motivation levels were back up. A final push, and as of 7pm eastern time, march 24th 2014, the basic game is done!and my original estim...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
On Being an Indie - By Nyphoon Games
Originally posted on http://nyphoon.com/ There has to be something - a part of it which makes it so special. Some may call it passion, others label it as the creationist spirit lying within man....

PARTNERS