Visual Arts

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 19 hours ago
Simple stuff: Creating a spawner in UE4 using C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This weeks simple project was to create an effective enemy spawner in UE4 using C++. I already had a simplistic blueprint version of this, but it had some bugs which were causing crashe...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 13 hours ago
Ragdoll - It begins... (with two edits and new vids since posting) - By Aardvajk
Following my last, rather angry, post about trying to get the Bullet constraints to work, I took a step back and breathed deeply for a while, then figured out where I was going wrong.In short, you...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Breaking the cycle - By VirginRed
The Trouble With Tiles All of Epistory’s levels start as an isometric RPG in Tiled (as explained in this prior article ). This is a great foundation to build on - but it brings some technical li...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Rewriting the AI Controller in C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So it's been a while since i last posted a blog entry. It has been an extremely busy time for me, tweaking and improving the performance and design of my game. I have finally moved on f...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Multithreading! - By mousetail
Been a bit buizy with school, but found enough time to make a system where the level is generated in a separate process. The idea is that I can use that later to pregenerate the next level while st...
September update: the new mining interface - By Ashaman73
Here is the September developer log. This time I'm showing off the development of the mining interface over several versions. Even if the current interface version seems to be a logical way to appr...
Pongout 0.83 WIP - By fastcall22
Well, it's about time I posted some progress pics of the game I've been working on the past month or so. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Pongout is a crossover...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Working on the Quest Map - By JTippetts
Lately I've been working on the quest map. The quest map will be accessible from a special kind of workbench, the Map Table, that you can construct as part of your base. Using the Map Table will br...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Rag Doll progress - By Aardvajk
http://youtu.be/ifBFUFTW8UMThis is without doubt the most fiddly bloody thing I've ever tried to do, but we are making some slow progress. Generating a rag doll from the mesh skeleton.I do not unde...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Facebook - By Arthur Souza
Hey guys,In my efforts to come back to posting I've started a facebook page!You can now hit me up at https://www.facebook.com/stuffgamestudio :DDDD
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Hinges - By Aardvajk
http://youtu.be/reiH3BaHcY4In my preparation for rag doll animation, something has been troubling me.What I will want to do is start the rag doll in whatever pose the character is from the animatio...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Our next project: Yorg - By fla
Hello everybody!I'm coming back to you after a (long) while...As some of you may have seen, Plith is now a complete game and is giving me some satisfactions. I was so happy of this first experimen...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Constraints - By Aardvajk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZzOyF3SqQ&feature=youtu.beI'm pushing forward with adding the constraints system to my "engine/game/whatever" now. Bullet provides a comprehensive range of cons...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 14 hours ago
evo's Game Jam and thoughts on organization - By JTippetts
So, evolutional recently challenged himself with his own personal game jam . In the process he created a simple clone of an existing game, 2048. He used the opportunity to work the rust out of some...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Automating Action & Reaction - By VirginRed
Automating Action & Reaction A tale of candy distribution. Introduction Most games can be reduced to a series of actions and reactions. Today I would like to share with you a way to facil...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Jumping Beans - By Aardvajk
Just a quick post to say I've added jumping states to the PC state machine now, finishing off the very basic movement system.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_HHbs-7zQIf the character is running w...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
Open sourcing my projects and blogging again - By Arthur Souza
Hello guys!I'm slowly returning to writing small articles and doing small modifications to my projects, and as a first step I decided to start releasing stuff I create on github.So the first piece...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Doors - By JTippetts
In response to input by Servant of the Lord and Eck in my previous entry on bridges , I made a change to how the hexmap tracks object IDs. The result is a system that has not only allowed me to do...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Character Controller - shadows, animated meshes and state machines - By Aardvajk
I've integrated an animated model as the main character since last time, created a nice, tidy state machine to handle the character states and added back in shadow mapping. Obligatory video showi...
Week Of Awesome III - Postmortem - By slicer4ever
This is my postmortem for the WoA III. I have been mulling over what many of the contestants have said, what has been discussed. I tried to reflect more on how to improve things for next year. The...
Bridges - By JTippetts
Spent a couple minutes today implementing constructable bridges:http://i.imgur.com/h6wSgLM.png Unfortunately, due to the way I handle units occupying hexes, the bridges are permanent. Only one comb...
Lich: Post Jam - By DifferentName
I'm going to continue working on Lich to make a full game, with more abilities and a world to explore.I started work on improving the art, trying to add better detail while keeping the simple feeli...
August Update (Version 0.2.40) - By Ashaman73
Here's the august update. This month I worked on improving the accessibility of the user interface. A lot of the more complex features have been moved on the main screen, especially the mining map...
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...