• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Visual Arts

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 18 hours, 32 minutes ago
New Project - By Aardvajk
Just a quick entry to say that the scripting engine is on hold while I start a new game project. Just been playing around getting normal mapping and specular lighting working with a single omnidir...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 14 hours ago
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up designan example of beautiful code using bottom up design.with this method, you start with the lowest level stuff, then add higher level layers until you have a su...
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down designan example of beautiful code.this was a result of top down design. IE high level routines fist, lowest level routines last.first, the algo was written in co...
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2 - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2another implementation example from caveman 3.0:this is the actual code that draws band members and NPCs in the game now. void draw_caveman2(int...
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation example - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation exampleAn implementation example from Caveman 3.0: // called by draw_skinmesh_caveman // draws eyeballs attached to the headbone with an offset.// to d...
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools // ----------------------------------- skinned mesh pool API ------------------------------------------- struct skinned_mesh_master{LP...
Skinned mesh code part 2 - Rockland skinned mesh API - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 2Rockland skinned mesh API // ------------------------ Rockland skinned mesh API -------------------------- // -------------------------------- load skinned mesh ---------...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 15 hours ago
Skinned mesh code part 1 - Low level Microsoft code - By Norman Barrows
skinned mesh code part 1low level Microsoft code from DXUT.h and tiny.cpp. June 2010 DX9.0c SDK. // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------// -------------...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
L Spiro on scene managers vs state managers - By Norman Barrows
L Spiro on scene managers vs state managersan excellent description of scene and state managers by L Spiro from a recent thread:A scene manager manages a scene in your game. A scene is any spaci...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
Servant of the Lord on inheritance vs composition - By Norman Barrows
Servant of The Lord on inheritance vs compositiona very lucid explanation of inheritance vs composition by Servant of the Lord, from a recent thread:Classes should favor composition over inher...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 22 hours ago
XML loading working - By mousetail
I hate these types of improvements since you can't even see them at the surface, in fact, the game has become worse since I haven't moved all the old monsters to the new system yet. I have basic fu...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 22 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #5: Concepts Art and wallpapers to download! - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Concepts Art and wallpapers to download! Hello fox riders and welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our monsters last time y...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 20 hours ago
Gameplay update - By Ashaman73
So, the month is almost over and no update up-to-now. There’s not much to show off. For one I was on vacation, on the other hand I play tested a lot and refined/rebalanced the game play.The gamepla...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
The Week of Awesome? Last year , I took part in the Week of Awesome II, explaining the reasons why I chose to join.As I've effectively just determined that I'll be joining up for the Week of Awesom...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Fluffy Friday #4: Meet the Monsters - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Meet the Monsters Hello fox riders and welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our burning brambles gifs last time you can che...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Provinces management engine - By EmpiresInRuins
http://www.empiresinruins.com/sgl4.png We continue in detailing the mechanics of the turn based management game component by analyzing what happens, step by step, with the start of a new tu...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Common Shading Language - By imoogiBG
The saga started here : http://www.gamedev.net/topic/668484-hlsl-and-glsl-wraping-again/#entry5234746 Basically I want a clean way to be able to use one shader program with multiple rendering APIs....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Empires in Ruins - Blast from the past - By EmpiresInRuins
http://www.empiresinruins.com/PromoNuovo.png Hello guys, after a huge break from writing here we decided to start again. A lot of things happened in the while: we went through a Kickstarter and f...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 16 hours ago
Rearangements and utilites - By mousetail
So, I am trying to implement the XML. In the process, like usual, I got distracted by other stuff, like building a GUI for making combat maps. This small program (195 lines of code) allows you to d...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Ranged potion throwing - By mousetail
Now, I am 2 days behind schedule, but throwing potions works mostly. The idea was that if you threw a potion at a monster, it would explode and apply the potion effect to all monsters inside the ra...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Niklas Frykholm's articles on Managing Decoupling - By Norman Barrows
Niklas Frykholm's articles on Managing DecouplingI just stumbled across this excellent series of articles right here on gamedev...http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Fun with bones in Unity - By VirginRed
The inception A while back, after slowly becoming mad tweaking animations and movement behavior on our avatar, I decided to have some simple fun with Unity. See where the limit was and what’s pos...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Ranged combat kinda working, and cheats - By mousetail
I was not looking forward to doing the re-structuralization required for making ranged combat work, so I made a cheat system first. In the process, I found some bugs in the way the game decided...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 23 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #3: Burning brambles - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Burning brambles. Welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our Critters gifs last week you can check them here . Fluffy...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Vertex Shaders and Textures for YAGSS - By fastcall22
This a continuation of the Yet Another Generic Space Shooter (YAGSS) game.Most of the graphics programming I've learned has been done through software rendering and fixed-function OpenGL, so I wasn...

PARTNERS