• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Music and Sound

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Bret Victor on the Future of Programming - By Tutorial Doctor
Bret Victor seems to think that the future of programming will be more node-based too. This guy is awesome by the way.http://vimeo.com/71278954
Developer Journal - 1 day, 7 hours ago
Computer Programming: Disorganized Complexity - By Tutorial Doctor
The one thing that has plagued me is the disorganized complexity of the whole computer programming situation. Gist, Gits, Stack Overflow, Gamedev.net, IRC freenode, branches, forks, etc. There are...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 18 hours ago
Moving to MonoGame and Planning the AI - By CC Ricers
I guess it's pretty soon after my last journal entry, but I've been quick at progress with my game code the past couple of days. First of all I finally got the Entity-Component System code working...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 15 hours ago
From Puppies to Bullets: real-time pixels and CES - By CC Ricers
Moving right into making a new game to revive my C# and XNA skills, I decided to go with a top-down view shooter. I already have a code base to start with, which includes some basic AI. The AI is a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Returning to form? - By CC Ricers
What's going on everyone! I haven't touched this journal (or this website) for over a year. I also had a blog that I stopped updating for just as long. For those followers that still remember me, y...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
< Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
The Harvest: Aftermath - By riuthamus
So, after the end of the contest: Byte, Goss, and myself decided to move on with the project we had started. Telanor eventually joined as well and has been working on some of the more important sys...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Unity, here we come! - By Orymus3
Some of you may already be aware that I was part of the Week of Awesome II jam a few weeks back (and finished 4th! yay!).I've already explained my reasons to participate in this event, and one of t...
Videolog #7 - Answering questions & a 80's montage. - By bladderbloat
Even more time has gone since my last journal entry, but now I remember that making these is great because I can just write it all out since nobody near me could handle all this talk!We made anothe...
V2.00! (Easy Mode) - By Orymus3
Just thought I'd give everybody a rest and fix the controls.You can now play the 'Easy ' mode!Notable changes:- Increased the mass of the car- Reduced angular drag of the car- Drastically increased...
I Am Dolphin - Kinect Prototype - By Promit
I'd hoped to write up a nice post for this, but unfortunately I haven't had much time lately. Releasing a game, it turns out, is not at all relaxing. Work doesn't end when you hit that submit butto...
Our New Game: I Am Dolphin - By Promit
After an incredibly long time of quiet development, our new game, I Am Dolphin, will be available this Thursday, October 9th, on the Apple/iOS App Store. This post will be discussing the background...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Discretely Distributed Random Numbers in C# - By jwezorek
Random numbers generated from a discrete distribution are commonly needed in game development.By "discrete distibution" we just mean the roll you get from something like an unfair die, e.g. you wan...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
WOA2: Final thoughts - By riuthamus
Quick Thoughts: I saw the rest of the people posting these things called postmortem and I thought to myself, "Why? Did somebody die?" I realized shortly after what they were saying so I went to di...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Epilogue - A Post-Mortem on "The Life of Phillip Morris" - By Orymus3
Epilogue - A Post-Mortem "That chilling moment when I have learned the truth, and suddenly, my car became nothing more than a toy. I had lost innocence on that day, and I fought tooth and na...
Week of Awesome: The Final Haul - By Mussi
Hey everyone,This week has been a blast! I was barely able to deliver anything, but I managed to get a grand total of 1 minute of simple gameplay in there http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_e...
WOA2: Submission - By riuthamus
DOWNLOAD LINK: Dropbox Riuthamus.com CONTROLS: E - [Use to enter buildings]F - [Use to pickup and throw]1 - 4 [Sets the tool you wish to use]I - [Opens Inventory]Spacebar - [Press for action]**Pr...
WOA2: Submission - By riuthamus
DOWNLOAD LINK: Dropbox Riuthamus.com INSTRUCTIONS: http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_2/gallery_1_2_8780.png http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_2/gallery_1...
End of day seven - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Alrighty, here's my entry: [Download .zip file from Dropbox] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byq6HBvCUAAlEgo.png Man, this was really tiring. I had to vastly shift the gameplay mechanics earlier toda...
Moved to GitHub! - By TheChubu
Small update, moved the repo to GitHub, and config files. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities, Com...
WOA2: Down to the Wire - By riuthamus
We are merging all of our files now and making the final changes to the scene. With only a few hours left this is really cutting it close. We have something already in place but we are simply tryin...
Chapter 7 - Delivery! - By Orymus3
Chapter 7 Here we are, the competition is finally over!Here is my Build .(I've hosted in for convenience, so I can easily issue new builds as the day progresses until the Final countdown elapses.)...

PARTNERS