Music and Sound

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
Closed test session, could need some helping hands ! - By Ashaman73
I want to start a new closed test only available to a small, dedicated group of testers. If someone has interest in helping me out, send me a PM and I will give you the download link http://public....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 hour ago
Rendering Tree Sprites - By JTippetts
It's been awhile since I did anything 2D-related, and I'm a little bit worried that some of those particular hard-earned skills are starting to fade from my weak brain. Last night, I was talking wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Preparing my engine for Vulkan API - By Ashaman73
Looking at the vulkan api so far, it could solve many of my rendering performance issues in my engine. My engine was based on OpenGL 1.2, followed by a transition to OGL 2.0 and lot of extension la...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Shifting Gears - By riuthamus
So, been rather silent as of late. Life has taken a huge toll on me and more or less stripped most of my freetime away. What time I have had available I have tried to do as much gameDev as possible...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Shuffling class responsibilities - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest release of dustArtemis, which changes a bit the component handling.  dustArtemis  dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
January update: large creatures, polishing and preparing a closed test - By Ashaman73
Welcome to the January update.The focus of the last two month was the transition of the game from a developer version to something you should give someone for testing. That is polishing the art, th...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
ANL Expression Parsing - By JTippetts
Over the last several years, my noise library (ANL ) has been a sort of sink for whatever miscellaneous time I get in between work, kids, the house, game development, game playing, etc... It has ev...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 51 minutes ago
The 10 Suggestions. - By Alpheus
I think for anyone beginning to learn to game dev, you should heed the following Suggestions.I don't care how you do it; just do it.Your language doesn't matter. Your platform doesn't matter.Nothin...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 hours ago
How To Easily Stop The Steam Processes On Windows - By Code Fox
Steam, and all of it's child processes, may not seem like much for those that have fast internet and a higher end computer, but for me and many others it can be a pain in the arse. Steam ( and it's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
The yearly update! - By O-san
Be warned, this might not be your ordinary game development post.  The New Year has just settled in so I thought I would keep my record straight and at least post one journal update per year....
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Quick Opaque Pointer Example - By fastcall22
Hi there. Someone on the chat today was asking about the pimpl idiom, and I thought I'd write up a quick little example. The purpose of an opaque pointer is to move the the implementation specific...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Learning Blender - By fastcall22
Hi there! Long time no see. Been busy, but learning Blender. I figured if I knew my way around various GNU programs (GNU screen, less) and their keyboard shortcuts, how bad could Blender be? I've s...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Jasper's Place - By JTippetts
So, I haven't worked on GC in quite awhile. I've been playing a bit of Path of Exile lately, so my urge to play/work on a turn-based RPG is at a pretty low ebb.I typically play games at my PC in th...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Bandit's Shark Showdown - Can Video Games Help Stroke Victims? - By Promit
It's been a long time since I've posted, but with good reason. For the last couple months, I've been busy building our newest game: Bandit's Shark Showdown! Released as a launch title for Apple TV...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 weeks ago
If an RPG falls in a forest, but the trees suck, does anyone care? - By Servant of the Lord
My game, Of Stranger Flames, takes place in a fictional French colony settled in a heavily-wooden bit of terrain.Forested areas appeal to me greatly, so it makes sense to set my game in a forest.Th...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 22 hours ago
Adding the menu, loading screen and mini-map - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!It has been a busy month or so in the land of game development for me. My game has moved on to now having a proper menu system, a loading screen and asynchronous streaming levels. Along...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 days ago
On E-Sport: Pro-Gaming the most Engaging JOB in the world? - By Orymus3
Whether you like it or not, E-Sport has been rising steadily for the past 5+ years and has shown no sign of decline. Experts have studied long and hard the sources and effects of this phenomenon an...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
PlayFab Game Jam Postmortem - By swiftcoder
<p>A couple of weeks ago I participated in a 48-hour game jam hosted by PlayFab here in Seattle, with fellow procedural planet veteran <a href="http://alexcpeterson.com/ " target="_blan...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Lifelike, or the Joy of Killing Time via Breeding Little Squiggles - By jwezorek
A couple of weeks ago I got interested in this project but wanted full control of the code, wanted to know exactly what it is doing, wanted a bunch of features like the ability to import and expor...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 5 days ago
Simple stuff: Creating a spawner in UE4 using C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This weeks simple project was to create an effective enemy spawner in UE4 using C++. I already had a simplistic blueprint version of this, but it had some bugs which were causing crashe...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Fran Bow, post of mortem! - By bladderbloat
https://killmonday.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/tittlehead_small.png?w=660 Hello lovely gamers and developers! <3 I'm Natalia Figueroa, co-creator of Fran Bow and co-founder of Killmon...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Rewriting the AI Controller in C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So it's been a while since i last posted a blog entry. It has been an extremely busy time for me, tweaking and improving the performance and design of my game. I have finally moved on f...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
September update: the new mining interface - By Ashaman73
Here is the September developer log. This time I'm showing off the development of the mining interface over several versions. Even if the current interface version seems to be a logical way to appr...
Pongout 0.83 WIP - By fastcall22
Well, it's about time I posted some progress pics of the game I've been working on the past month or so. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Pongout is a crossover...

PARTNERS