• Create Account

We need your help!

We need 7 developers from Canada and 18 more from Australia to help us complete a research survey.

Support our site by taking a quick sponsored survey and win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

Music and Sound

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 days, 10 hours ago
August Update (Version 0.2.40) - By Ashaman73
Here's the august update. This month I worked on improving the accessibility of the user interface. A lot of the more complex features have been moved on the main screen, especially the mining map...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 18 hours ago
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 22 hours ago
Week of Awesome III - Post Mortem (dont read if you have soft feelings) - By riuthamus
WARNING: This might sound like a sore loser, but its not!! I am simply throwing out some constructive criticism. After spending two years doing this competition I have noticed some very odd thing...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 1 hour ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 14 hours ago
Urho3D and Pyrotechnics - By JTippetts
Urho3D's architecture is based on a component system. You may have heard the term. Essentially, Urho3D provides a hierarchy of Nodes, where each Node comprises a set of transforms (position, rotati...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Flame Shotgun - By JTippetts
In honor of Washu, I present to you the flame shotgun. http://i.imgur.com/E2iet5w.jpg And a shitty, low-res video of it in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UB3PGKkhe8&feature=youtu.be
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Hi - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/z1i13WE.jpg Creepers gonna creep. http://i.imgur.com/qybfbwV.jpg The swordsmen, I can probably take, but the three shaman are probably going to mess me up. If they don't murder e...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Forcing Consistent Console Properties in Windows - By fastcall22
This doesn't really belong as a gamedev.net article, so I'm posting this here.Introduction:If you spend most of your working day inside terminals like I do, then you might agree to having a consist...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Week of Awesome 3 - The End - By Onigiri Flash
[Disclaimer: This isn't really a post mortem of any kind. More akin to somber reflection of the past two weeks.]Well, I'm a little disappointed. Not really related to the game jam itself, but conce...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
7 days left to release our first game! - By bladderbloat
Just one week left to release our 3 year project Fran Bow. We managed to get it on steam through greenlight and GOG, so these will be the first places to find it. Later on we will start working on...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 18 hours ago
Post-Mortem on "Death is Useful" - By Orymus3
About the game"Death is Useful by Orymus" is a game developed exclusively for "the Week of Awesome III" gamejam event (#gdnjam).The player is prompted to play as a nameless protagonist (sphere) and...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Week of Awesome III - Post Mortem - By Mussi
The week of awesome is over, although it was more like day of awesome for me due to an extremely busy period of my life. If you haven't checked my game out yet, you can download it here , will prob...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
WoA 3: Day 7 (POST FAIL) - By riuthamus
Welp, rendering finally finished and we found out the problem. Point lights. They cause serious issues with the new rendering methods in Unity 5.0.Here is the final version (doesnt count for the co...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
WoA 3: Day 7 - By riuthamus
The bad: So, last night after making the video I decided to release another build. I went in and pushed a build and realized that the build time was taking 1 hour. I watched the build for another 3...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Week of Awesome III - Input and States - By Mussi
So I've gotten around to implementing input and a sort of state machine, For input I've implemented the Levenshtein distance algorithm to allow for typos or misspellings or even conjugations. It'l...
WoA 3: Day 6 pt2 - By riuthamus
This is the second portion of the journal for the day. I know this is the 7th day (tech.) but in Hawaii it is still the 6th day. I wanted to get out the video we had promised earlier in the day. Wh...
WoA 3: Day 6 pt1 - By riuthamus
So, beacuse there is going to be ALOT of work done today I wanted to make two journal entries. The first will be the progress that we have so far and more or less lay out where we want to go in the...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Week of Awesome III - Initial ground work - By Mussi
So, I've set up some initial ground work for my text based game. As I mentioned previously, I'm using the ImGui library. At the time of this posting there's no support for multi-line colored text,...
WoA 3: Day 5 - By riuthamus
The issues: While unity is simple to use, some of the finer features are annoying. Mechanim is giving us hell (doesnt help that Shadow is using Unity for the first time in a long time) and making i...
WoA 3: Day 5 - By riuthamus
The issues: While unity is simple to use, some of the finer features are annoying. Mechanim is giving us hell (doesnt help that Shadow is using Unity for the first time in a long time) and making i...
WoA 3: Day 4 - By riuthamus
Today has been somewhat productive. Sadly I do not have the time to make a video. I finished up work on the main menu screen and have started to work on some UI elements.http://www.bhslaughter.com/...
Day 5 - The End - By Orymus3
Day 5 Goals [s]- Find a simple [s]solution to avoid Purple overcrowding [s]- Package the build and test it under various conditions to insure judges are able to play it! I ended up findin...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Week of Awesome III - Preliminary - By Mussi
I wasn't planning on joining this year due to time constraints, but seeing everyone getting their game on got me so excited, I just had to get into the fray! Considering my limited time, I've decid...

PARTNERS