• Create Account

Music and Sound

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 51 minutes ago
Adding a skybox, collision detection and software cursor - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!I've found some time today to make further progress on Firework Factory, adding three things as mentioned in the title:Added AABB collision detection of boxes and particles, so that the...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 14 hours ago
Firework Factory - Junctions, Crates and Exits all playing nicely together - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,Another day, another journal entry!Today I have integrated a bunch of disparate parts of the game together, and we are finally reaching the point where all the unconnected parts start t...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 10 hours ago
Adding machines to the level - By braindigitalis
Hi all,Today I have managed to add machines to the level layout. The machines are the producers of the crates in the level, as seen in the video of the 2D version with cute smiley faces on top and...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Adding Biomes and Rivers - By CC Ricers
This week I have been working on adding more natural features- rivers and biomes (or at least the start of it). As part of making the world more varied and less same-y, I decided it's a good time t...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 11 hours ago
Firework Factory - Level Loading - By braindigitalis
Over the past few days i have been working on two things within the game as shown in the YouTube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP4j8kdIV7AThe first thing i have been working on is the input...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 19 hours ago
Useful debugging tools and features - By Ashaman73
Bug finding is one of the more frustrating tasks when coding a game. Just yesterday I hopefully hunted down a very frustrating bug, thought I hoped this already 3 times before.Sometimes bugs are re...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Procrastination & Distraction - By Saint Retro
Well I thought I'd get a good bit through my book today but no. My mind started to wander as it does but I think this is down to me wanting to know things in more depth which isn't always bad.I re...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Day/Night Cycle - By CC Ricers
Here's a quick update this time. This time I have implemented a day/night cycle for the game. It's not physically accurate but it looks good enough. This short video demonstrates it.https://www.you...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Full 3D Animation Course (Free) - By Tutorial Doctor
I have been digging deep to find resources to help me make better games. Here is a video course on Vimeo(downloadable) that will teach you the animation principles and apply them to 3D animations:h...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Map Making and Model Batching - By CC Ricers
It's now month two of the development of my SeedWorld engine and the game it will be used for. In the first month I have already made a lot of progress for it. The features I've done that month are...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Free Unity3D Alternative (Godot Engine) - By Tutorial Doctor
I have found an awesome Unity3D alternative:The Godot Engine:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB-HVFxEpU&feature=youtu.be http://www.godotengine.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/940x396xgamesp...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Collision response finally working well - By CC Ricers
Started off the new year well with my game. I finally got to the point where my collision box code works almost the way I want it to! I say "almost" because there is one slight bug but nothing real...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Crazy Bump Alternative (texture map generation) - By Tutorial Doctor
This is an awesome alternative to Crazy Bump. Based on Insane Bump.Awesome Bump!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKdCglwEacI
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Better trees, lighting, and now, collision detection - By CC Ricers
This is probably the last entry I'll add this year, so I hope it's a good enough one! My SeedWorld engine has now reached a milestone- the first physics code. Also, the trees are generated more rea...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Untitled Escher Game Update - By jwezorek
I’ve decided my “ untitled Escher game “, i.e. Zoop on a double logarithmic spiral, is going to be named “Draak”, which is the Dutch word for dragon. The title bears no relation to the game bey...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
Voxel world engine - Proceduralize all of the things! - By CC Ricers
Here's some more progress on the SeedWorld voxel engine. Last week has been mostly occupied with tweaking stuff- tweaking noise outputs, heightmap parameters, and color gradients. It's been a ton o...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Implementing the particle fountain effect - By braindigitalis
So, over the past week i have been busy implementing the first of many different particle effects for the game.A video of the particle effect can be found here on my YouTube channel .The whole of t...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
SeedWorld (voxel world engine) update 2 - By CC Ricers
One week later into my voxel engine, which I now call the SeedWorld engine, I am still facing a lot of technical issues but still made a lot of progress. I finally have a octave noise function that...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Jumping into the voxel world - By CC Ricers
I'm decided to go back XNA for my shooter game on Windows 7. Two reason why: Using custom effects is unwieldy with Monogame in Windows 7, and I'm wasting my time trying to figure out why they are n...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
3D animation, ray picking, and junction handling - By braindigitalis
So, after a week of development here are the videos of the progress so far in the 3D version of Firework Factory!A youtube version of this video can be found here .As you can see there is now an an...
Introduction - By Valoon
A sound guy project : Hello hello,First of all I'd like to say as a disclaimer that I am definitly not good at writting stuff and I am not a native speaker so I hope you'll forgive me for that.Abo...
Breaking your engine/game... - By Ashaman73
It is a very long time since I last posted about gnoblins (almost 2 years). After a major shift in the game design and some major refactoring actions, I'm stablilzing the gameplay at the moment. I...
Wrap 2.3 (Awesome topology tool) - By Tutorial Doctor
I was browsing on make human and came across a video of this tool that lets you wrap topology of a model around a 3d scan.http://vimeo.com/101497043
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Entities and tracking their components - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest feature of dustArtemis, fixed length bit sets for component tracking! dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-lice...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 day ago
Bret Victor on the Future of Programming - By Tutorial Doctor
Bret Victor seems to think that the future of programming will be more node-based too. This guy is awesome by the way.http://vimeo.com/71278954

PARTNERS