• Create Account

Music and Sound

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 5 days, 10 hours ago
GS:SW "Mercenaries" -- Log 2 - "Let there be Game!" - By Orymus3
"Let there be Game!" I was hoping to get this done much earlier, but a lot got in the way...Coming in, I knew this was going to be a tough/long stretch. I wanted to work more on the combat aspect...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
Manipulation Magic - The Harpsichord - By Joe - Ocular Audio
Before any music was composed for Black Shuck it was key to put thought into what sound palette would work for the purpose of the game. Details of the game and references from the development team...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
A new "Painterly" Visual Style for Halloween 2014 - By GoCatGo
I'm really digging this post-process effect on my Halloween 2014 game's mood. I'm close to getting a nice mix of both creepy and nostalgic -- just what I am aiming for.Unfortunately I'm hitting st...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex - By Tutorial Doctor
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex:It never makes me feel good when I see my faults in the mirror.Now, this is a time of reflection, but all of a sudden I am thinking of how t...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Halloween 2014 -- A Maze of Sound - By GoCatGo
I'm most of the way there with finding the visual "tone" or mood for this game, so now on to some game mechanics. Since this is intended to be both simple and free, I'm going to play to my strengt...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Creating A Halloween Environment - By GoCatGo
So I've managed to rough out a very small (1/2 acre) chunk of my environment. I feel like I'm about 50% there in capturing that late-Autumn feeling. The lighting is a bit off still, but it's feelin...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
What's the Big Idea? Halloween 2014 - By GoCatGo
You've got to say it like "Halloween twenty-fourteen" to get the awesome rhyming effect.Yesterday, 01-July-2014, I started the design work on a free-to-play Web game to be released on 01-October-20...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Log 1 - By Orymus3
Hi,I took a few days off this week. I had promised myself to do some devving on the side this summer, and exposed my thoughts in my previous entry. I took about 4-5 hours in the last 4 days to look...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 11 hours ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Grand Strategy: SpaceWar (Spinoff?) and the RubberDuck... - By Orymus3
A year ago, almost day-for-day, I started work on a game project which would later be known as Grand Strategy: Space War .(Don't worry, I'm still working on that!) A few months ago, we've chosen to...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
dustArtemis, a fork of Artemis Entity System framework - By TheChubu
Hi! This is the first entry of a journal dedicated to dustArtemis, my fork of Artemis Entity System framework, that I've been using for the pseudo-engine project I started this year. dustArtemis...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
RoboPriest - By riuthamus
So, I have been working for DSM ( at a snails pace ) for about 3 weeks now. He doesnt know it, but I have been working on making more than just what he asked! Mostly due to my taking so long... so...
RuinValor: Buildings - By riuthamus
This week I am on leave so the art that is being produced, for all my projects (DSM, All8, and RuinValor) should see some work. Tonights task was getting the castle gate fleshed out. Size, shape, a...
Screenshots of my WIP editor - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted anything for quite awhile, so here's two screenshots of the current state of my editor. Some of the tabs and buttons don't actually work, but a surprising amount does work.http://s9....
Medieval Story alpha update + Greenlight - By O-san
Hello again!I've uploaded a new version of the alpha demo. I know there still are a few bugs and tweaks that need to get fixed... but things are moving in the right direction.Here follows a change...
bbox.js - By jjd
Hi,This weekend I had an itch that I needed to scratch. I have sporadically been working on a project that uses SVG and javascript. I kept coming up against two problems: (1) getting a reliable bou...
Ground control to major Tom...(communication) - By Joe - Ocular Audio
If there is one part of the current project I am extremely grateful for it is that of clear communication.When composing for a project it is often all too easy to get wires crossed and for each par...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Return of the Dodo's: Video - By riuthamus
Just something we had time to work on this week! Figured I would show you guys the progress and see what you thought! Most of the art is still rough so please dont be too harsh! :Phttps://www.y...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 19 hours ago
Tower construction pt. 2 - By O-san
I've started designing the outside walls of the tower. I want it to look a little bit weathered but not too much. Here’s a step-by-step animation that I've made while working on it.http://media.ind...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 day ago
Approaches to Resource Disposal - By swiftcoder
I’m working on developing a novel programming language, working title ‘aevum’. As part of that process, I’ll be writing a series of articles about various aspects of language design and development...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 days ago
Tower construction. - By O-san
Hello again!New levels are taking form. This is a large stone tower set along the sea side. It's the local wise man's residence. The protagonist must seek him out to solve a number of problems. I h...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Medieval Times pitch and demo - By O-san
http://www.oddgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/mtlogo-bright.png Alpha release! The Medieval Times Alpha demo is out! The alpha is released for demonstration purposes alongside the game's in...

PARTNERS