Math and Physics

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 13 hours ago
It’s happening - By fastcall22
Oh boy, it’s happening. http://i.imgur.com/fy3Usda.png (665 KB) Learned how to cycles render. Basic water ‘n’ stuff-- still needs some work.
Developer Journal - 3 days, 13 hours ago
Doodle - By fastcall22
Just a doodle. http://i.imgur.com/DeyN9TZ.png (177.8KB)
Developer Journal - 4 days, 3 hours ago
Bringing back the mountains - By JTippetts
I spent some time recently working out some bugs with the tri-planar shader. I believe the bugs are fixed now (and it required some fixes in the Urho3D library to do it), but I don't really underst...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 21 hours ago
SFNV Flare, Through Thickness - By LAURENT*
Hello reader, My name is Laurent Star Vinn and I have a special project I would like to share with you. See all the struggles and triumphs of my game's development and maybe learn something new al...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 16 hours ago
NeoCities Is Not Even Close To GeoCities - By Code Fox
I hate being mislead ... I REALLY hate being mislead by folks who leverage nostalgia to their advantage. I present to you: Neocities. This web hosting service is claiming to recreate the "good ol...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 23 hours ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 160 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. Stuff done this week: [25%] Finish the movement test map (It is to test all the moves that the player can due to make sure that something...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
My woes while trying to build UE4 from source - By ryan20fun
Welcome to this special entry, [Monday] I have tried compiling UE4 from GitHub, But I am getting (semi) random ICE errors.Right now, When I see an ICE; I go ArggggThis is really frustrating!I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Block Transfers, Buffers, and Audio - By fastcall22
Waiting for Visual Studio to update, so I thought I’d write something. When working with streams such as file or audio processing, you usually run into the same problem: How to copy the most data w...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Translucency maps - By eppo
Hello, A while ago I fiddled a bit with an offline translucency technique as discussed here: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/653094-baking-a-local-thickness-map/ . Never officially made it part o...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
The No-OOP back to basics experiment - By Mussi
I'm about to embark on a journey where I let go of the typical way I program and try something radically different as an experiment. I've been programming for a little over 15 years now and I have...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
An MMO? - Really... - By Polydone
Well... not really.I'm not envisioning creating the next WoW-killer.A MASSIVE multiplayer online game is obviously outside the scope of a lone wolf as myself who is only prepared to spend a few tho...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
March 2016: Funding ran out - By slayemin
Well, I've officially run out of money. (long pause for reflection) This seems to be a common struggle and problem with indie game developers, and I'm not any different... Do I blame myself? W...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 146 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. I have not made much time for development, So I have not done much <_< But I have done the (simple) task of changing the pla...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Is there a hexagonal analog of Conway's Game of Life? - By jwezorek
The short answer is that in the hexagonal case the best analog of Conway's Game of Life -- in my opinion as someone who has been a CA hobbyist for 30 years or so -- is an original creation which I...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 hours ago
Dropping SQLite for JSON serialization - By Arthur Souza
After a long time of thinking about this, I finally decided to drop SQLite as the main database for my Action RPG engine. After a couple years of work on this project, I realized I couldn't work an...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
New textures with the tri-planar shader - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/232ILDK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/u8d0uzA.jpg  SoTL and MarkS talked me back into using the tri-planar shader I've been using so far. Above are a couple shots of some of the te...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Textures - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/qUltO72.jpg  Did a quick little test to see how well some of the textures I made in making the previous journal entry "read" in Goblinson Crusoe. Looks pretty good, if you a...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
The claw is gonna get ya! (if the explosions don't!) - By braindigitalis
Hi all, Another day, another feature! The last couple of days have kept me busy creating a "physics powered" grab arm for picking up the crates. When the player gets the crates to the exit, th...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
New World instance builder - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the new interface for creating World instances, the World.Builder!  dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
April update: the new procedural dungeon generator - By Ashaman73
I'm back with a new progression video. I had skipped the last month update due to not having something useful to show off. I had optimized the engine and went from 20-25 fps to a stable 60 fps in m...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Unity Editor Data Entry 2.0 - By dsm1891
Unity Data Entry  So, unity has a problem. Well, ok lots of problems, but I want to talk about a specific one. Data entry and how things can quickly get out of hand. For those who are unawar...
Tools for Photosensitive Epilepsy I: Flashing - By CulDeChu
You can find the original post here . This version has been formatted to fit your scr-- I mean, formatted for GameDev.net .In 2009 engineers from the University of Wisconsin released a piece of sof...
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 139 - By ryan20fun
Hello again, And welcome to this week's Journal entry. I kinda forgot about doing one last Thursday <_< So, Onto what I have done since the last update. I did manage to block...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 4 hours ago
Renderer bells and whistles - By eppo
Hello again, Updated my lightmapper to bake full indirect diffuse as opposed to only an ambient occlusion term. It now also captures a viewport dependent occlusion mask that lets the environme...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 12 hours ago
Personal Update - By Aardvajk
Just a quick personal update to explain my total lack of posting here for a while. Had some kind of problem with my stomach and kidneys which led me to be admitted to hospital a couple of week...

PARTNERS