• Create Account

Math and Physics

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
A try at Unity - By newtechnology
So I haven't posted for a while because I was busy learning about unity game engine. After looking at this game engine, I thought it would have been better if I started my scratch game project afte...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 28 minutes ago
Simplified Example Of How To Use JPanel & JFrame With Lots Of Different Stuff - By Shippou
Below you will find a fully functional code example that shows how to do many common tasks with JPanel & JFrame. I stripped out as much useless "fluff" as I could, leaving the code as bare as...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 12 hours ago
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex - By Tutorial Doctor
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex:It never makes me feel good when I see my faults in the mirror.Now, this is a time of reflection, but all of a sudden I am thinking of how t...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 11 hours ago
MVVM in SharpDX? Why not! - By AvengerDr
I just started this journal in the hopes that by participating more in the community I'll be able to find the necessary motivations to work on my project. Long story short, a long time ago I starte...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 22 hours ago
Much faster now - By polyfrag
I've not given up on 3D. The game now runs at 300-500 FPS here thanks to:- getting rid of several hundred units- getting rid of shadows and bump mapping- using VBO- frustum culling everything- simp...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 18 hours ago
Multi-texturing + Yoshi's Island - By eppo
hallo,Modo's 'shader tree':http://www.dynamique.nl/grow/pst/ModoMaterial.png It's a peculiar thing at first: instead of creating explicit materials, you add shading components (textures etc.) to a...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 17 hours ago
Pixel-perfect orthography - By polyfrag
Some open source linux enthusiast person has been helping me with my project.https://github.com/polyf/corpstatesc/commits/master Thanks to his final nudge, the RTS runs on linux now.https://dl.drop...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 10 hours ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 18 hours ago
New Studio: First month in review - By slayemin
This week is a bit unusual. I'm taking a planned vacation on Friday and will be gone for two weeks. All I see is costly expenses and that's causing me to grit my teeth a bit, but I'm trying not to...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
First (super early) showing of game - By Lactose!
So, what's happened since the last journal entry?With a rough and basic framework in place for drawing and moving some characters around, we continued adding and testing new animations, combat mech...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
New Studio: Week 3 - Prototyping - By slayemin
​Tuesday: It's Tuesday night, I'm sipping a beer and barely feeling it. Let's do this!My artist (Dan) and I started building the initial prototype for our game this week. The first thing we did is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
New Studio: Week 2 review - By slayemin
These are my reflections on the second week of my new indie studio. I wrote them at the end of each day of the week while things were fresh on my mind. It's a bit unedited and long, so bear with me...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Flickering overlapping objects - Common bug - By Arthur Souza
I have recently been playing Don't starve, and have come to find a common bug that happens in many 2d games. It's something a little hard to come by when test developing.Sometimes, two objects that...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Cheating At ' Don't Starve ' By Modifying The Game Code - By Shippou
Don't Starve is an interesting survival & adventure game that places a player into a brutal survival environment, were one seemingly innocent mistake can cause instant death.After playing this...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
65,535 characters on one texture - By polyfrag
Among other things I did, I packed the first 65,535 unicode characters on a single 4096x4096 bitmap font texture. It took 3 hours.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109630018/temp/corpstatesc/aaa/...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Compressing Bulk Of Textures - By newtechnology
Hello! Today I'll show you how to convert bulk of textures into compressed .dds formats because it can be really painful to convert 100 texture files into compressed .dds formats by using the Direc...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 13 hours ago
Introduction to Löve2D - By dejaime
Just made another post on game development with Lua, a brief introduction to Löve2D.It goes from rendering the basic hello world text to drawing an image at a given coordinate.Really simple stuff a...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
A Week in Seattle: Steam VR, Gas Works, and the Strawberry Moon - By Josh Klint
Last week I travelled to Seattle for a few days to lay some groundwork for the future of Leadwerks Software. During the week I tried out Valve's VR hardware, visited a gassification plant, and sur...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
New Studio: Week 1 review - By slayemin
The first week is over. The work days certainly feel a lot longer and much more busy. I thought I'd spend this journal entry detailing a few of the first week issues that I experienced and how I wo...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Collision and Jumping - By newtechnology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhzjE8kk-8Hello again! This time I've added jump feature and even added a weapon manager to handle all weapons. The weapon manager assigns each weapon a name and an...
slow days... - By Burnt_Fyr
I Haven't had as near as much time as I thought I would, which is not even close to the amount of time I wish I had, but I have got a few small victories here and there. My animation editor is comi...
dustArtemis, a fork of Artemis Entity System framework - By TheChubu
Hi! This is the first entry of a journal dedicated to dustArtemis, my fork of Artemis Entity System framework, that I've been using for the pseudo-engine project I started this year. dustArtemis...

PARTNERS