• Create Account

General Programming

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 2 days, 21 hours ago
Entry N+3 - By ryan20fun
Hello one and all. I have not done much (other then thinking and reading) on ToyMission. I am going to switch over to either monthly entry on the last friday with entries inbetween if nec...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 22 hours ago
Back To The Platformer - By Aardvajk
Struggling to get going this morning, so thought I would update my journal for a change. Did a bit more work on the spaceship game I posted about last, until I decided once again to dust off the pl...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 8 hours ago
Radioactive Goop, Flashing Lights, And Lots More! - By braindigitalis
Hi all, It's been quite some time since i last posted a journal entry. This hasn't been for lack of development of the game, more lack of free time where i'm not being a Dad, working my day jo...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 11 hours ago
I'll Just Leave This Here - By EDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrMIPfB3eks
Developer Journal - 1 week, 12 hours ago
Temple Of The Abyssal Winds V4.7 - By gdunbar
Temple of the Abyssal Winds v4.7 is available for Windows. This is a minor release and there is no reason to upgrade if you already have a working version. Users who had trouble on older versions o...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
What Programming Language Should You Learn To Get A Job In The Game Industry? - By Josh Klint
If we count id Software’s game Quake as the beginning of real-time 3D games, then it can be said that the C programming language is the foundation of modern game design. The original Quake engine...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
[Icbm] Update 2 - Paradrop And New Particles - By dpadam450
Hours till prototype complete: 177Hours logged July3 - July 16: 43.5 I finished adding in animated sequences for my particle systems as well as my C130 paradrop functionality / animation. I al...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Magic Item Tech, Testing – Part 3. - By Spidi
Hi all! It is time for some software testing framework talk again :)! As you know, I’m a big quality/testing advocate (especially when it comes to software!!!), and I’ve been working for a while no...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Entry N+2 - By ryan20fun
Hello again. I have started getting back into ToyMission, Yay!Tomorrow I plan on mounting the Win10 ISO and seeing what it says about my license key(A test in a VM resulted with some kinda nul...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Oh Frabjous Day! - By JEJoll
Callooh Callay! The time has come! I've taken a day off from work, so I'm going to be pounding away at this for the next 5 or 6 hours (I've already been at it for a couple) in order to meet th...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Integrating Google Play: An Early Open Alpha - By ferrous
This is my first time playing with Google Play Services integration with Unity. It's pretty early Alpha, but should still be fun to play, and I've got an integrated google leaderboard that I'd like...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Something Worth Talking About - By EDI
Greetings All, It's been a good three weeks, and things are finally at a point where I can start talking about them. First things first: Revel Immortal Revel is at an interesting (good interesting...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
D3DX tribulations - By gdunbar
I've been led down a rathole the past couple of weeks. First, I updated to Visual Studio 2015 (from VS2012), for reasons that I now don't remember at all. So, after I recompiled TotAW I decided I'd...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Haste, slow, and refactoring - By JTippetts
As part of the AI and control refactor, I refactored the basic components that provide the turn-basedness for the unit controllers. Previously, the turn system was controlled by 2 components:...
KREEP, post Steam. - By Spidi
Hi everyone! Haven’t been around the INTERNETZ lately, sorry for that (been busy with a lot of work and important decisions to make :mellow:).I promised a postmortem kind-a thingy after the Steam r...
Back to skool! - By Ubermeowmix
Had to learn Pythagoras and Trigonometry as I didn't realise that a large amount of game development relies on them. Plus SDL can't draw circles so I came up with a function that takes steps a...
Orbit - my new game project - By Aardvajk
Hello all. I'm still alive and still working on hobby projects, just haven't posted here for a long, long time. I've just commenced work on a brand new hobby project. This is going to be a spa...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Simple Brilliance, Crunch Time - By JEJoll
Simple Brilliance The thing I was working on tonight was getting all of my enemy variants into the game. I've got the color variants done, with the red versions being more difficult to kill, and I...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Entry N+1 - By ryan20fun
Hello again :) I have not been well for the last few days, So I have not done any development. I should be getting back into the swing of things over the next few days. That's all fo...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 23 hours ago
[ICBM] Prototype Video + Project Update - By dpadam450
I'll start with a video first. The video shows a lot of randomness, but it shows the prototyping of some AI and completeness of gameplay AI, sound, particles all starting to come together. htt...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
The Generic Title, Sequal to "I don't have a title" - By ryan20fun
Hello again. I have gotten the FPS template to a point where there are a few different weapons: Semi automatic gun, Fully auto gun, burst fire gun, Energy gun(semi).The players can: Run, Walk,...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
3D Paint App Progress - By lawnjelly
Just a little report for anyone who is following my progress on my little 3d painting app from my previous post. I'm trying not to get too carried away spending too long working on this, but am pla...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 7 hours ago
How To Edit 'Craft The World' Game Files - By Code Fox
Craft The World is in interesting hybrid of Gnomoria and Terraria .The main game files can not be altered ( yet ), however all of the resource files can be accessed and changed.( IE: creatures,...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
June: Spellbound, Steam & HTC - By slayemin
Lots of exciting news for this month! HTC Meeting: Last week I walked down to the HTC office for North America and tried to get a meeting with their VR people so that I could give them a demo...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Temple of the Abyssal Winds v4.5 - By gdunbar
Temple of the Abyssal Winds version 4.5 is now available! http://youtu.be/7U-mNJy-sW4  Temple of the Abyssal Winds is a classic style role-playing game, for Windows and iPad. You can...

PARTNERS