• Create Account

General Programming

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
Screenshot Saturday 183 - By et1337
I hit a milestone today. Three of the four levels so far in Lemma (Rain, Dawn, and Forest) have undergone at least one massive redesign in their short lifetimes. This week I finally gave the same...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
C++11 variable args applied to signals/slots system - By Aardvajk
Quick snippetty post today. Been looking at making a clean signals/slots system using varadic templates. This is only tested with GCC 4.7.2#ifndef DELEGATE_H#define DELEGATE_H#include <vector...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
Reduce the Scale or Create a Demo? - By Navyman
Scale of a project is often the weakest point in a game's development. The game I have in mind to create is no different. Battleline is a Collectable Card Game (CCG) with nearly 500 cards alone sca...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 3 hours ago
Zzazzy 1.0.0 - By jwezorek
My iPad game Zzazzy has made it through the review process and is now on the App Store: see here .I will be updating the page I have for it here this week with more detailed instructions than what...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 20 hours ago
Sooper Seecret Project Preview #2 - By nerdboy64
I know I really should be working more on Shipyard, but I’m just having too much fun with this tank.The tank is now a real object with some degree of physics. It can be controlled with WASD, and th...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 20 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 182 - By et1337
What’s that you say? You didn’t even notice the absence of Screenshot Saturday last week? How convenient. Let’s pretend it never happened. Or rather, pretend that it did. Whatever.MGDS was a huge...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
ComponentManager v ComponentMapper: Dawn of Components - By TheChubu
Do you know in which results page dustArtemis appears if you search for “artemis framework” in Google? Absolutely in none of them! So we're going to celebrate by talking about the ComponentManager...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Animation showcase -- annotations fixed - By Lactose!
Another YouTube update, showing off some of the new animations and movement improvements we've done.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpC7qvyqisgAs you might notice compared to the previous video, we...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Choosing a platform for software - By blewisjr
One thing I have noticed over the years is that software development is becoming ever more fragmented. When I say fragmented I mean the platform choices are expanding rather dramatically. Years a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Sooper Seecret New Project from Brass Watch Games - By nerdboy64
Recently, I've been working on an up-to-now secret project in addition to Shipyard that I would share if it went well. Well, thus far, that seems to be the case, so here’s a little sneak-peak of wh...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
You'll regret not keeping a dev journal - By joew
Way back in the day when we first started pre-production on Empyrios I told myself I wanted to make time to keep a development journal.Unfortunately I did not.There was always something else I had...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Progress Report - July 21st 2014 - By Norman Barrows
Progress Report - July 21st 2014Beta 9 has been posted to the website, with a new download page:http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php I could really use some feedback on the game, so please, check i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Time for a fresh week! - By joew
I spent the majority of the week polishing design, although that pretty much amounted to ability naming and drafting our final HUD design and functionality. Until you sit down and try to name 120 a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your entries from 7 /12 - 7/19 Welcome back, SIC Games and Mak !Project Updates GoCatGo's Development Journal - GoCatGo has a new image showing off the changes to the post-process effect...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Site Migration - By ericrrichards22
I've decided to move my blog off of Blogger. Blogger was great for getting started, but it has just become too painful to fight with going forward. I'm sick of fighting the Blogger templating to fo...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 14 hours ago
Agent-based economic modelling - By polyfrag
I don't know whether I'm more interested in economic modelling or making games. I tried to start on an article of my economic model.-------In recent years, agent-based economic modeling has been ge...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 20 hours ago
GS:SW "Mercenaries" -- Log 2 - "Let there be Game!" - By Orymus3
"Let there be Game!" I was hoping to get this done much earlier, but a lot got in the way...Coming in, I knew this was going to be a tough/long stretch. I wanted to work more on the combat aspect...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Evolution of Icons - By joew
One of the things we're working on finalizing right now on Empyrios: Prophecy of Flame is the HUD for selecting unit abilities. Our artist Jove is working on upgrading and polishing the final artwo...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Java 8 very interesting - By blewisjr
This is a rather short blog post. I have had some ideas for a project recently with some of the various endeavors I have been contemplating. One of these endeavors is either a desktop application...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
2D conundrum - By polyfrag
I've been working on the project with my open source buddy and I've started on the economics side of things.https://github.com/polyf/corpstatesc But my partner's graphics card is fried and he's run...
On C++ Naming Conventions - By evolutional
I threw myself back into the deep end of C++ again a few months ago, having spent the last couple of years with an emphasis on C# and .NET.One thing that I'm thinking of is the old subject of codin...
The Return of the Lord - Games by younger me - By Arthur Souza
Hey guys! I thought I would share this with you. This is a game I made with rpgmaker that lasted a while. I worked in this from 2004-2007, when I was 14-17.The game is in Portuguese, pt-br, so that...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Clipping Lines to a Rectangle using the Cohen-Sutherland Algorithm - By ericrrichards22
For the last six or eight months, off and on, I’ve been trying to write some code that will create a Voronoi diagram from a set of random points, inspired by Amit Patel’s Polygonal Map Generation...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
A new "Painterly" Visual Style for Halloween 2014 - By GoCatGo
I'm really digging this post-process effect on my Halloween 2014 game's mood. I'm close to getting a nice mix of both creepy and nostalgic -- just what I am aiming for.Unfortunately I'm hitting st...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
What's in a name? - By joew
We have finally completed the work needed to correct the naming/branding issue I mentioned in my last post . It took a lot more time and effort than I had originally hoped, but in the end I'm extre...

PARTNERS