• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

General Programming

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 26 minutes ago
First prototype for Tank Tactics game - By ferrous
So I finally got around to uploading a new prototype to the web for people to look. After doing all the work for the pathfinding with a turn radius, I didn't really like any of my initial schemes...
Developer Journal - 15 hours, 4 minutes ago
3D Graphics Part 1 Introduction - By IYP
In this post I'm going to explain the basics of 3D graphicsWhat Is A 3D Scene Consisted Of? Consider a street with cars. This scene is consisted of several objects, several car lights, and if it's...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Android programming: 11 hints for non-mobile developers - By undead
Introduction It has been three years since I started developing Android apps on my spare time.My history as a developer dates back to when I was a little kid and started playing with MS-DOS and x86...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 10 hours ago
FM Synth and Plotting with PowerShell - By fastcall22
Beep boop, making progress on my FM synthesizer. Had a nasty popping sound with my phase-feedback logic and needed some way to rapidly graph out the logic. Powershell to the rescue: # plot-sample.p...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 21 hours ago
Finite State Machines, Part 1 - By ericrrichards22
One of my favorite books on AI programming for games is Matt Buckland's Programming Game AI By Example . Many AI programming books lean more towards presenting topics and theories, leaving the dirt...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 30 minutes ago
Floating Combat Text - Asset Submitted To Unity Store - Plus how to host Unity package on Dropbox - By Eck
Development Update: I finally submitted my first asset to the Unity Asset Store... Floating Combat Text by EckTech Games is now in the Pending Review status... And holy crap did that take forever!...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 7 hours ago
Home made arms - By Aardvajk
So the problem with those wonderful detailed arms from MakeHuman is that they are impossible to rig using Charm, since it is designed as a low-polygon editor and hasn't (yet) got any support for fa...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 4 hours ago
Empyrios major milestone! - By joew
Wow getting this major build ready has been much more work than I had originally anticipated, but we're finally rounding the corner and checking off the majority of tasks for this milestone. Over t...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 18 hours ago
Beta 21 w/ skinned meshes released! - By Norman Barrows
Beta 21 w/ skinned meshes released!guys look kinda dumb, girls aren't that pretty, the guy walk ani is kinda awkward (leg bones rotated outwards too far), no action animations or drawing of equipme...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 23 hours ago
Brutal Soul-Crashing Dream-Destroyer Feedback required. - By desdemian
Ok,I finally managed to put together a 6 level early build of The Most Poser Heroes.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eolMx_jjUD8/Vbuo1BH2hRI/AAAAAAAAAJc/NBdhrcyJRcg/s599-Ic42/CHA245kWwAA22hB.png...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 1 hour ago
Playing with OpenGL - By arka80
I've done a lot of experiments in the last months. Tried a couple of prototypes for a 2d rpg in sfml, sketched some game design ideas, studied a bit of directx11 in opposition to my old love, openg...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 19 hours ago
Smart enemies and AI - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,I have had some spare time to spend on getting the AI working in my game for enemies. Moving on from simple Chickens, which don't do anything much except walk around waiting to be kille...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 23 hours ago
Extra Credits - an online weekly video series about game design - By Norman Barrows
Extra Credits - an online weekly video series about game designhttp://extra-credits.net/shows/extra-credits/
Developer Journal - 6 days, 21 hours ago
Adventurous Adventure - By Endurion
I'm currently attending yet another C64 game creation competition: Forum64.de's Adventure Competition 2015.I always wondered how the guys/gals at Lucasfilm Games managed to cram Maniac Mansion and...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 hour ago
Winner winner, chicken dinner! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As the next step in my game i have decided to anger various right-wing animal rights groups by testing out virtual weapons on virtual chickens. The next step in my game was obvious in t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 hours ago
Wavefront OBJ imports - By Aardvajk
Just a quick post to say that, as I'm completely fed up with trying to make a model of a hand myself, I've finally gotten around to adding an OBJ importer to Charm so I can chop bits off a MakeHum...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 19 hours ago
Shadow Mapping Part 3 CSMs - By IYP
Finally after a week late, here is the post about CSMs (Cascaded Shadow Maps).Motivations It's obvious that the further objects get from the camera (the more the depth of objects), the less is the...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 21 hours ago
The Infocom Project: Trinity - By gdunbar
Time to dip my toes back into the Infocom river. You can read the introduction to my attempt to play all of the Infocom games here: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/717/entry-2259971-the-infocom-project...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Starting EckTech Games and Wrapping up my Floating Combat Text Asset - By Eck
Personal Update: During the early part of the week, I focused on preparing for my interview. I felt like I did really well, but they decided to go with the other candidate. Since I told them I was...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Advances in LPV, Volumetric Lighting and a new Engine Architecture - By Migi0027 (肉コーダ)
Welcome once again, and thanks for clickin on my journal! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png When we think of light propagation volumes we think of awesomeness...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Advances in LPV, Volumetric Lighting and a new Engine Architecture - By Migi0027 (肉コーダ)
Welcome once again, and thanks for clickin on my journal! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png When we think of light propagation volumes we think of awesomeness...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Grapple Game - progress update - By Aardvajk
Making some progress on the grappling game, as this poor quality video hopefully shows. You can run around, jump and use the grapple to pull yourself to any point in the level.https://www.youtube....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Swordplay, castles and other RPG things - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As another week passes it's that time again to showcase what new features i've added to the game. This week i have concentrated on animations, and using the unreal engine per bone blen...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
On Embedding General-Purpose Scripting Languages - By ApochPiQ
I spend a lot of time thinking about programming languages. Most often it's from the perspective of a consumer, i.e. a programmer using Language X. Sometimes it's from the viewpoint of someone who...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Game Engine Update - Bloom Post Process - By SIC Games
Finally today I've added bloom - I know not every object has bloom in the real world. It bugs when when I'm playing a game and I see a shirt giving off bloom effect.Originally I was rendering norma...

PARTNERS