• Create Account

General Programming

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 7 hours, 57 minutes ago
Better Light Propagation Volumes - By 肉Mode
In my last entry I described how the interpolation was poor, so I decided to "smoothe" them out. I used the compute shader to "propagate" over the neighbouring cells. This progress was done 10 pass...
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 11 minutes ago
Screenshot Saturday 196 - By et1337
This past weekend I exhibited Lemma at the Ohio Game Dev Expo . It was an awesome time. Extra Life raised over $9,000 for charity (yes, it is in fact over 9000).The Oculus Rift was a huge hit!http...
Developer Journal - 13 hours, 49 minutes ago
LPV: Really, after all that time, thats it!? - By 肉Mode
For a long while I've known theres been a problem when testing for shadow visibility with my voxels during my injection of voxel lighting. But as usual I got too lazy and left it. So I got along wi...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 2 hours ago
More hacking on native executables - By ApochPiQ
I've started the long and tedious process of slowly but surely hooking up every single Epoch language feature to the new LLVM bindings, so that the compiler can emit 100% native binaries instead of...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 9 hours ago
In progress - By alfith
The system to get objects moving along a path is done. The path interpolation can be linear between the control points or following a b-spline. The orientation can be fixed or also following the pa...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 20 hours ago
Mass Murders, Christianity, LGBTQ, and GamerGate - By et1337
With a headline like that, what could possibly go wrong? In this article I present an idea that may help both sides of GamerGate survive the ordeal. Simply this: negative movements are counter-pr...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 20 hours ago
The Right to Bear Arms - By Aardvajk
The player object now has arms that the grapples visually attach to. They smoothly move from the rest position to the correct position when grappling and rotate towards the correct point.I've had...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 4 hours ago
Unity Tile Map Editor - By CRYP7IK
Recently I started a game with a friend which required a tile map, the following is a series of the editor progress.So first I got a basic layout of the UI: Then a pluggable menu bar (Inherit from...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 5 - By arka80
Some updates here: you can now grab things from the ground. Currently, you can grab mushrooms (if you have the ability "gather plants") and pieces of meat (if you have the ability "hunt for meat" a...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 13 hours ago
Project Update - By Aardvajk
Just wanted to post since the obligatory eight to ten weeks since last entry have passed :) The Grappling Hook project is alive and well and continuing apace. I've got the level editor at the point...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 16 hours ago
(More) Beta Testers Needed! - By gdunbar
Temple of the Abyssal Winds: Beta Testers NeededTemple of the Abyssal Winds is ready to go for, this time for Windows, and I just need a few intrepid beta-testers to go through and find the last fe...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 3 hours ago
Native Binary Project: Day Whatever - By ApochPiQ
I continue to hack on the Epoch compiler, slowly shaping it into a powerhouse of executable binary generation. So far I've gotten the program string table and DLL import table built in a flexible a...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 5 hours ago
Space distortion update - By CulDeVu
(Again, sorry for imgur image links. I really need to figure out how to embed image files)So far, I've been making pretty good progress. After a day and a half of mulling the problem over, I manage...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 22 hours ago
Gui III: Widget configuration - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260413-gui-ii-widget-class-design/ Now that I've talked about how Widgets can be used, its time to discuss how they can be configured.Positioning...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 9 minutes ago
Bringing this blog back to life - By CulDeVu
(Just as a pre-appology, sorry about the image links. Are you even able to attach images in Journals?)So I've decided to bring this blog back to life. When I originally started messing around wit...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 17 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 4 - By arka80
I could name this entry "Monsters & Items" and stop writing. But I will not. I like to explain. I found that keep these records is a really useful mental help, since it gives me close milestone...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 19 hours ago
Announcing Psychologist.js, a RAD HTML5 VR framework - By Sean T. McBeth
I've written a little bit about this project for a little while, and I've finally decided on a name.Psychologist.js is a framework for rapidly prototyping virtual reality applications using standa...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Rewrite ALL the things! - By ApochPiQ
OK so I'm not really rewriting everything ... just... a lot of it.The current runtime infrastructure for Epoch is precarious at best, and desperately needs some improvements. There are a number of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
One year report (trailer inside). - By desdemian
Alright, my friends.It's been 12 month since I started this project .Here are a few stats of this whole journey:Number of months without a home: 12.5Countries visited: 7Cities visited: 43Money spen...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 3 - By arka80
Focus of this session of work was to define the gameover condition and manage the death and reborn of the character. Mission accomplished, even if in a very rough state.There are two ways for die:...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Gui II: Widget class design - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260396-gui-i-learning-about-signalsslots/ So this time around, I'm going to talk about the engines GUIs main class, called "Widget". I took an ap...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
HTML5 audio for games made easy - By Sean T. McBeth
Audio in the browser is deceptively tetchy. It's easy to get a basic sound to play with the <audio> tag .<audio id="myAudioThinger" controls="controls" preload="auto" autoplay="true"...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Why I turned down a great job offer. - By Sean T. McBeth
I recently received a very generous job offer from a rather prestigious company. I didn't even apply, they contacted me through LinkedIn. To say that I was honored to even receive a cold-contact fr...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 2 - By arka80
At the end of 8 more hours of coding I've got the following:some refactorgui system startedtransition between world and area mapminimal area map generatormovement in the wilderness And a couple of...

PARTNERS