• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

OpenGL

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 18 hours, 37 minutes ago
Smart enemies and AI - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,I have had some spare time to spend on getting the AI working in my game for enemies. Moving on from simple Chickens, which don't do anything much except walk around waiting to be kille...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 23 hours ago
Extra Credits - an online weekly video series about game design - By Norman Barrows
Extra Credits - an online weekly video series about game designhttp://extra-credits.net/shows/extra-credits/
Developer Journal - 2 days, 21 hours ago
Adventurous Adventure - By Endurion
I'm currently attending yet another C64 game creation competition: Forum64.de's Adventure Competition 2015.I always wondered how the guys/gals at Lucasfilm Games managed to cram Maniac Mansion and...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 34 minutes ago
Winner winner, chicken dinner! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As the next step in my game i have decided to anger various right-wing animal rights groups by testing out virtual weapons on virtual chickens. The next step in my game was obvious in t...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 19 hours ago
Shadow Mapping Part 3 CSMs - By IYP
Finally after a week late, here is the post about CSMs (Cascaded Shadow Maps).Motivations It's obvious that the further objects get from the camera (the more the depth of objects), the less is the...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 20 hours ago
Advances in LPV, Volumetric Lighting and a new Engine Architecture - By Migi0027 (肉コーダ)
Welcome once again, and thanks for clickin on my journal! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png When we think of light propagation volumes we think of awesomeness...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 23 hours ago
Advances in LPV, Volumetric Lighting and a new Engine Architecture - By Migi0027 (肉コーダ)
Welcome once again, and thanks for clickin on my journal! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png When we think of light propagation volumes we think of awesomeness...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 19 hours ago
Swordplay, castles and other RPG things - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As another week passes it's that time again to showcase what new features i've added to the game. This week i have concentrated on animations, and using the unreal engine per bone blen...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
6 Fascinating Facts About How Video Games are Good For You - By Norman Barrows
6 Fascinating Facts About How Video Games are Good For Youfrom the Intel website:https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/success-story-happy-jump?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=outbrain&u...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Failures in GI-land - By CulDeVu
Hello all! It's been quite a while.So I've been working on life/jobs/family/etc the past couple months. A couple weeks ago, however, I decided to implement a type of arbitrary BRDF sampling based o...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
From YAML to renderer in 50ms - By TheChubu
The idea of these couple entries will be to describe how I load my renderer's pipeline from a YAML file. In this particular entry I'll be describing the renderer architecture as it is right now. Fr...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 23 hours ago
Work on skinned meshes continues - By Norman Barrows
Work on skinned meshes continuesI added the ability to draw weapon-in-hand to the skinned mesh test routine. It can toggle between weapon types, and uses the game's built-in matrix editor to positi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Give me my sword, so i might smite thee! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,The game is now advancing at quite some pace as i find all sorts of things here and there to add, all of which are requirements for gameplay. The main one of these this week has been we...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Shadow Mapping Part 2 DPSMs - By IYP
In this post I'm going to discuss Dual Paraboloid Mapping and the problems with it.Motivations For point lights we need shadow maps that can save the depth of the scene around the light, which me...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Adding skinned meshes to Caveman - By Norman Barrows
Adding skinned meshes to CavemanA quick update since i haven't posted anything in a while.I'm busy adding skinned meshes to the game.When i started working on the game, i was not sure if i could dr...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Seven Spells of... wha? What's all this rammel? - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This post earmarks the start of my new journal here on gamedev,net. I tend to start multiple projects at once, so that once i start feeling burnout bite on one, i can change to another...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Shadow Mapping Part 1 PCF and VSMs - By IYP
In this post I'm going to discuss basics of shadow mapping and two popular methods of filtering shadow maps PCF (Percentage Closer Filtering) and VSM (Variance Shadow Maps). (All of the used shadow...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Cascaded Light Propagation Volumes, VS RC 2015, Retarded Calculators + More stuff - By Migi0027 (肉コーダ)
Well, let's begin shall we! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png ( This article isn't very focused, it's just small notes and such )====== For a while I've been th...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 20 hours ago
First Entry - By IYP
Hey guys.I'll be posting my experience method and all other stuff that I'll come across rewriting my engine, I started writing this engine about a year ago, Well performance was my real problem esp...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 22 hours ago
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up designan example of beautiful code using bottom up design.with this method, you start with the lowest level stuff, then add higher level layers until you have a su...
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down designan example of beautiful code.this was a result of top down design. IE high level routines fist, lowest level routines last.first, the algo was written in co...
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2 - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2another implementation example from caveman 3.0:this is the actual code that draws band members and NPCs in the game now. void draw_caveman2(int...
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation example - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation exampleAn implementation example from Caveman 3.0: // called by draw_skinmesh_caveman // draws eyeballs attached to the headbone with an offset.// to d...
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools // ----------------------------------- skinned mesh pool API ------------------------------------------- struct skinned_mesh_master{LP...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 23 hours ago
Skinned mesh code part 2 - Rockland skinned mesh API - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 2Rockland skinned mesh API // ------------------------ Rockland skinned mesh API -------------------------- // -------------------------------- load skinned mesh ---------...

PARTNERS