OpenGL

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
Textures and fighting with the editor - By Aardvajk
Fairly quick update today. I've added support for basic diffuse texturing to both the level editor and the game. The editor is very much bodged to support, but the game is handling it properly....
Developer Journal - 20 hours, 45 minutes ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 92 - By ryan20fun
Hello again. I haven't spent as much time as I would like on ToyMission.I have been working on the main menu since the last Journal entry. I spent a lot of time trying different ways of l...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 23 hours ago
Seamless models - harder than it looks - By Aardvajk
Finally got finished on all of the pipeline work needed to start to use static meshes as part of the level design. Turns out it is far harder than it looks to make seamless models http://public.gam...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 1 hour ago
Minority 7 - MMO Game - Dev. Diary #005 - A.I. & First Person - By uwi2k2
Short update on A.I. movement , hidden movement screen , replicator database and the first person view. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qKALUTRkJ8
Developer Journal - 6 days, 21 hours ago
Strip back the game - By Aardvajk
 I decided the other day to completely strip my game back to basics. Well, I actually started a new project and gradually moved the code I wanted over because I'm obsessive like that and want...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 10 minutes ago
Microfacet Importance Sampling: For Dummies - By CulDeChu
Despite how important of a topic good importance sampling is in the area of global illumination, it's usually left out of all common-English conversations and tutorials about path tracing (with the...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 9 hours ago
Closed test session, could need some helping hands ! - By Ashaman73
I want to start a new closed test only available to a small, dedicated group of testers. If someone has interest in helping me out, send me a PM and I will give you the download link http://public....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Collisions and weapons - By alfith
Hi,After quite some time, here comes a new video showing a very early sample of collisions and weapons. What you can see in the video is the player shooting missiles bursts. An enemy spaceship is d...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Rendering Tree Sprites - By JTippetts
It's been awhile since I did anything 2D-related, and I'm a little bit worried that some of those particular hard-earned skills are starting to fade from my weak brain. Last night, I was talking wi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Preparing my engine for Vulkan API - By Ashaman73
Looking at the vulkan api so far, it could solve many of my rendering performance issues in my engine. My engine was based on OpenGL 1.2, followed by a transition to OGL 2.0 and lot of extension la...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Shuffling class responsibilities - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest release of dustArtemis, which changes a bit the component handling.  dustArtemis  dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which...
Pre alpha demo Video of "Minority 7" - By uwi2k2
Hi all, i just started my dev diary again.Its just a demo of the current status:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJUs_TtGGE cukai
Modules in the Om scripting language - By Aardvajk
Modules in Om  I never wanted to add include statements to Om. I was always very keen to ensure that each script file could be compiled in isolation without having to do any kind of old-fashio...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 11 hours ago
January update: large creatures, polishing and preparing a closed test - By Ashaman73
Welcome to the January update.The focus of the last two month was the transition of the game from a developer version to something you should give someone for testing. That is polishing the art, th...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 7 hours ago
Om: Varadic Functions and Reference Types - By Aardvajk
Varadic Functions and Reference Types  I've finished up adding varadic script functions to Om now, and have just got the basics of reference types working, although that needs a lot more testi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
ANL Expression Parsing - By JTippetts
Over the last several years, my noise library (ANL ) has been a sort of sink for whatever miscellaneous time I get in between work, kids, the house, game development, game playing, etc... It has ev...
My Text Renderer - By Gooey
So in the last month I have made, remade then scrapped and made again a text renderer for OpenGL using freetype2. I think I am finally happy with it but I am very sure that will change. I still wan...
The 10 Suggestions. - By Alpheus
I think for anyone beginning to learn to game dev, you should heed the following Suggestions.I don't care how you do it; just do it.Your language doesn't matter. Your platform doesn't matter.Nothin...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
How To Easily Stop The Steam Processes On Windows - By Code Fox
Steam, and all of it's child processes, may not seem like much for those that have fast internet and a higher end computer, but for me and many others it can be a pain in the arse. Steam ( and it's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
The "Outer Scope" problem in Om - By Aardvajk
Just finished up Om's solution to what seems to be known as the outer scope problem. Consider: var outer = func{ var a = "hello"; var inner = func { out a; }; inner(); retu...
The yearly update! - By O-san
Be warned, this might not be your ordinary game development post.  The New Year has just settled in so I thought I would keep my record straight and at least post one journal update per year....
2015 Post-Mortem and What's Next... - By JordanBonser
  Whilst trawling the gamedev.net developer journals for inspiration, I stumbled across a post that someone had done as a reflection of what he had achieved from the previous year and wh...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Implementing "break" in the Scripting Engine - By Aardvajk
Just finished implementing break in Om, for breaking out of while and for loops. Thought a write-up might be an interesting insight into the internals of the system, although I'm not sure who to...
Minority 7 - WebGL Isometric Roundbased Game - By uwi2k2
Hi all, i just picked up again the work on my homage to the old xcom games.I just started to put the 3d models together and use them in my self written webgl engine.Its impressive how fast you...
Some template snippets - By Aardvajk
Hey. Been working on a couple of containers for use in my scripting engine. Thought I'd just share them here. First up, pod_vector<T> is similar to std::vector but designed for us...

PARTNERS