• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

OpenGL

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 5 hours, 11 minutes ago
Environemnt agents come to the rescue - By Ashaman73
In the previous posting ServantOfLord mentioned, that water could be interact with objects like torches. From a technical perspective it comes down to checking masses of objects. In the past I alre...
Developer Journal - 8 hours, 33 minutes ago
Workin' on the editor - By Servant of the Lord
Progress is picking up again on my 2D RPG game. I never stopped working on the game's engine/editor, but progress was mostly non-visual and slow-moving progress. The engine uses 'layers' (and 'floo...
Developer Journal - 14 hours, 42 minutes ago
Trees! - And that's about it - By Migi0027 (肉)
This isn't really a new big update, just me talking a bit and showing some pictures. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Well, as the title suggests I wanted to pla...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 3 hours ago
Musing about swimming... - By Ashaman73
In gnoblins I use a dynamic water system, that is, some areas are flooded, you can flood or drain them. The question is now, how do your minionsor other creatures react to water ? This is no trivia...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 8 hours ago
Moving slowly - By CulDeVu
Hola and all that jazz.So I've decided that I'm officially friendzoning OpenGL.I really want to like OpenGL. I really do. However, after everything we've been through, after both of us seeing each...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 17 hours ago
Finally back to where I was - By Gooey
I have finally got it all sorted and im back to where I was with the game I have text, My roos follow me and all my textures are there! I had a few bumps in the road with the text rendering I was i...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 20 hours ago
/cast Resurrect HeightMapEditor - By JTippetts
A short while ago (translation: 10 years) I had been working on a heightmap editor for a game project I was working on. Like most of my projects, it fell by the wayside. I haven't really had time...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 21 hours ago
"Gamedev Lego": Putting all the parts together into a playable game using an event system - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So, again, it's been a couple of weeks since my last entry. Moving on from where we were, to where we are now, I am now in a position to start putting together various subsystems and li...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 1 hour ago
Who Is Springtrap From Five Nights At Freddy's ? - By Code Fox
The game "5 Nights At Freddy's 3 " hasn't been out a full day yet, and already there is speculation on who the animatronic "Springtrap" is.One of the most popular theories is that he the only anima...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 4 hours ago
A simple OpenDDL-Parser - By Kimmi
I started to work on a simple OpenDDL-parser. This will be used in the Asset-Importer-Library for the OpenGEX-importer, which I am currently working on. You can find it here:https://github.com/kimk...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 14 hours ago
Alpha release delivered - By cozzie
Hi everybody.I want to take you on a trip through the development of my 2nd game ever. Note that the 1st was just a 'simple' Asteroids clone, though completely finished with difficulties, levels an...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 14 hours ago
Color Grading! - Yay - By Migi0027 (肉)
Another entry! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png So something I never got a basic implementation of was color grading, so today I decided to get a rough implemen...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 22 hours ago
Disaster Strikes - By Gooey
I had just finished writing my text renderer and sorting out the last of the movement for my roos when bang hard drive failure. It was only that morning I said that I needed to back up my work and...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Gnoblins is on facebook now - By Ashaman73
...so check it out: http://www.facebook.com/Gnoblins
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Who's going to GDC? - By joew
Since it was the last day of online registration I caved and bought a GDC pass since I really didn't want to miss out this year with all the uber cool new toys that'll be on the floor. Who else is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Entities can be a plain integer too! - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest features of dustArtemis, int based entities and component pooling. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenc...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Kitchen Sink Week - By joew
Definitely a kitchen sink week. Since the last time I posted I've hopped around and worked on probably 10-12 completely different things, which is quite interesting but at the same time extremely d...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Playing with new content generation - By CulDeVu
Hey all!So I've been working on fixing an annoying little bug in the physics engine that sometimes makes you get stuck on corners. The fix is kinda hack-ish, but hey. Can't do anything about it. I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Adding in roos - By Gooey
So the last couple of days i have added in a couple of characters to rescue and found yet another bug. The bug was the characters were moving wrong which led me to breaking the movement and the way...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Shadows and Point Lights - By Bacterius
In the last entry we set up a simple ray tracer capable of rendering two spheres into an image with solid colors, without any kind of lighting. For this entry we will extend our ray tracer a little...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Textures! - By Gooey
To start off the weekend didnt goto plan although I got all I planned done I wanted to get the textures sorted out after good progress on Saturday. Sadly I procrastinated all day Sunday but got som...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Volumetric Lighting! - By Migi0027 (肉)
So one topic that we all hear over and over is VOLUMETRIC LIGHTING ( caps intended ). Why? Because its so damn awesome. Why not? Because it can get expensive depending on the hardware. So after cou...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
First Steps - By Bacterius
So about a year ago I posted about writing a ray tracing article series. Unfortunately I did not actually have the time to begin working on it last year, and since then it has been gnawing at me, b...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
They are still alive... - By Ashaman73
I mean the Gnoblins http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/wub.png After such a long time of silence I have some news and something new to watch.http://public.gamedev5.net//pub...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Switcheroo to Vector graphics - By CulDeVu
Greetings!First off, let me just say something about SVG files. In many ways, it's a fantastic format, especially in the way that its designed to be easily parsed. Unfortunately, SVG files are real...

PARTNERS