• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

NeHe Productions

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 month, 20 hours ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
End of day seven - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Alrighty, here's my entry: [Download .zip file from Dropbox] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byq6HBvCUAAlEgo.png Man, this was really tiring. I had to vastly shift the gameplay mechanics earlier toda...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
End of day 6 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Well, we're coming down to it. Not sure I'll be able to make it (though I'll submit whatever I do have by the deadline). I'mma gonna havta pull an all-nighter to make sure I actually submit somethi...
End of day 4 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
Well, things are progressing slowly; this could get ugly as I come down to the deadline. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png I still have almost all the gameplay ne...
End of day 3 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
I ran into some coding complications, so I didn't get too much done feature-wise, but the artist completed coloring one of the mice, so the sniper will look like this:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By...
End of day 1 - TWoA - By Servant of the Lord
I didn't get too much done, but I did get scrolling, zooming, and picking of isometric tiles.Also display the controls and gameplay tips.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByMl-FPCIAEnnJp.png I made the...
Apparently murdering babies is off the table - WoA2 contest - By Servant of the Lord
So the week of awesome contest has just began, with the theme being "The toys are alive!".My artist friend and myself came up with an idea last night, so I'm about ready to get started coding it....
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Approaches to Resource Disposal - By swiftcoder
I’m working on developing a novel programming language, working title ‘aevum’. As part of that process, I’ll be writing a series of articles about various aspects of language design and development...
Developer Journal - 9 months, 1 day ago
Dev Journal: Detecting Tapping and Pressing inputs using Java. - By tom_mai78101
I'll be showing you a simple way of detecting different input keystrokes using Java. There are two different keystrokes for a computer keyboard, tapping and pressing. Tapping a key means the user i...
Developer Journal - 9 months, 1 day ago
Dev Journal: 2D sprite animation using OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android - By tom_mai78101
Chapter 7 - Making heavy use of AndroidYou probably might see that the way I write this journal is a bit different than my other entries. The fact that I'm using Chrome for Android to write this, m...
Developer Journal - 10 months, 1 week ago
Inwhich I post some artwork to gaze upon... - By Servant of the Lord
Inwhich I post some artwork to gaze upon......wistfully longing for them to actually be within the game world itself.Been sick/busy/occupied for awhile with non-programming things, but I've still g...
Developer Journal - 12 months, 4 days ago
The Dev Journal: How I brought new life to an already wasted creation - By tom_mai78101
Chapter 5 - Adding ingredients I loved to the cauldron. The first game I got into was not actually a PC game, but rather the oldies my dad put on a CD-ROM for me to play with. The CD-ROM was packed...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 6 days ago
Update on 'Of Stranger Flames' - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted in awhile. I've been busy doing some minor VBA scripts as well as necessary housework projects, so I haven't been able to make much project on my game.Anyway, I'm back knee-deep in O...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 1 week ago
Balking it up: Why I am doing this? - By tom_mai78101
Chapter 3 - Questioning my demo. Expecting some sort of ideas, guidelines, or tips for improving arbitrary concepts, instead, I get asked about why I'm using Java AWT and pixel manipulation techniq...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 2 weeks ago
The First Journey: I hate this so much... - By tom_mai78101
Chapter 1 - The Introduction I Disliked About. This is the first part of the many infinite journal entries I'll be doing in the future. This is a diary, without written dates or manuscripts about i...
Status Update - 1 year, 3 weeks ago
CatmanFS
How much I love cspan
Developer Journal - 1 year, 3 months ago
Slow progress - By achild
Well, it has been just over 2 months since my last entry. A lot has happened since then...Basis released! First and foremost, Basis, our (completely free) 2d skeletal animation tool was released fo...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 4 months ago
Code snippet for typesafe void* userdata - By Servant of the Lord
Just tossed this piece of code together - it wraps void* points with asserts() to ensure you are getting the same type that you originally set.Normally I shy away from void* pointers as I feel like...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 5 months ago
Experiment in Kickstarter - By achild
Woo!We finally reached the point that we are ready to release Basis. As I mentioned before it is free in all ways possible, private or commercial use. It is proven to be usable in-game, and easy to...
90 + 90 = 100 - By achild
If you've been in development long, you've heard the phrase or something similar: "The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 perce...
I'd like to be a tree - By Servant of the Lord
I know I haven't posted in a long while. Still working on Of Stranger Flames , but progress has been sporadic. Still optimistic though!Here's some of the tree art I've been working on: Alas, this i...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 6 months ago
Fun with commas - By swiftcoder
This thread over at GameDev got me thinking, “can one assign Python-like tuples in C++?”I don’t want to pollute the thread in For Beginners with that discussion, but the answer is yes, even withou...
Developer Journal - 1 year, 7 months ago
Tools Dev - What's it DO - By achild
A Tool's Purpose The purpose of tools, by definition, is to perform or at least help with some kind of work . When it comes to development tools, as with all software, one can quickly lose focus of...

PARTNERS