• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

GDNet Lounge

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 14 hours, 46 minutes ago
/cast Resurrect HeightMapEditor - By JTippetts
A short while ago (translation: 10 years) I had been working on a heightmap editor for a game project I was working on. Like most of my projects, it fell by the wayside. I haven't really had time...
Developer Journal - 15 hours, 55 minutes ago
"Gamedev Lego": Putting all the parts together into a playable game using an event system - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So, again, it's been a couple of weeks since my last entry. Moving on from where we were, to where we are now, I am now in a position to start putting together various subsystems and li...
Developer Journal - 20 hours, 11 minutes ago
Who Is Springtrap From Five Nights At Freddy's ? - By Code Fox
The game "5 Nights At Freddy's 3 " hasn't been out a full day yet, and already there is speculation on who the animatronic "Springtrap" is.One of the most popular theories is that he the only anima...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 10 hours ago
Generic Planning Post #1 - By CC Ricers
This post is just to spill my general thoughts out there on what I am doing in the gamedev world, since now I have several things that I'd like to do.Project SeedWorld is still ongoing as a voxel e...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 14 hours ago
quick test - By Gaiiden
deleting soon
Developer Journal - 2 days, 9 hours ago
Alpha release delivered - By cozzie
Hi everybody.I want to take you on a trip through the development of my 2nd game ever. Note that the 1st was just a 'simple' Asteroids clone, though completely finished with difficulties, levels an...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 8 hours ago
Color Grading! - Yay - By Migi0027 (肉)
Another entry! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png So something I never got a basic implementation of was color grading, so today I decided to get a rough implemen...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
Disaster Strikes - By Gooey
I had just finished writing my text renderer and sorting out the last of the movement for my roos when bang hard drive failure. It was only that morning I said that I needed to back up my work and...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 20 hours ago
Gnoblins is on facebook now - By Ashaman73
...so check it out: http://www.facebook.com/Gnoblins
Developer Journal - 4 days, 4 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 213 - By et1337
It's the end of February and this game is supposed to be content-complete. In a sense, it actually is. All the levels are done. Twenty in all. I thought this month would never end!http://et1337.com...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 6 hours ago
Who's going to GDC? - By joew
Since it was the last day of online registration I caved and bought a GDC pass since I really didn't want to miss out this year with all the uber cool new toys that'll be on the floor. Who else is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 hours ago
ECS is officially the bomb! - By CC Ricers
Over the last week and a half, I have been working on my own ECS framework. This is a side project away from my main voxel game, but it is something I wanted to do in order to be able to improve my...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Entities can be a plain integer too! - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest features of dustArtemis, int based entities and component pooling. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenc...
Kitchen Sink Week - By joew
Definitely a kitchen sink week. Since the last time I posted I've hopped around and worked on probably 10-12 completely different things, which is quite interesting but at the same time extremely d...
On your mark, get set, crawl! - By Drakonka
In my previous post I wrote about rethinking racing (aka ripping out the existing racing system).Today I got most of the work done on that. There is a lot left to do, but as of right now:A new jar...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Playing with new content generation - By CulDeVu
Hey all!So I've been working on fixing an annoying little bug in the physics engine that sometimes makes you get stuck on corners. The fix is kinda hack-ish, but hey. Can't do anything about it. I...
Adding in roos - By Gooey
So the last couple of days i have added in a couple of characters to rescue and found yet another bug. The bug was the characters were moving wrong which led me to breaking the movement and the way...
Rethinking Racing. Also Cool Snail Art! - By Drakonka
Racing in Gastorpoda has been implemented for months in its most basic state, but has never really gotten the attention it needs. So things like jars, in-jar positioning, and movement ended up evol...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Testing UI - By CC Ricers
First, a late thanks to the staff at GDnet for featuring one of my entries. It was certainly not expected and I'm glad it was very insightful to a lot of people. Back to business on my game work, I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Thought about PIMPL - By Aardvajk
Was just thinking about using some PIMPL in a project I'm working on and had a thought about avoiding the (probably irrelevant) cost of having to new the implementation for a value class.Would this...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
4) Assets... uggh - By AFS
Hello.I've only worked a few hours on this little monster this week, I have been very distracted with "real life". The only "work" I did (if we can call it "work", because to me working on this fee...
Microsoft's Hololens - By Jason Z
In general, I have always been interested in computer graphics. There is lots of different problems to solve, and if you like math/geometry then there really aren't many better ways to exercise yo...
Shadows and Point Lights - By Bacterius
In the last entry we set up a simple ray tracer capable of rendering two spheres into an image with solid colors, without any kind of lighting. For this entry we will extend our ray tracer a little...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
The Poor Man's Voxel Engine - By et1337
This is not a tutorial. It's a story. A Voxel Odyssey.The story starts with 19 year old me in a dorm room next to the Ohio State stadium. I don't have the repo from this stage of development (SVN a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 8 hours ago
Textures! - By Gooey
To start off the weekend didnt goto plan although I got all I planned done I wanted to get the textures sorted out after good progress on Saturday. Sadly I procrastinated all day Sunday but got som...

PARTNERS