• Create Account

GDNet Lounge

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 9 hours ago
Speed bumps and soft launches - By joew
Whenever people ask me what it's like to build a startup, not just in games but in general, I often equate it to driving a car with no breaks down a road full of speed bumps and road blocks. If you...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 14 hours ago
One Year Later… - By ericrrichards22
Tuesday was the anniversary of my first real post on this blog. For the most part, I’ve tried to keep my content here on the technical side of things, but, what the hell, this is a good time to r...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 20 hours ago
RedBox v0.2, spawn and melee - By arka80
Things are going quickly, and after a few days from 0.1, I completed the checklist for 0.2. Woah! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png The main feature was the abilit...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 5 hours ago
Build & Project Configurations for Hieroglyph 3 - By Jason Z
Building Hieroglyph 3 Hieroglyph 3 always has had an 'SDK' folder where the engine static library is built to in its various configuration and platform incarnations, and the include (*.h, *.inl) f...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 9 hours ago
New trailer! - By et1337
Gearing up for Midwest Game Developers Summit this weekend. Tune in next week for my first expo post-mortem. In the mean time, the old trailer was looking woefully outdated, so here's a brand ne...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 17 hours ago
RedBox v0.1, old fashion roguelike - By arka80
So, after some prototypes and some adventures in the isometric universe, I took a step back to good old ascii roguelike.I also switched from C++ to good old ansi C.I kept SFML, in its C flavor, CSF...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 20 hours ago
Simplified Example Of How To Use JPanel & JFrame With Lots Of Different Stuff - By Shippou
Below you will find a fully functional code example that shows how to do many common tasks with JPanel & JFrame. I stripped out as much useless "fluff" as I could, leaving the code as bare as...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 8 hours ago
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex - By Tutorial Doctor
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex:It never makes me feel good when I see my faults in the mirror.Now, this is a time of reflection, but all of a sudden I am thinking of how t...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 8 hours ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Two fireworks shows down in Florida outside of Miami I did for this holiday weekend went great - Arthur was well to the north and the T-storms stayed away during the evenings. Got home last night s...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 18 hours ago
Much faster now - By polyfrag
I've not given up on 3D. The game now runs at 300-500 FPS here thanks to:- getting rid of several hundred units- getting rid of shadows and bump mapping- using VBO- frustum culling everything- simp...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 14 hours ago
Multi-texturing + Yoshi's Island - By eppo
hallo,Modo's 'shader tree':http://www.dynamique.nl/grow/pst/ModoMaterial.png It's a peculiar thing at first: instead of creating explicit materials, you add shading components (textures etc.) to a...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 17 hours ago
First version of FlatBuffers in .NET - By evolutional
I've committed by first alpha version of the FlatBuffers port to .NET to GitHub .Since my last post, I decided to port the Java version to .NET as straight as I could, which means the use between J...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 12 hours ago
First Entry - What I'm doing - By Migi0027
Hi fellow GameDev's!This will be my first journal entry, and my last ( nah, it wont be ), so throughout this journal I'll hopefully post the most interesting developments in my engine or my game.Ju...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 15 hours ago
We announced Imperia our strategy RPG! - By joew
We're a tiny studio and we finally found the time (well made the time by staying up about 50 hours straight) to finalize our site and announce our upcoming strategy RPG Imperia for the iPad/Mac/PC...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Pixel-perfect orthography - By polyfrag
Some open source linux enthusiast person has been helping me with my project.https://github.com/polyf/corpstatesc/commits/master Thanks to his final nudge, the RTS runs on linux now.https://dl.drop...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
New Studio: First month in review - By slayemin
This week is a bit unusual. I'm taking a planned vacation on Friday and will be gone for two weeks. All I see is costly expenses and that's causing me to grit my teeth a bit, but I'm trying not to...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
VISUAL STUDIO IS A SELFISH WANKER - By ApochPiQ
Why in the ever living FUCK does Visual Studio 2012 insist on bringing itself to the foreground every time the debugger starts?This is fucking horseshit. I have multiple projects that I have to wo...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
First (super early) showing of game - By Lactose!
So, what's happened since the last journal entry?With a rough and basic framework in place for drawing and moving some characters around, we continued adding and testing new animations, combat mech...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 6 /21 - 6/28 Say hello to new journal author BlackLodgeGames !Project Updates Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord managed to snag some...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 hours ago
New Studio: Week 3 - Prototyping - By slayemin
​Tuesday: It's Tuesday night, I'm sipping a beer and barely feeling it. Let's do this!My artist (Dan) and I started building the initial prototype for our game this week. The first thing we did is...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Log 1 - By Orymus3
Hi,I took a few days off this week. I had promised myself to do some devving on the side this summer, and exposed my thoughts in my previous entry. I took about 4-5 hours in the last 4 days to look...
Simple Mesh Loaders - By Jason Z
Over the years, I have relied on the trusty old Milkshape3D file format for getting my 3D meshes into my engine. When I first started out in 3D programming, I didn't have a lot of cash to pick up...

PARTNERS