• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

GDNet Lounge

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 2 hours ago
Who's going to GDC? - By joew
Since it was the last day of online registration I caved and bought a GDC pass since I really didn't want to miss out this year with all the uber cool new toys that'll be on the floor. Who else is...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 3 hours ago
ECS is officially the bomb! - By CC Ricers
Over the last week and a half, I have been working on my own ECS framework. This is a side project away from my main voxel game, but it is something I wanted to do in order to be able to improve my...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 35 minutes ago
Entities can be a plain integer too! - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest features of dustArtemis, int based entities and component pooling. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenc...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 3 hours ago
Kitchen Sink Week - By joew
Definitely a kitchen sink week. Since the last time I posted I've hopped around and worked on probably 10-12 completely different things, which is quite interesting but at the same time extremely d...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 5 hours ago
On your mark, get set, crawl! - By Drakonka
In my previous post I wrote about rethinking racing (aka ripping out the existing racing system).Today I got most of the work done on that. There is a lot left to do, but as of right now:A new jar...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 7 hours ago
Playing with new content generation - By CulDeVu
Hey all!So I've been working on fixing an annoying little bug in the physics engine that sometimes makes you get stuck on corners. The fix is kinda hack-ish, but hey. Can't do anything about it. I...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 7 hours ago
Adding in roos - By Gooey
So the last couple of days i have added in a couple of characters to rescue and found yet another bug. The bug was the characters were moving wrong which led me to breaking the movement and the way...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 18 hours ago
Rethinking Racing. Also Cool Snail Art! - By Drakonka
Racing in Gastorpoda has been implemented for months in its most basic state, but has never really gotten the attention it needs. So things like jars, in-jar positioning, and movement ended up evol...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 6 hours ago
Testing UI - By CC Ricers
First, a late thanks to the staff at GDnet for featuring one of my entries. It was certainly not expected and I'm glad it was very insightful to a lot of people. Back to business on my game work, I...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 19 hours ago
Thought about PIMPL - By Aardvajk
Was just thinking about using some PIMPL in a project I'm working on and had a thought about avoiding the (probably irrelevant) cost of having to new the implementation for a value class.Would this...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 hours ago
4) Assets... uggh - By AFS
Hello.I've only worked a few hours on this little monster this week, I have been very distracted with "real life". The only "work" I did (if we can call it "work", because to me working on this fee...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 hours ago
Microsoft's Hololens - By Jason Z
In general, I have always been interested in computer graphics. There is lots of different problems to solve, and if you like math/geometry then there really aren't many better ways to exercise yo...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 18 hours ago
Shadows and Point Lights - By Bacterius
In the last entry we set up a simple ray tracer capable of rendering two spheres into an image with solid colors, without any kind of lighting. For this entry we will extend our ray tracer a little...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
The Poor Man's Voxel Engine - By et1337
This is not a tutorial. It's a story. A Voxel Odyssey.The story starts with 19 year old me in a dorm room next to the Ohio State stadium. I don't have the repo from this stage of development (SVN a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Textures! - By Gooey
To start off the weekend didnt goto plan although I got all I planned done I wanted to get the textures sorted out after good progress on Saturday. Sadly I procrastinated all day Sunday but got som...
Volumetric Lighting! - By Migi0027 (肉)
So one topic that we all hear over and over is VOLUMETRIC LIGHTING ( caps intended ). Why? Because its so damn awesome. Why not? Because it can get expensive depending on the hardware. So after cou...
First Steps - By Bacterius
So about a year ago I posted about writing a ray tracing article series. Unfortunately I did not actually have the time to begin working on it last year, and since then it has been gnawing at me, b...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Snail brain semi-stable and reviewing visual traits set during breeding - By Drakonka
The snail brain, while still very basic, seems somewhat stable now. By "stable" I mean a snail can survive and reproduce without human intervention if it has a steady supply of food.When I first em...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
They are still alive... - By Ashaman73
I mean the Gnoblins http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/wub.png After such a long time of silence I have some news and something new to watch.http://public.gamedev5.net//pub...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Voxel lighting problem solved - By CC Ricers
I have fixed a problem that has bugged me for quite some time. For most of the development of SeedWorld, up until last week, every chunk was not able to access voxels from immediate neighbors. Th...
Switcheroo to Vector graphics - By CulDeVu
Greetings!First off, let me just say something about SVG files. In many ways, it's a fantastic format, especially in the way that its designed to be easily parsed. Unfortunately, SVG files are real...
The beginning of particle simulation - By Migi0027 (肉)
Last Entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1882/entry-2260844-got-new-particle-rendering-up-and-running-simulation-next/ So I got a basic backbones of the simulation system up and running. The simulat...
Me and my shadow... - By Aardvajk
So I finally got to working on the shadow mapping and making it a bit more sophisticated. Previously I was only casting shadows directly down from above and only casting onto surfaces which were f...
Gastropoda - a snail simulation - By Drakonka
My hobby project doesn't really fall into the category of a "game", but it seems game dev communities are still among the most relevant to discuss it. I guess that's because there are no popular si...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Got new particle rendering up and running ( Simulation Next! ) - By Migi0027 (肉)
So thanks to this awesome community I got my particle system up and running using structured buffers. My next step will be simulations with it, my goal is to make my particle simulation in the worl...

PARTNERS