• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

GDNet Lounge

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 30 minutes ago
Visual scripting basics - By Juliean
Last entry:http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2261095-assets-creation-data-processing/ The last few weeks, my work has primarly been focused around my visual scripting system, so I decided to m...
Developer Journal - 16 hours, 57 minutes ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #4: NEW OFFICE! - By Night Lone
This week has been busy, I've fixed a little problem with my shader loading functions (rather, I forgot to code the darn functions before which messed me up until now) and been researching a ton. I...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 45 minutes ago
Fluffy Friday #2: Adding critters. - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Adding critters. Welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our world uncovering gifs last week you can check them here . Flu...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
Destructor Access to Execution Context - By Aardvajk
Destructor Access to Execution Context Having got this working in destructors as per the last entry, the next challenge I decided to get into was making it possible to access values in the surroun...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 18 hours ago
What came first, the chicken or the egg: Implementing the loading screen - By braindigitalis
Another week, another feature!This week heralds the addition of a loading screen. Partly due to a thread here on gamedev.net i decided that perhaps now was the time to add one, as shown below.http...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 15 hours ago
Items - By Drakonka
After finishing yesterday's post about generating images for user-combined substrate items I realized that I never really provided an explanation about how items work in general (or how they work f...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 8 hours ago
Generating images for combined substrate - By Drakonka
The Laravel 5 migration is complete and I'm back to substrate mixing and brain bug fixing!Actually, I think now that basic mixing is done I'm going to do a few weeks of just bug fixing. The substra...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 4 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #1: Tile appearing - By VirginRed
More on our IndieDB page Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Tile appearing. http://media.indiedb.com/images/members/1/652/651585/profile/header.png Today I present you a new kind of post t...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 18 hours ago
Om Destructor Woes - By Aardvajk
Om Destructor Woes "Had I knowm, I would have been a watchmaker," is perhaps wrongly quoted to Einstein I believe on his discovery that E=MC2 meant the possibility of the atomic bomb. Well "Had I k...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 21 hours ago
Compute shader for skinned mesh animation - D3D11 - By Buckeye
Preface I was raised and educated as an engineer. Not an engineer for a locomotive (though I would've loved to have been such in the days of steam), but, by education and experience, an engineer i...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 7 hours ago
Environment Simulation - By Ashaman73
It is time for an other developer log, this time in video form. In one of the previous videos I demonstrated the water simulation capabilities in Gnoblins and I have promised to talk about further...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 11 hours ago
Interview with 'SomeGuy' on our development of Static: Investigator Training - By EDI
My wife and I give a detailed account of our FMV adventure game.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdZceMa7ttM
Developer Journal - 6 days, 12 hours ago
Inverse Kinematics to the rescue. - By desdemian
I'm currently trying things to make the game easier on the new player, without sacrificing the original vision.Besides modifying the first levels, I have added a few control related improvements. I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 8 hours ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #3: Better late than never - By Night Lone
I took this week studying a few things. Unfortunately that means that not much has been done; in fact I could paste what I've done here, if it wasn't in 10 different files!So, what have I been stud...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 20 hours ago
Playing with terrains - By arka80
The need I thought for a bit to a method to render tiled maps (terrains) in a way that seems less... well, less tiled actually. The brainstorming/idea First idea was to have smaller tiles and dif...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Setting up Chocolate Wolfenstein 3D in Visual Studio 2013 - By ericrrichards22
For the past few weeks, I've been once again noodling on the idea of starting a .NET port of a classic Id FPS. As a kid on my first computer, an off-brand 486 with DOS, I just hit the tail end of t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Game Development Career Guide (PDF) - By Tutorial Doctor
Found this awesome resource on all things gamedev:http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/pubs/gdmag_career_guide_feature.pdf
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Three, two, one, you're out! Adding the countdown timer, and other bits - By braindigitalis
Over the past month I have busied myself adding lots of tiny bits to the game, some of which are obvious to players and others not.I have added a new menu design, with sound effects and animations;...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Om Prototype Inheritance and Object Destructors - By Aardvajk
Om Prototype Inheritance and Destructors Been a while since an update since I've been mainly reimplementing all of the basic functionality into the now third incarnation of Om that has been already...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
PPP - Pixel Perfect Picking - Edge Selection adventures - By Buckeye
This blog entry describes the continuing adventure of coding an editor for a skinned mesh which has skeletal animation. Coding this app is intended not as a destination, but as a journey of learnin...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Revel Immortal v24, and general update - By EDI
Greetings All!So, Revel Immortal v24 is now live; only a couple small fixes, hopefully more to come soon.The reason for the 'light & late' update (our last update was about a month ago); was th...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Automatically Generating Sprites for a Space Shooter - By fastcall22
​I'm writing yet another generic space shooter while learning WTL, DirectX, and modern graphics programming along the way. Today was spent writing a script to build SVG fragments into a texture atl...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
BooH released, lessons learned and more - By cozzie
After about 4 months of hard work, today I've releashed my game; BooH.For the ones who read my earlier journal entries, it's been a heck of a ride http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 14 hours ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #2 - By Night Lone
Welcome back! or if you're new to my new blog, please read "The Start...Kind of..." first! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Now, I'm going to try my best to ma...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 17 hours ago
6) Pause menu - By AFS
Hello.I finally finished some very important real life stuff that I had to do: I couldn't work on this in the past two months, but now I can work on it, so yay!Anyway, I wanted to make a pause menu...

PARTNERS